Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every Offensive Lineman, Tight End and Running Back Recruit Should Read This

Started by ImHogginIt, April 05, 2015, 11:05:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 05, 2015, 11:05:06 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-complete-run-game-college-football/
In theory I totally agree. However, with so many kids being entranced with the HUNH offense I won't matter to many of them. It's the current "cool" offense so that's all some of them care about.

Soooie21

Play action qbs...love this offense also...power running game, with a deadly play action passing attack, love it..

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 05, 2015, 11:12:15 pm
In theory I totally agree. However, with so many kids being entranced with the HUNH offense I won't matter to many of them. It's the current "cool" offense so that's all some of them care about.

It will matter to the ones who want to play football for a living... CBB is about to go toe to toe with Bama and with their roster being so deep ours will start to fill up too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 06, 2015, 02:46:13 pm
It will matter to the ones who want to play football for a living... CBB is about to go toe to toe with Bama and with their roster being so deep ours will start to fill up too...
As I said earlier, I totally agree. However, it still amazes me how some of these recruits seem to develop a serious case of "glazed over eyes" every time they get introduced to a "cutsie", gadget-based offense.

tophawg19

for most it's all about the numbers . can i be a 1500 yard , 90 catch WR. CAN i be a 1500 yard rusher? maybe a 4000 yard passer? the HUNH  produces gaudy numbers that grab kids attention because the media eats it up too. When was the last time a hiesman winner had 900 yards rushing or receiving but was a great blocker ? that just isn't what turns on the press .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WaltonCollege

Damn good read, bielema needs to hire the writer of this article as offensive quality control dude really knows his stuff

reddogjcss

FATHAWG08

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 06, 2015, 04:15:51 pm
for most it's all about the numbers . can i be a 1500 yard , 90 catch WR. CAN i be a 1500 yard rusher? maybe a 4000 yard passer? the HUNH  produces gaudy numbers that grab kids attention because the media eats it up too. When was the last time a hiesman winner had 900 yards rushing or receiving but was a great blocker ? that just isn't what turns on the press .
you are right about the gaudy numbers.But a lot of these kids coming out these types of offenses are now being labeled system QB's as well as WR. That to me is a back handed slap in the face.
I love off season Football!!

nwahogfan1

Good read.  I am wondering what Plays will be kept and which ones will be new with our new OC?   

SECisKing

Quote from: WaltonCollege on April 06, 2015, 04:29:45 pm
Damn good read, bielema needs to hire the writer of this article as offensive quality control dude really knows his stuff

I'm up for it, Dub C! Send my resume', this article, to Coach B along with my podcast interview with one of his former TE's, Brian Wozniak,where we broke down the scheme at its core....Thanks for the compliment. Please check out the podcast, Dub.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/razorback-sports-radio/id979905284?mt=8 <---- iTunes Razorback Sports radio app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast/id975078933?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fsecconferencecall.com%2F%3Fp%3D103

Please subscribe and drop a comment like you guys did here with my article, please.

Ball Hawg is for savvy fans who are into the meat & bones of the sport like you guys in this thread...
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin