Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Logan Byrd committed to

Started by hogfan71, April 08, 2015, 09:39:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan71

North Carolina per his twitter page

HogFanDan

Don't get it. A whole season, if not two, will be overshadowed by the academic fraud scandal once the fallout peaks. That mess is not over.

razorbacker3

247 is showing him committed to NC. Nice catch hogfan71

Kevin

Quote from: HogFanDan on April 08, 2015, 09:45:15 pm
Don't get it. A whole season, if not two, will be overshadowed by the academic fraud scandal once the fallout peaks. That mess is not over.

Don't get you hopes up on anymore penalties with the academic fraud. The ncaa is going to bury their head in the sand.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

navyhog24

With the medical program being better at UNC and the kid wanting to be a doctor, I can see why he's going there

HogFanDan

Quote from: Kevin on April 09, 2015, 04:57:53 am
Don't get you hopes up on anymore penalties with the academic fraud. The ncaa is going to bury their head in the sand.

They already have with their cringe-worthy response to the lawsuit filed by former students saying they are not responsible for the quality of education the athletes receive.  I really could not think of a response that puts them in a more precarious situation in the future in the handling of academics.

In light of what happened at Syracuse, I expect that they're going to have to respond with an appropriate investigation and sanctions to try to save face after the Penn State, USC, and Miami debacles.  They may also hear from The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, especially after the frightening lengths they went to in destroying that one professor's career.

carolinahogger

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 09, 2015, 06:34:41 am
With the medical program being better at UNC and the kid wanting to be a doctor, I can see why he's going there

UNC is a stronger school and a UNC degree will carry more weight on a medical school application than a UA degree, but I don't think his UNC degree will give him special consideration for admission to The UNC School of Medicine.

jackflash

If this is the school he would be happy for the next four years. This is where he should go.

Sivad

And he "committed" to Virginia Tech in September.

The_Iceman

Quote from: carolinahogger on April 09, 2015, 09:25:00 am
UNC is a stronger school and a UNC degree will carry more weight on a medical school application than a UA degree, but I don't think his UNC degree will give him special consideration for admission to The UNC School of Medicine.

Being a QB for UNC will though.

whosiskid

Don't forget playing time. Anyone with a brain - and Byrd seems like a very bright kid - will realize that playing time is going to be difficult with Storey, Peavey, and Allen already there. He'd sit on the bench or redshirt for at least three years. Heck, I expect that Storey will redshirt, and I think he is an absolutely brilliant prospect. I think Storey has a shot at being one of the best QBs Arkansas has ever had, something that I could say about Peavey as well.

I really think we should shoot for Skylar Thompson. He WANTS to go to Arkansas, he has tremendous potential, especially after a redshirt year where he tries to bulk up, and would be an excellent starting QB for a year or two after Storey leaves. He isn't ranked as high as his camp performances would seem to justify, but he seems like a quality kid who might be a diamond in the rough. Plus he seems to fit the profile for recruits laid out by Bielema, high quality, decent kid.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

carolinahogger