Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch: Bielema at Little Rock TD Club on Monday

Started by Jason Carroll, August 21, 2017, 06:57:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Arkansas head football coach Bret Bielema met with the media prior to the Little Rock Touchdown Club on Monday.

Among the topics he discussed were injury updates of  Jared Cornelius and T.J. Hammonds. Bielema also talked about his team, the schedule moving forward with the season opener 10 days away.

Coach Bielema talked about Frank Broyles and his family and the loss of the Razorback Legend.

Get his thoughts on those topics and more in this press conference with Bret Bielema.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bret-bielema-updates-team-talks-broyles-and-more-at-lr-td-club/795208396

hobhog

Several things stand out, but one unimportant one got my attention. He said the marching "A" is going to be reversed this year due to construction. How will that work?

Like the mentions of the true freshman. They seem to be turning heads. And sounds like two deep will be announced tomorrow.

And you can tell he wants a good crowd Thursday to get season off to good start.

Jason Carroll

Hob so they will be in the old visitors lockerroom in the southwest corner of the stadium. They will come out there and run through the A in the south part of the stadium.  Hope that answers your question.   The visiting team will now be in the southeast corner of the stadium in a room on that side.

hobhog

Quote from: Jason Carroll on August 21, 2017, 07:44:31 pm
Hob so they will be in the old visitors lockerroom in the southwest corner of the stadium. They will come out there and run through the A in the south part of the stadium.  Hope that answers your question.   The visiting team will now be in the southeast corner of the stadium in a room on that side.

Ahhhhh. Got it. That will be really strange.....

presidenthog

I've gotten used to Bret giving us preseason fluff. I really hope that he means it when he thinks we will have a special year. Hopefully we have some good surprises on defense.

hawgon

Which unit of the team did he declare "a he most talented I've ever been around" yesterday?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: presidenthog on August 22, 2017, 03:42:59 am
I've gotten used to Bret giving us preseason fluff. I really hope that he means it when he thinks we will have a special year. Hopefully we have some good surprises on defense.
Last year would've been a special year if not for the 2 wins we played the 2nd half of the season. Most people forget we started 5-2. We started very strong and fell apart like A&M. One thing I've noticed about Bielemas teams here is they either start strong and fall off at the end (2016) or start poor and gain momentum as the season progresses (2015). I hope this year we are finally able to put it all together
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

rhames

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 22, 2017, 07:37:34 am
Last year would've been a special year if not for the 2 wins we played the 2nd half of the season. Most people forget we started 5-2. We started very strong and fell apart like A&M. One thing I've noticed about Bielemas teams here is they either start strong and fall off at the end (2016) or start poor and gain momentum as the season progresses (2015). I hope this year we are finally able to put it all together

9 wins isn't  a special year. Good year yes. Not special.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 22, 2017, 07:37:34 am
IMO the breakdowns the last two games of the season can only be due to a lack of leadership.  The Missouri team was horrible and we just laid down and gave them the W.  That's a lack of leadership from the coaches.    In the VT game the players came unravelled and nobody got them right on the sideline.  Again, leadership. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

gchamblee

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on August 22, 2017, 08:27:49 am
IMO the breakdowns the last two games of the season can only be due to a lack of leadership.  The Missouri team was horrible and we just laid down and gave them the W.  That's a lack of leadership from the coaches.    In the VT game the players came unravelled and nobody got them right on the sideline.  Again, leadership.

How many points is a homerun worth in football?

Hoggish1

Quote from: rhames on August 22, 2017, 08:16:36 am

9 wins isn't  a special year. Good year yes. Not special.

9 wins would have been steady progress.  The special year will be this one.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 22, 2017, 04:11:27 pm
9 wins would have been steady progress.  The special year will be this one.

The post I was responding to said 9 would be special. I hope this year is special but I would be happy with 9.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.