Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please please, someone give me a team report!

Started by Corkscrew Johnson, August 23, 2017, 11:46:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Corkscrew Johnson

I've been coming to Hogville for over a decade for football scoop.  This has been, without a doubt, the least amount of information reported on and discussed.  Not sure if it's because of a program decision to limit access, or some quality members have left the site, or ESPN henchmen are censoring information as part of their corporate strategy to torment Razoback fans, but regardless, I feel like preseason practice hasn't even started yet.   I can't read another prediction thread. 

If anyone has some good intel on how we are looking, I will inject a karma IV directly into your veins.   Who is stepping up, the oline, the WRs, the freshmen, the linebackers, the corners, whatever!   I'll take it all!   I don't care how you get it....I'm definitely not saying go to a pay board and relay information and pretend you witnessed everything first hand, I'm not saying that.  Like, I'm not suggesting that.  But sure, it's okay if you go into a back alley with an assistant coach and do what you gotta do.   

Remember, sharing is caring.  Thanks!!!

bphi11ips

Feel the same way.  It's like everyone who talks about football has disappeared.  Been reading WholeHogSports myself.  Lot's of good info there.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Next1_04

Well Austin Allen will start at QB and appears that Cole Kelly will be back up QB if that helps.

GuvHog

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on August 23, 2017, 11:46:06 am
I've been coming to Hogville for over a decade for football scoop.  This has been, without a doubt, the least amount of information reported on and discussed.  Not sure if it's because of a program decision to limit access, or some quality members have left the site, or ESPN henchmen are censoring information as part of their corporate strategy to torment Razoback fans, but regardless, I feel like preseason practice hasn't even started yet.   I can't read another prediction thread. 

If anyone has some good intel on how we are looking, I will inject a karma IV directly into your veins.   Who is stepping up, the oline, the WRs, the freshmen, the linebackers, the corners, whatever!   I'll take it all!   I don't care how you get it....I'm definitely not saying go to a pay board and relay information and pretend you witnessed everything first hand, I'm not saying that.  Like, I'm not suggesting that.  But sure, it's okay if you go into a back alley with an assistant coach and do what you gotta do.   

I think it's mostly because access to the team and to practices is limited now. Ugly Uncle used to attend the practices as part of the media and post reports but he has moved to Louisiana.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Al Boarland

The players are working hard. Games are circled. Contract year for CBB. That's all the reported intel.

#1Fan

We're told it's going to be a special year.  That's all you need to know.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 12:10:40 pm
I think it's mostly because access to the team and to practices is limited now. Ugly Uncle used to attend the practices as part of the media and post reports but he has moved to Louisiana.

Well get his arse back up here! We got practice we want to read about.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

factchecker

QuoteT.J. Hammonds should be full speed and recovered from the knee injury that forced him to miss most of training camp by the end of the week.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/23/tj-hammonds-track-play-opener/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 12:10:40 pm

And since has moved back to Arkansas.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/900413685621018624

QuoteBielema: T.J. Hammonds practiced yesterday and he's cleared for 12 of 20 periods today. If no swelling, could be full clearance by Thursday
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

AA looks good, has been very accurate. Young Wr's are fast and have good size, but are inexperienced. As always the defense is a question. The move to the 3-4 leaves everyone wondering what that will look like. Also, as usual, hogs are really thin at LB and lost a coupe to injury at that spot, exacerbating the problem. Rb's are young, but look to be able to handle things as long as they improve at pass protection.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawgphat

I'm extremely hopeful that the Florida A&M game a week from tomorrow turns out to be a glorified general rehearsal for the impending season.  If it should happen to turn out to be a contentious "GAME", - after the fashion of some of the other perceived early "cupcakes" in recent years - I will be thoroughly dismayed and disheartened.  I don't expect that; - - - but I didn't expect if before, either.

Whether our Hogs employ a 3-4 defense, a 4-3 defense, a 5-2 defense or a 2-5 defense, - - I'm just hoping and praying that we have an efficient, productive defense this year.  And I've got all of my fingers AND toes crossed in hoping that our OL can afford our QB and our RBs some timely protection and scrimmage line push to provide a decent opportunity for the success of the offensive scheme.

I'm more than ready for some Razorback Football.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: Hawgphat on August 23, 2017, 02:11:41 pm
I'm extremely hopeful that the Florida A&M game a week from tomorrow turns out to be a glorified general rehearsal for the impending season.  If it should happen to turn out to be a contentious "GAME", - after the fashion of some of the other perceived early "cupcakes" in recent years - I will be thoroughly dismayed and disheartened.  I don't expect that; - - - but I didn't expect if before, either.

Whether our Hogs employ a 3-4 defense, a 4-3 defense, a 5-2 defense or a 2-5 defense, - - I'm just hoping and praying that we have an efficient, productive defense this year.  And I've got all of my fingers AND toes crossed in hoping that our OL can afford our QB and our RBs some timely protection and scrimmage line push to provide a decent opportunity for the success of the offensive scheme.

