Started by The_Iceman, March 31, 2014, 10:47:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

Well we won't hear from Missouri anymore lol

Nipsey Mussle

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 02, 2014, 09:07:13 pm
They gone

That happened when they hired Haith.  We just had to endure 3 years of ignorant comments, misguided criticism of Mike Anderson, and abject denial before the reality finally hit. 

rzrbackramsfan

Anderson was like a quick flash of purity for Mizzou.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/mizzou-basketball-player-price-arrested-twice-for-assault/article_34700eff-c72b-55f7-8274-97230854ee60.html

Mizzou's awesome 6'10" transfer from Louisville, price, got arrested twice in one day..MU's like a big trailer park. 

Price, a 6-foot-10 transfer from Louisville, intentionally rammed his vehicle into the vehicle of two unnamed victims Wednesday afternoon, according to Columbia Police. The two victims, a 23-year-old male and 23-year-old female, filed a report with Columbia Police Wednesday

Early Thursday morning officers were dispatched to the area of Heather Lane and Ash Street for a disturbance call, where Price was involved in a fight with the same male and female. Price and the male victim, his roommate, had been in an ongoing dispute.

Price, 20, followed the male and female in his vehicle to Stadium Boulevard where he blocked the male's vehicle with his own to prevent him from leaving the area. Price exited his vehicle and punched the male in the face. The female tried to intervene and Price pushed her to the ground. Both alleged victims received minor injuries. Price was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault and third-degree domestic assault with bonds set at $1,000 and $500 and was released after posting bail.

Haith later announced that he suspended Price from the team.

"Very disappointed in his actions," Haith said Thursday. "We're still gathering information. Been up all night and we're still working toward finding out what all went wrong. I can tell you that we're not really happy. We'll discipline accordingly."

"It's not the Mizzou way," Haith continued. "It's not how Frank Hiath from a leadership standpoint wants our program to be portrayed. As the leader of this program, I take full responsibility. We've got to fix it."

Later on Thursday, the investigating officer in the first incident was unable to follow up on the case, so another officer was assigned to the case and arrested Price at his apartment on suspicion of second-degree assault and second-degree domestic assault stemming from the first incident.

A spokesman from the Boone County Jail said Price was brought in just after 3 p.m. on the second round of assault allegations. Bond was set at $4,500 for each count. He was released at 7:30.

Third-degree assault is considered a Class A or C misdemeanor, while second-degree assault is a Class C felony.

Price transferred to Mizzou from Louisville last summer and was expected to be part of the rotation in the frontcourt in 2014-15 after sitting out last season per NCAA transfer rules.The Cleveland native started seven games during Louisville's 2012-13 national championship season and averaged 1.0 point and 1.3 rebounds for the year.

Price is the third Missouri player arrested in three weeks. Freshman guards Wes Clark and Shane Rector were arrested in Columbia March 15 for marijuana possession. Both were suspended for MU's first game in the National Invitation Tournament, though Rector was reinstated for the second-round game.

Late in the season, Haith kicked senior forward Tony Criswell off the team shortly after the Boone County Court Associate Circuit Division ruled he owed more than $2,700 in unpaid rent.

Sharky

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 03, 2014, 09:18:02 pm
Anderson was like a quick flash of purity for Mizzou.

That's just not true. After Anderson's first year, there was a huge shots fired incident at Mizzou. DeMarree Carrol was shot in the foot at a nightclub and several players were suspended/released from the team. And CMA Jr. (player) had a DWI arrest. Plus Michael Dixon was accused of rape, which was somehow swept under the rug until after Anderson left. And Anderson Junior has DWIs while on staff at Arkansas, though so far things seem to be going well here from a disciplinary standpoint.

http://archive.columbiatribune.com/2008/feb/20080207News002.asp

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_c2f9ab8c-95bc-5d6e-aae5-016aa58dbab3.html#.ULfmzLJGWFg.twitter

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Sharky on April 03, 2014, 10:43:25 pm
That's just not true. After Anderson's first year, there was a huge shots fired incident at Mizzou. DeMarree Carrol was shot in the foot at a nightclub and several players were suspended/released from the team. And CMA Jr. (player) had a DWI arrest. Plus Michael Dixon was accused of rape, which was somehow swept under the rug until after Anderson left. And Anderson Junior has DWIs while on staff at Arkansas, though so far things seem to be going well here from a disciplinary standpoint.

http://archive.columbiatribune.com/2008/feb/20080207News002.asp

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_c2f9ab8c-95bc-5d6e-aae5-016aa58dbab3.html#.ULfmzLJGWFg.twitter

In Anderson's first year and nothing else until Anderson leaves.  It's not Demarees fault he got shot in the foot. 

