Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Response to Ole Miss

Started by rhog1, August 10, 2017, 07:04:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 10, 2017, 08:04:59 pm
I usually hate long posts.  That one was great.  Wish it was longer.

Yes, and I read it very slowly to make it last!
Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on August 10, 2017, 11:17:52 pm
So now Miss St starts getting better recruits instead of Ole Miss. And we still finish 23-33 in the recruiting wars and 10th in the SEC. it never fails. One of our key rivals gets nailed and another key rival picks up the slack.

Doubtful.  We will get what we need from the state of Miss.  Mistake should rise but they are still dog stuff.

lasthog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 18, 2017, 04:26:03 pm
I don't think there will be a 2nd year bowl ban. 

I don't think AD Ross Bjork will lose his job.

I do think that that Chris Vaughn, David Saunders, and Barney Farrar will all get show cause orders.  I don't think Hugh Freeze will get a show cause order.

I do think there will be additional scholarship reductions.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Ole Miss with as few as 50-60 scholarship players for a season or two.

I don't think the scholarship reductions extend beyond four years.  My hunch is that they'll last for three.

There are some major things in the case, but there are also a lot of minor things or things in dispute.  When you actually read at the NCAA's entire response, I'm surprised a 4+ year investigation didn't come up with more.  Not that it's not bad enough.