Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Cheney at Georgia

Started by Purple_Cow, November 22, 2017, 09:57:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple_Cow

Why not this guy? He's been around the league, turned us around, and had the dawgs in the hunt. He's earned a head coaching opportunity, plus he'd bring Pittman back. I think he's be a slam dunk

hawgdavis

Happy being a coordinator and probably would not come back here.

Captain Morgan

He can stay with his girlfriend Samantha Pittman

WalHog2018

Another insane idea. He can take his toss play into the boundary with him.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Starting a thread like this should be a TOS violation and subject the IP address to permanent bant status.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The NewEra

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 22, 2017, 11:34:12 am
Starting a thread like this should be a TOS violation and subject the IP address to permanent bant status.

Wildhog

Chaney was atrocious here.  A lot of UGA fans already want him gone.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Potosihog

WalHog2018

gmarv

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

MustainMan15

I think Chaney could could be very innovative if Kirby will pull the reigns off of the man and let him run his offense in the creative fashion he knows how to do.

grayhawg

Quote from: MustainMan15 on November 22, 2017, 12:09:45 pm
I think Chaney could could be very innovative if Kirby will pull the reigns off of the man and let him run his offense in the creative fashion he knows how to do.
Yeah he did so well here an all.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Purple_Cow on November 22, 2017, 09:57:59 am
Why not this guy? He's been around the league, turned us around, and had the dawgs in the hunt. He's earned a head coaching opportunity, plus he'd bring Pittman back. I think he's be a slam dunk

Cheney would be OK for he first two drives on the game but then we'd need another coach to take over once he exhausted his playbook.

At least that's my recollection on his time here.  Excellent on the 1st drive of the game and sometime on the 2nd or 3rd drive but as soon as the DC's adapted to his style he struggled for the rest of the game.

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

grayhawg

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 22, 2017, 01:07:10 pm
Did he even recruit here?
No but Skipper followed him from when Chaney was a coach for Tenner

Swinefeld

Razorback_Mack

WalHog2018

Dawgs cant even beat Auburn. Good luck with Alabama.

MustainMan15

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 22, 2017, 03:47:03 pm

They could surprise some people. I'll be pulling for them. It took awhile but I'm over the 2002 SECCG debacle.

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

clutch

Eventually that has to quit being the excuse everywhere he goes. OC must be the greatest gig in the world. If the offense is clicking, it's all you. If it struggles, the HC was holding you back.

imtad16

My favorite thing about the OP is he "turned us around." I'm not familiar with that part of the story. Do tell.

Jim Harris

best laugh of the day.

Why not Pittman as head coach and he brings in Chaney?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hawgdavis

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 22, 2017, 03:47:03 pm

That was one of those games where Auburn would have beat the Cleveland Browns. Nobody was going to beat them that day. We have had perfect storms like that before. Texas in the cotton bowl in what 98 or so. Every now and then a can gets opened up I still like Georgia to get it done.

jackflash

edt

I really hope you are trolling. If not, you shouldn't be let out in public without a keeper.

deedster84

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 22, 2017, 04:52:51 pm
best laugh of the day.

Why not Pittman as head coach and he brings in Chaney?

That was my thought. I'd take Pittman over Chaney.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 22, 2017, 01:00:09 pm
Cheney would be OK for he first two drives on the game but then we'd need another coach to take over once he exhausted his playbook.

At least that's my recollection on his time here.  Excellent on the 1st drive of the game and sometime on the 2nd or 3rd drive but as soon as the DC's adapted to his style he struggled for the rest of the game.

No, no, you forgot...it takes three years to fully install his offense. He's only in his second year at Georgia so he barely has 2/3 of his offense installed. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

clutch

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2017, 06:15:31 am
No, no, you forgot...it takes three years to fully install his offense. He's only in his second year at Georgia so he barely has 2/3 of his offense installed. ;)

I always liked that one as well. If you are an OC that has an offense that took 3 years to grasp, wouldn't that make you a bad OC? Basically, nobody could play until they were a SR because they wouldn't know the full offense. I always got a kick out of that one.

NotSoFastMyFriend

A million times this.

RideTillIDieHawg

Obvious troll.

East Clintwood

Quote from: clutch on November 22, 2017, 04:34:36 pm
Eventually that has to quit being the excuse everywhere he goes. OC must be the greatest gig in the world. ]/b]If the offense is clicking, it's all you. If it struggles, the HC was holding you back.

No,  OC would be second best. 

Weatherperson is still the best gig.  Nobody expects you to get it right and there's shorter hours and no real work involved.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Danimal

Far too high a risk if elevators are involved. Would make it too easy for "certain" opposing coaches to cheat...

clutch

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 23, 2017, 01:41:43 pm

No,  OC would be second best. 

Weatherperson is still the best gig.  Nobody expects you to get it right and there's shorter hours and no real work involved.

Good point. 2nd best job in the world it is.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 22, 2017, 10:03:36 am
He can stay with his girlfriend Samantha Pittman

This. All my GA buddies are asking me if we'll take him back, especially after their blowout game with the cheaters.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!