I'm more than ready for some Razorback Football.

You can be assured once FAMU gets a 1st down Hogville will explode with posters who will be assured our D is completely in the crapper.
It would be terribly disheartening if the FAMU game ends up being competitive. I believe our Hogs will be very focused and have this game in hand at halftime.

oldfart

like many of these games im sure the Rattlers will be playing their asses off.... but hope the hogs can have things well in hand by halftime.. but dont let up much the second half.....

BallHog1

I guess this is what happens when you lose well informed posters like OTR.

PorkSoda

Quote from: BallHog1 on August 23, 2017, 03:19:17 pm
yeah, what are we going to do without his weather insight and half time snack reports?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tusks

Anybody got a defensive depth chart since fall camp has been going on?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PorkSoda

Quote from: tusked on August 23, 2017, 03:26:57 pm
Anybody got a defensive depth chart since fall camp has been going on?
its not official yet, but this is the only one I found not dated in the spring.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/08/10/arkansas-football-projected-depth-chart-2017/
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Svrdhd

After last year I'm actually thankful for the lack of information as it was quite a shock to realize how far off the informed feedback was, particularly on defense. We knew there were questions, but shiitake mushrooms that was stunningly bad.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

sowmonella

Quote from: BallHog1 on August 23, 2017, 03:19:17 pm

Best thing that ever happened to this board.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DEVIL DOG HOG

I don't think the Hogs will show too much, a very vanilla game.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Next1_04 on August 23, 2017, 11:58:15 am
Well Austin Allen will start at QB and appears that Cole Kelly will be back up QB if that helps.

This could have been announced last season. 

I admittedly have not cared to be informed.  If AA or Devwah or the like gets hurt, I would have been interested.  Otherwise, I don't trust much of anything anymore.  "Offense looked good!"  OK well our defense has been ** mostly for years.  Not sure that is a good sign.  "Defense had a great day.  LBers are really looking good."  Hear that and I think good lord how bad is the offense doing.  After last season's end, I've taken the summer and almost all of August practice off.  The least I have paid attention ever. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 23, 2017, 04:19:59 pm
After last season's end, I've taken the summer and almost all of August practice off.  The least I have paid attention ever. 
I've been pretty much the same way.  not necessarily because I think we are going to suck, but I no longer feel the need to get myself worked up in the off season.  There will plenty of opportunity to cheer/yell at the TV during the season.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2017, 04:29:23 pm
I've been pretty much the same way.  not necessarily because I think we are going to suck, but I no longer feel the need to get myself worked up in the off season.  There will plenty of opportunity to cheer/yell at the TV during the season.

Same here.  I think we will have a pretty good team but will pace myself for the complaining during the season.  Record may not show it with only 3 SEC home games.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JIHawg

We appear to have good depth at rb, receiver, and tight end.  Austin has had a great fall camp, only one interception.

We could be thin at lb, especially inside, if we have injuries we have a freshman playing 2nd team.

Great defensive ends, man over center will be by committee.

Kickers/punters seem to be coming on.

We have lots more speed than in the past at several positions.

We have some depth at safety and corner.

All the defensive players seem to really like and respond to the new dc.  This is probably the best news of fall camp.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on August 23, 2017, 11:46:06 am

Wait till next year

Tusks

So just looked at the LB depth chart.

Where are these guys, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Giovanni LaFrance, Dee Walker, and Ben Brasuell?

What happened to J. Bell again?

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on August 23, 2017, 05:05:07 pm
So just looked at the LB depth chart.

Where are these guys, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Giovanni LaFrance, Dee Walker, and Ben Brasuell?

What happened to J. Bell again?

Bell out with a broken foot, AJB recovering from a broken foot from spring, LaFrance is and inside ILB, not sure on the other two.

hawginbigd1

The media has been limited in access more than I recall in the seasons past.

PonderinHog

PorkSoda

Hawgphat

Good information - - especially about the Hogs - - is a very valuable commodity.  Unfortunately, not everyone trades in valuable commodities.

I've been "informed" by any number of people whose "information" turned out to be highly suspect - - and which ultimately turned out to be no better than the information gleaned from my own resources.  Given an opportunity to do so, I did not hesitate to inform them of my findings.  I hope this observation is "informative" enough for one and all.  If it isn't - and if  you are so inclined -  feel free to inform me of your displeasure.

tophawg19

Dee Walker has made a big jump . As coaches have said the lights come on for him. Now not only is he fast, he is doing it right too. Morgan the freshmen LB has a chance to be a really good one . A high IQ player . Bijon Jackson is the starter At NT. Kevin Richardson's return has freed up a lot of guys to move around in the secondary. We have some very talented young guys who will be pushing the older players hard by end of the season. Defensive speed will be noticeable as in player speed and overall reaction time
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PonderinHog

ricepig

PonderinHog

CarolinaSwine

I've heard the team has really been bouncing around out there on the practice field with both chinstraps buckled.