Sharky

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 03, 2014, 11:07:51 pm
In Anderson's first year and nothing else until Anderson leaves.  It's not Demarees fault he got shot in the foot.

Just saying it wasn't all purity under Anderson. And Dixon's first alleged rape was in 2010. Read the article. The victim was an athletic dept staffer who ended up meeting with Anderson. Seems shady. Anyway, that stuff is all too common in college sports. Dumb to pretend that Anderson automatically erases potential player issues.

dhornjr1

Quote from: mizzouman on April 02, 2014, 05:54:54 pm
Clarkson is gone. Brown still leaving the door open.

Both found out midway through the season that their fathers have cancer. Sad situation. Have to do what's best for their families.

Hate to hear that. I just lost my 36 year old cousin to cancer and my stepdad and one of my oldest friends are both battling colon cancer.

Hoping for the best for these young men and their fathers.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Sharky on April 03, 2014, 11:52:47 pm
Just saying it wasn't all purity under Anderson. And Dixon's first alleged rape was in 2010. Read the article. The victim was an athletic dept staffer who ended up meeting with Anderson. Seems shady. Anyway, that stuff is all too common in college sports. Dumb to pretend that Anderson automatically erases potential player issues.

How about this then.  The team was most behaved under Anderson then Quinn and Haith.  Anderson punished Dixon. 

Sharky

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 04, 2014, 12:34:55 am
How about this then.  The team was most behaved under Anderson then Quinn and Haith.  Anderson punished Dixon.

I didn't know Stefhon Hannah incident and Demarre Carroll incidents were separate, so even if 20-year-old Carroll had nothing to do with getting himself shot outside of a bar at 1:30 a.m., there's still a 3 other significant MU incidents under Anderson (Hannah, son's DWI, plus Dixon). As far as I know, Price is the first major incident under Haith's tenure.

How about, Mizzou basketball has had consistent behavior problems regardless of who is coach.

waphill

Quote from: Sharky on April 04, 2014, 01:54:04 am
As far as I know, Price is the first major incident under Haith's tenure.

Just a couple posts up from yours:

Late in the season, Haith kicked senior forward Tony Criswell off the team shortly after the Boone County Court Associate Circuit Division ruled he owed more than $2,700 in unpaid rent

Sharky

Quote from: waphill on April 04, 2014, 06:31:53 am

Late in the season, Haith kicked senior forward Tony Criswell off the team shortly after the Boone County Court Associate Circuit Division ruled he owed more than $2,700 in unpaid rent

Thanks. Good catch. Wow. Downward spiral. Not surprised.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: waphill on April 04, 2014, 06:31:53 am

why would they kick him off of the team because his rent wasn't paid? What's next? Getting suspended because your credit score dIpped Under 600?

jry04

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 04, 2014, 10:38:18 am
why would they kick him off of the team because his rent wasn't paid? What's next? Getting suspended because your credit score dIpped Under 600?
You serious? First off it is a distraction that the team does not need. It is safe to say Criswell will have more important matters to tend to with his unpaid debt than basketball. Secondly, you represent the university with your actions, and being $2,700 behind when you get a stipend shows you do not make very good decisions. We do not know what other things were going on behind the scenes with him, either. He may have been in trouble to begin with.

Assuming he lived with a roommate at a reasonably priced house/apartment, his portion of the rent is probably no more than 400-500. That means he is likely 5+ months behind in rent. You do not think that is a big deal when the school is giving you money specifically to live on? I am guessing you are one of the people who felt like Petrino shouldn't be fired because he is paid to coach football?

