Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Touchdown Club

Started by GuyGatlin, December 13, 2017, 10:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyGatlin

Did Chad Morris attend the high school award honors tonight in Houston?  The news mentioned that Jimbo and several Big 12 coaches attended. 

(notOM)Rebel123

December 14, 2017, 04:59:32 am #1 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:39:03 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: GuyGatlin on December 13, 2017, 10:43:01 pm
Did Chad Morris attend the high school award honors tonight in Houston?  The news mentioned that Jimbo and several Big 12 coaches attended. 

He (Chad Morris) isn't mentioned in this article.
http://www.iosconews.com/sports/national/article_bcfaf1d1-9185-51c0-85de-121d6d51f1ec.html
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 14, 2017, 05:15:17 am
Nor is other Texas college coaches or other little 12 coaches.

Maybe I misread this part of the article....

"The many college coaches in attendance showed the importance of recruiting Houston. The group included Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury, Baylor's Matt Rhule, West Virginia's Dana Hogorsen, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy, Houston's Major Applewhite and Texas' Tom Herman, who just finished his first season with the Longhorns."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 14, 2017, 06:19:23 am
Maybe I misread this part of the article....

"The many college coaches in attendance showed the importance of recruiting Houston. The group included Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury, Baylor's Matt Rhule, West Virginia's Dana Hogorsen, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy, Houston's Major Applewhite and Texas' Tom Herman, who just finished his first season with the Longhorns."

Never listed who was in the group. Not sure who did attend. Why would they list some of those without listing OU, TCU and others. Right now those are bigger names than those listed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 14, 2017, 04:59:32 am
He isn't mentioned in this article.
http://www.iosconews.com/sports/national/article_bcfaf1d1-9185-51c0-85de-121d6d51f1ec.html

"The state of Texas is one of the biggest reasons I came here." Fisher said.

Jimbo fitting right in as an Aggie.  Man I can't wait for him to fail!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 14, 2017, 07:19:06 am

Nothing would make me happier than seeing jimbo and the aggies go down in flames
Let's call those hogs!!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 14, 2017, 06:41:35 am
Never listed who was in the group. Not sure who did attend. Why would they list some of those without listing OU, TCU and others. Right now those are bigger names than those listed.

I have no clue why they didn't list them all. The article clearly states that those coaches listed above  were in attendance. It reads like there were others in attendance, as well.  To answer the OP's question, Morris was not among the coaches who were listed. So, based on the article, one doesn't know if he was there or not.

Sounds like a place any HC wanting to recruit Texas should be unless seriously taken up somewhere else. 

I see Hogville is downtalking the Fisher/A&M situation.  You look like idiots on this one.  Fisher has a hotbed of recruits right there in the Houston area.  He isn't the idiot we wish he was.  Us saying it doesn't make it true.  A far lessor coach than Fisher kicked our asses time after time at A&M.  Admit, we had a total fool for a HC during most of those ass kickings but we still received the loss and Fisher will likely continue the pillage.  If you want to talk recruiting advantages.  A&M could be limited to recruiting on motor scooters from where they set and should recruit at a higher rate than Arkansas.  I suggest we need to know when to shut up.

ricepig

Hou-Hog

Quote from: 12247 on December 14, 2017, 07:54:34 am
Sounds like a place any HC wanting to recruit Texas should be unless seriously taken up somewhere else. 

I see Hogville is downtalking the Fisher/A&M situation.  You look like idiots on this one.  Fisher has a hotbed of recruits right there in the Houston area.  He isn't the idiot we wish he was.  Us saying it doesn't make it true.  A far lessor coach than Fisher kicked our asses time after time at A&M.  Admit, we had a total fool for a HC during most of those ass kickings but we still received the loss and Fisher will likely continue the pillage.  If you want to talk recruiting advantages.  A&M could be limited to recruiting on motor scooters from where they set and should recruit at a higher rate than Arkansas.  I suggest we need to know when to shut up.
you do not think that FSU is in a hot bed for recruiting?  Give me a break.

oldhawg

Quote from: Hou-Hog on December 14, 2017, 08:08:09 am
you do not think that FSU is in a hot bed for recruiting?  Give me a break.

Fisher was 83-23 at Florida State in eight years with a national championship.  I'd say he did okay.  I'll also predict that A&M would be very happy with similar results.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: rzrbk4life on December 14, 2017, 07:20:27 am
Nothing would make me happier than seeing jimbo and the aggies go down in flames

Can you imagine the implosion that is going to happen at A&M when we beat Fisher with an Aggie as our coach?

...and they can't get rid of him because they have that albatross/boat anchor tied around their neck for a decade?

This is going to be fun...

Hoggish1

Quote from: oldhawg on December 14, 2017, 08:19:46 am
Fisher was 83-23 at Florida State in eight years with a national championship.  I'd say he did okay.  I'll also predict that A&M would be very happy with similar results.

He did OK.  That's not good enough when you recruit at that level.  Aggies will find out that Fisher gets poor results than his recruiting would suggest he should get.

He will brow beat his recruits, too.  It erodes their confidence over time. 

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: GuyGatlin on December 13, 2017, 10:43:01 pm
I think he was doing an in home visit with the DT in Fordyce

Beached

Listening to some on here who go on and on about A&M's advantages over Arkansas... makes it hard to reconcile the fact that we have a sizable lead in the series record with them.

It's only in the Buffoon Bert years that we've been able to consistently chalk this game up as a loss, and that was because of Buffoon Bert.

DiamondHogFan

CCM doesn't have to network around Texas the same way Fisher does.  Those high school coaches already know who and what CCM is.  He is busy recruiting with the little time he has before the early signing period closes.  I'm sure he will be at events like this in the future, but right now the in home visits are much more valuable IMO.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: rzrbk4life on December 14, 2017, 07:20:27 am
^^^^^^ I want to see him and Gus go down together.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hawgon

Recruiting isn't A&M's problem.  No coach is going to improve on their recruiting all that much as that it is already great.  They need a guy to get the most out of them once they get there.  In that respect, Fisher is not one of those guys that I would throw a bank at. 

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: 12247 on December 14, 2017, 07:54:34 am

I agree. The man is going to make the west tougher

WaltonCollege

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Beached on December 14, 2017, 09:42:22 am
Listening to some on here who go on and on about A&M's advantages over Arkansas... makes it hard to reconcile the fact that we have a sizable lead in the series record with them.

It's only in the Buffoon Bert years that we've been able to consistently chalk this game up as a loss, and that was because of Buffoon Bert.

Aaannnnddduuhh, they had to take him to OT 3 of those times!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ex-Trumpet

Jimbo built a good program at FSU.  Too bad he built it from a great program.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HawgHawk

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 14, 2017, 07:19:06 am

I don't doubt that, no state income tax in texass. LOL

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HawgHawk on December 14, 2017, 02:56:39 pm
I don't doubt that, no state income tax in texass. LOL

Wasn't one in Fla either.

HogHomer

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 14, 2017, 02:33:54 pm
In the nine years before Jimbo got the job they had 1 10 win season and had won the ACC  4 times. Hardly a great program. Although they did have tremendous history before going through a slump before Bobby Bowden retired. But it wasn't like he was handed a well oiled machine.

Gentlemen, I didn't say Fisher wasn't overpaid.  I didn't say the FSU wasn't in a hotbed for recruiting.  You made my case when you posted his record at FSU.  The point I was trying to make is that Fisher could fill his 25 limit on recruits within 150 mile radius of the A&M campus and still put up a decently ranked group.  Its my opinion that from Sumlin to Fisher made our job of beating A&M tougher. 

I hope Chad takes Fisher to the dance and leaves him there.  But I believe that won't be easy.  The best way for Chad to get to A&M is to kick their rears often.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 14, 2017, 02:33:54 pm

Yep.

ManBeast

Quote from: oldhawg on December 14, 2017, 08:19:46 am

I suspect there won't be a replication of those results while he's at Texas A&M. Consider the fact that most of the time he was at FSU the ACC was down. The ACC also isn't near as good as the SEC. Of course, you don't need me to tell you this. We all know that as a fact. Jimbo may do well, but I doubt he will win at an 80% clip.

Melancholy_Pigg

Aggies have gone back 2 the future.  Anyone remember the Jackie Sherrill hire in the early 80's?   I can't recall exactly buy wasnt that the first $1 million coaching contract in CFB?  And don't know the record during 80's but bet we weren't steamrolled year in and year out.

And the roads to Arkansas were much worse back then.   I think we'll be competitive.  But who knows.  Maybe they' ll boom and we'll bust or vice-versa.

I think one thing that always sorta hurt A&M was being behind TX & OU.  But at the same time being a big in-state program.   

It is like Why aren't you one of the top dogs and while the recruiter gave his song n dance the recruit, if nit going to OU or TX, started looking elsewhere , and the fighter who should have been punching wuth the heavy weights had to fight against welters.

I think it was a bad place to be in the marketplace.  I know that is poorly written (tired) but I think you get my point.

shown006

Quote from: Beached on December 14, 2017, 09:42:22 am

Petrino went 3-0 against the Aggies.  We can beat them.
WPS!

Melancholy_Pigg

The record with A&M these past years hurts.  No doubt about it.