Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma vs Wichita St

Started by bolo1010, December 16, 2017, 03:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bolo1010

Going at it on espn2.   I think Oklahoma will pull off the upset.  They have the athleticism and scorers to hang with the shockers.  Trae Young already has 16 with 10 mins left in the 1st.  That kid is fun to watch.

Oklahoma is definitely a tournament team and our win against them on a nuetral court is looking better and better .

bolo1010

And Oklahoma state just won at #19 Florida state.  That will boost our SOS even more and give us a chance for another big RPI win.  Damn good scheduling this year by CMA and staff.

Fan701

OU up by 15 at #3 Wichita State at half time.  Trae Young has 21.  We beat OU on a neutral court, and the win is looking better and better so far.

Wisco Pig

More on Young's 1st half:

21 points on 7-12 shooting from the field, 4 of 6 from distance, 3 of 3 free throws;

7 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, no turnovers.

Scary.

Fan701

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 16, 2017, 03:55:06 pm
More on Young's 1st half:

21 points on 7-12 shooting from the field, 4 of 6 from distance, 3 of 3 free throws;

7 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, no turnovers.

Scary.
He's sensational.  He was great against us, too.  It can't be said that we beat OU on a day when Trae Young was off his game.  He had 28 against us.

bolo1010

Just think.. this kid was playing high school basketball last year.  😳.  Beast.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hawgfan4life

Wichita State is good, but if they are top 5, it is s down year in college hoops.

RaisinHog

He still does dumb stuff like a pull up 3 with a defender on you from near half court with 20 on the shot clock

HeathWimp

Would be great for the RPI.  Which already good because of our tough schedule.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HogFansReunited

Oklahoma up by 15, making it look easy on the road.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Birminghog

Don't like rooting for Oklahoma, but this is math.

jchill

Sooners been stick on 80 for far too long.

RaisinHog

Dude ol miss uniforms look so gay

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Birminghog

Turnovers.  >:( So glad we seem to be much better with that this year.

bolo1010

Number 33 for Wichita State looks like a grown father figure out there.

Letsroll1200

razorhead94

OU win looking huge right now.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

lumphog

jimmur74

Well they will be in top 25 now ahead of us. Which is dumb as he11

TheRazorback500

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 16, 2017, 04:53:47 pm
Dude ol miss uniforms look so gay
They didn't play very well, either.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

RaisinHog

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 16, 2017, 05:28:05 pm
Well they will be in top 25 now ahead of us. Which is dumb as he11

Not really we got skull drug by Houston .. and that's not that big of a deal but u want get ranked getting blown out by un ranked mid majors.. when we don't do that we will be ranked.. it's pretty simple

forrest city joe

This OU road win at 3rd ranked WS is big for Arkansas.every big win by the sooners makes that win out in Portland Oregon look better and better.OU is really good. that 2 ranked teams in a row they beat.their only loss is to Arkansas.love it! GO HOGS.

MakingPlays

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 16, 2017, 05:47:13 pm
Not really we got skull drug by Houston .. and that's not that big of a deal but u want get ranked getting blown out by un ranked mid majors.. when we don't do that we will be ranked.. it's pretty simple

The AAC is not really considered a typical mid-major conference in basketball.  They have several big name basketball programs.... UConn, SMU, Memphis, Houston, Wichita State, Cincinnati, etc.  Memphis and Uconn would be considered among top jobs in all of college basketball.  Coaches leave P5 schools to go those schools. 

If we can finish these next 2 weeks out undefeated we'll be ranked to start SEC play.

TexArkHogFan

Kentucky had all they wanted with VA Tech, pulled it out at the end. No. 17, 18 and 19 all lost, if we take care of business tonight we will be bumping at No. 25 with Oklahoma beating Wichita State.  Tenner plays North Carolina tomorrow, if they lose we should be in Top 25.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Fan701

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 16, 2017, 06:23:11 pm
Kentucky had all they wanted with VA Tech, pulled it out at the end. No. 17, 18 and 19 all lost, if we take care of business tonight we will be bumping at No. 25 with Oklahoma beating Wichita State.  Tenner plays North Carolina tomorrow, if they lose we should be in Top 25.
Could be right, but I sure hope Tennessee wins tomorrow, and then we beat Tennessee.  That will be sort of like vicariously beating North Carolina.

3kgthog

I don't think the voters are going to care that we beat OU. The Hemorrhage in Houston is what they know us for right now.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 16, 2017, 06:57:38 pm
I don't think the voters are going to care that we beat OU. The Hemorrhage in Houston is what they know us for right now.

Actually they think of us as the team that beat the crap out of Minnesota and wonder if Minnesota is good or not.

But you are used to being wrong

BannerMountainMan

that's what you want to think because you are against CMA
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawgmasta

I think voters thought of that for the last week or two but every win makes it further away in their mind. It's looking like an anomaly now.

TexArkHogFan

Every team has at least one bad game some more than one.  Florida just lost their fourth game out of the last five.  When we played Houston it was a perfect storm but in the long run it may serve us well.  It let the team know they can't take the night off.  They have to bring it every game.  Too much parity in college basketball and proves that on any given night, anybody can beat anybody.  We will be ranked this week with four teams losing out of the bottom 8 in the Top 25  and possibly another if Tenner loses to NC tomorrow.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

RaisinHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 16, 2017, 07:37:12 pm
that's what you want to think because you are against CMA

I love cma .. and I agree with the before quoted it's not a bad loss .. but when u get bad as bad as we did it stings a while .. we really laid an egg in that one and it's gona take some big wins too make it go away

Adam Stokes

Of our 15 games on the schedule:

SEC was expected to go 5.5-2.5 . Went 4-4, ouch...

Non-Con expected to go 2.7-4.3 went 5-2. Nice!

I'd rather the SEC preform better than our non-con if I had to choose, but tonight was basically a wash compared to expectations.

hobhog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 16, 2017, 09:27:59 pm
Of our 15 games on the schedule:

SEC was expected to go 5.5-2.5 . Went 4-4, ouch...

Non-Con expected to go 2.7-4.3 went 5-2. Nice!

I'd rather the SEC preform better than our non-con if I had to choose, but tonight was basically a wash compared to expectations.

Huh?

rtr

Quote from: hawgfan4life on December 16, 2017, 04:12:24 pm
Wichita State is good, but if they are top 5, it is s down year in college hoops.
A great time to make a move.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ShadowHawg

Literally no one that votes in the national polls gives crap one about our loss to Houston. Barely anyone watched it.

The Carolina game was on a national stage and highlights shown again and again. That one could still be hurting us, but Houston, the only people focusing on that are Hogville haters.

masbas3

Why are you guys so worried about whether or not we're ranked right now?  It will serve this team better if they are not because they need the extra motivation, chip on their shoulder to feel as though they are being overlooked.