Next1_04

Bielema: "We haven't had two guy's at the level of Dre Greenlaw and De'Jon Harris at linebacker since I've been here"

Matt Burks

Quote from: CarolinaSwine on August 24, 2017, 02:38:33 pm
I've heard the team has really been bouncing around out there on the practice field with both chinstraps buckled.
But did they have ladders out there?

azhog10

Quote from: Next1_04 on August 24, 2017, 03:02:56 pm
Bielema: "We haven't had two guy's at the level of Dre Greenlaw and De'Jon Harris at linebacker since I've been here"
Bold, I'd be shocked if they are as good as Speight and Ellis were.

Tusks

Man I hope the defense shows up this year.  If a miracle occurs on that side of the ball it would be awesome to jump from 76 to say 28th in total defense.

Maybe the offense can make a move too and have both sides of the ball get to the top 30, that would mean a lot of wins.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 23, 2017, 08:56:18 pm
More details to follow...
if you could summarize your previous report, that would help.  not all of us want to read a doctoral thesis.

jgphillips3

Quote from: azhog10 on August 24, 2017, 03:07:24 pm
Bold, I'd be shocked if they are as good as Speight and Ellis were.

Spaight and Ellis were the result of some natural talent and a LOT of hard work.  Greenlaw and Scoota are far more naturally gifted athletes.  Their ceiling is therefore higher...if they put in the work and stay healthy.

Ugly Uncle

I miss doing the practice reports.  I'm back in Arkansas now, but on the other side of the state.  I would love to still be there, but duty calls over here.

Just a note:  When I started doing practice reports WAY back when, no one was really doing practice reports.  Then everyone started doing them.

Then coaches stop allowing fans to go to practice.  So I became media...

Then they stopped allowing media to go to practices.

It is getting tougher and tougher for information to get out about what is going on.  CBB is pretty good about letting you know what is going on, but it isn't the same as actually being there and seeing the player development.

It isn't just Arkansas, everyone is shutting out folks now.  I get it...but I think it is bad for CFB overall.  We (the fans) used to gather to watch practices and could really build excitement as we talked about it out there, then come back to the board and talk about it on here.

Times have changed.  You probably won't ever see the access we once used to have.  You also probably won't ever see the grass roots building of excitement that is totally fan driven again because of that.  Now we will be left to hype videos and sound bites.

Still...I'm ready for football!!!
Retired Radio Host

PonderinHog

Seems like the practice reports went the way of the dodo bird about the time Niles Davies broke his ankle and Hogville heard about it before Kniles did...

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)

rljjr

OK, so honestly, no one on here really knows much of anything except hearsay and that may be 3 or 4th hand or worse.  If you will remember, most of what we've heard recently like past 2 years was coach speak and mostly dead wrong.  We KNOW NOTHING.  We are all secretly praying we have a team that won't be so out of shape the line is holding themselves up with their hands on their knees after 3 or 4 plays in a row, the penalties won't be more than the first downs, the QB stays on his feet more than on his back and that isn't because he is running for his life and just happens to be faster than the D-line of FAM, that our D backfield isn't crossing the FAM goaline trailing a FAM receiver who just happens to be carrying the football time after time, the RBs don't need 4 tries to push the ball in and still fail, and any of our second string doesn't have to peer down at the color of their uniform to decide which team on the field they are playing for.

All that said and based entirely on hope, I think we may have our best BB team yet.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 26, 2017, 07:29:24 pm
I miss doing the practice reports.  I'm back in Arkansas now, but on the other side of the state.  I would love to still be there, but duty calls over here.

Just a note:  When I started doing practice reports WAY back when, no one was really doing practice reports.  Then everyone started doing them.

Then coaches stop allowing fans to go to practice.  So I became media...

Then they stopped allowing media to go to practices.

It is getting tougher and tougher for information to get out about what is going on.  CBB is pretty good about letting you know what is going on, but it isn't the same as actually being there and seeing the player development.

It isn't just Arkansas, everyone is shutting out folks now.  I get it...but I think it is bad for CFB overall.  We (the fans) used to gather to watch practices and could really build excitement as we talked about it out there, then come back to the board and talk about it on here.

Times have changed.  You probably won't ever see the access we once used to have.  You also probably won't ever see the grass roots building of excitement that is totally fan driven again because of that.  Now we will be left to hype videos and sound bites.

Still...I'm ready for football!!!

But on the other hand it doesn't raise the fans' expectations to unrealistic levels which is a good thing. Nothing empties stadium seats more when fans expect a 10 win season based on early practice reports but reality hits and they find out they have a  6 or 7 win team.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 28, 2017, 03:32:43 am
But on the other hand it doesn't raise the fans' expectations to unrealistic levels which is a good thing. Nothing empties stadium seats more when fans expect a 10 win season based on early practice reports but reality hits and they find out they have a  6 or 7 win team.

Well, then someone wasn't doing the practice reports correctly.
Retired Radio Host