Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 & 2016 Hoops Recruiting

Started by redleg, April 07, 2015, 01:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

I know Jimmy Whitt and Ted Kapita will be Hogs next year as part of the 2015 class. With Babb leaving, will CMA try to find another player to fill that slot for this class?  ???

As for the 2016 class.....I know Malik Monk and Mitchell Smith are the in-state players with offers. Who are some other recruits that Arkansas will have a legit shot at signing for the "16 class?  ???

:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

jry04

Quote from: redleg on April 07, 2015, 01:42:58 pm
I know Jimmy Whitt and Ted Kapita will be Hogs next year as part of the 2015 class. With Babb leaving, will CMA try to find another player to fill that slot for this class?  ???

As for the 2016 class.....I know Malik Monk and Mitchell Smith are the in-state players with offers. Who are some other recruits that Arkansas will have a legit shot at signing for the "16 class?  ???

Macon will likely be a hog in the '16 class.

Hawg Red

Quote from: redleg on April 07, 2015, 01:42:58 pm

Recently extended offers indicate that the staff intends to at least partially fill spots opened up by departures. It's been eluded to in Jump Ball that we could see a roster turnover of 6 players from this past season. Two of those spots are obviously Madden and Harris, and they have been replaced by Jimmy Whitt and Ted Kapita. We know what we currently have a spot open with the departure of Nick Babb. Obviously, we are all waiting to hear whether or not Portis and Qualls will return. That leaves one more rumored possibility of an open spot. My guess is Keaton Miles transferring out as a grad transfer to get more playing time. If we end up having to replace 4 openings, I'm not sure we see the staff do that for this 2015 class. They will add maybe 1-2 to more players to Whitt and Kapita. Personally, I'm not for adding players just for the sake of adding players. I've seen some grad transfers I'd be down for (but not linked to the Hogs) and I'm a Melvin Frazier fan. I'm not too impressed with any of the JUCOs we've been linked to. Hopefully we don't have 4 spots to fill, though.

Quote from: redleg on April 07, 2015, 01:42:58 pmAs for the 2016 class.....I know Malik Monk and Mitchell Smith are the in-state players with offers. Who are some other recruits that Arkansas will have a legit shot at signing for the "16 class?  ???

As mentioned, Parkview's Daryl Macon is a strong contender. JUCO All-American this past season as a freshman. Can really fill it up. Appears to want to be a Hog. As for additional in-state players, Pulaski Academy's Lawson Korita (SG), McClellan's Andre Jones (SG), and Fayetteville's Payton Willis (SG/PG) will figure into the mix, most likely. We're also recruiting stud out-of-state players like De'Ron Davis (PF) and Jaylen Fisher (PG), but I'm not sure our chances are too good. Especially with Davis.

Dominicanhog

Our 2016 recruiting is already done... we are signing

Monk
D. Davis
Ferguson
Macon
M. Smith
J. Fisher

that should get us a top 25 ranking..... ;D

pfrg999

Quote from: Dominicanhog on April 07, 2015, 04:27:19 pm

Monk
D. Davis
Ferguson
Macon
M. Smith
J. Fisher

I like the way you think!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

nwahogfan1

Monk
D. Davis
Ferguson
Macon
M. Smith
J. Fisher

Your and every Hog fans wish list on those signees.  Hope your right.

TomBigBeeHog

Monk
D. Davis
Ferguson
Macon
M. Smith
J. Fisher

That would be the greatest recruiting class in Hog history, basketball or football. I think we get three off of that list. No way Ferguson comes here if Monk does. That's as likely as winning the Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots in the same week. But, as long as we're dreaming, sure would be nice!
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

72756Hog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on April 08, 2015, 10:38:58 am
That would be the greatest recruiting class in Hog history, basketball or football. I think we get three off of that list. No way Ferguson comes here if Monk does. That's as likely as winning the Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots in the same week. But, as long as we're dreaming, sure would be nice!
I agree it's super unlikely but I'm not sure it's an either or, they play such different positions. Monk is more of a 1/2 combo guard and Ferguson is more of a 2/3 wing. It's unlikley we get both just cuz they're both highly recruited but the best players wanna be on teams with other great players (see UK, KU, Zona).
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: 72756Hog on April 08, 2015, 11:11:56 am
I agree it's super unlikely but I'm not sure it's an either or, they play such different positions. Monk is more of a 1/2 combo guard and Ferguson is more of a 2/3 wing. It's unlikley we get both just cuz they're both highly recruited but the best players wanna be on teams with other great players (see UK, KU, Zona).

I like Ferguson a lot. Would love to start pulling high profile players out of that area instead of a project like Babb who I liked but he wasn't expected to come in and contribute right away.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Tusks

I still don't get Babb leaving.  I mean I understand it but don't get it.

Do all these kids think they are 1 and done.  Whats wrong with improving your game in college.....ENJOYING college and then moving on to the pros.  Why is everything about $$.

If you make EVERY decision in life on $, you won't make good decisions.  Some are about $ but not every one.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawg Red

Quote from: tusked on April 08, 2015, 01:57:10 pm

Do all these kids think they are 1 and done.  Whats wrong with improving your game in college.....ENJOYING college and then moving on to the pros.  Why is everything about $$.

If you make EVERY decision in life on $, you won't make good decisions.  Some are about $ but not every one.

I think his decision was about enjoying college...

TomBigBeeHog

ArkansasI

Quote from: tusked on April 08, 2015, 01:57:10 pm

I don't understand the money references.  Otherwise, I totally agree.

I appreciate Nick's frustration, but he is walking away from Fayetteville just as the door is opening to him.  Now, he'll have to sit out a year.

Everyone wants to play, and Nick may have deserved more playing time.  However, sometimes being a freshman kinda sucks.

rzrbk4life

Monk
D. Davis
Ferguson
Macon
M. Smith
J. Fisher

Would be epic
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hawg Red

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on April 08, 2015, 02:05:55 pm
Somewhere else.

Clearly.

But I don't see the need for all the "one-and-done" or $ references.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ArkansasI on April 08, 2015, 02:10:11 pm
I don't understand the money references.  Otherwise, I totally agree.

I appreciate Nick's frustration, but he is walking away from Fayetteville just as the door is opening to him.  Now, he'll have to sit out a year.

Everyone wants to play, and Nick may have deserved more playing time.  However, sometimes being a freshman kinda sucks.

And sometimes you don't agree with the way you're being handle or you just don't sync up with the coaches for whatever reason. There's really no way to know what really happened here. I can see the arguments on both sides, but kids deserve to enjoy their college years, and if he's been turned off by his time in Fayetteville, there's nothing wrong with him seeking another situation.

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on April 08, 2015, 10:38:58 am

Even if we only get three of those guys, I would still consider it a success.