Sawyer

$2,700 in back rent due = $2,700 in misused scholarship money. His dad claims he was sending it to his mom to help back at home.

Price is an idiot. I expect him to be gone.

Dixon had another rape issue a year ago. A couple guards this March were arrested on a marijuana charge. Otherwise, there haven't been any off-court problems.

Compared to Anderson's first few years at Mizzou:
1. Player getting shot (while breaking up a fight involving teammates, allegedly)
2. Player arrested for domestic abuse (punched his girlfriend)
3. Player arrested for hitting a guy with a shotgun
4. Player gets jaw broken in a fight at a nightclub; four players suspended from the incident
5. DWI for Anderson, Jr.
6. First Dixon rape (punished with a couple game suspension)
And I feel like I'm leaving out a couple

Moral of the story: Don't recruit a-holes. They'll do a-hole things and make you look bad.

Sawyer

As for next year... Arkansas lost BJ Young and Marshawn Powell, and the team got better. I'd think Arkansas fans would know that losing one-dimensional (talented, but one-dimensional) scorers and replacing them with more well-rounded players can sometimes be a good thing.

I don't expect MU to be good. Hell, I'm ready to move on from Haith now. But we'll still probably be competitive, which will be good enough for enough people that Haith will get yet another chance.

And he'll probably sweep Arkansas again.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Sawyer on April 06, 2014, 12:47:44 am
As for next year... Arkansas lost BJ Young and Marshawn Powell, and the team got better. I'd think Arkansas fans would know that losing one-dimensional (talented, but one-dimensional) scorers and replacing them with more well-rounded players can sometimes be a good thing.

I don't expect MU to be good. Hell, I'm ready to move on from Haith now. But we'll still probably be competitive, which will be good enough for enough people that Haith will get yet another chance.

Never seen anyone so cocky off 2 wins by a combined 5 points. Yeah, "probably."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 06, 2014, 03:24:25 am
Never seen anyone so cocky off 2 wins by a combined 5 points. Yeah, "probably."
Agreed, but it's all they really have to hang their hats on from this season. Just like if anyone brags about us beating UK twice, in the end they're in the title game and we aren't.

HAM ELLIOT

Hiring Haithe was great..  They will be irrevelant (moreso than normal) the longer he is there.  They will win a few games they shouldnt, but they will lose more than they win.  Thank you Missouri for taking one for all the other teams.  I think they should change their name to something like the Missouri Shortsquatters....   Or Raging Midgets...   Something cool like that.

870hogfan

Quote from: Sawyer on April 06, 2014, 12:47:44 am

I have a feeling Mike will get the last laugh against Missouri starting next year. I hope he presses when he is up by 30...

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 01:23:11 pm
Jordan Mickey, Johnny O'Bryant III, Jarnell Stokes, Chris Walker, and Jabari Brown are the next names to look for in the SEC as early entrants. All of have received buzz as possible candidates. All save for Mickey figure to be 2nd round picks.

Big news for Florida as Chris Walker says he's coming back. There was some thought he'd take his chances in the draft on potential. Nice, young nucleus for them with Walker/Finney-Smith/Hill/Frazier II, but I'm not sure they can pull out a 5th straight Elite 8 appearance. SEC might be wide open next season.

nextlevel

Quote from: Sharky on April 03, 2014, 11:52:47 pm

If you followed Mizzou closely, you would know that during the meeting Anderson urged her to pursue the matter through the proper legal channels, something she ended up refusing to do.

It wasn't swept under the rug, there was no legal matters taken towards the accusation.

After the second incident, Dixon was welcomed home to Memphis with open arms...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hawg Red

As expected, Jarnell Stokes will announce tomorrow that he is entering the NBA draft.

The SEC's gonna be down next season. UT loses the bulk of their top players, as does Florida (probably still a tournament team), Kentucky won't have the talent it did this season (probably still a tournament team), and Missouri is looking pretty sad. All this shapes up great for the Hogs as all of our most talented players return (as of now) and several areas of need were addressed through recruiting. We have an excellent shot to win the wide-open SEC next season.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2014, 10:23:50 pm
As expected, Jarnell Stokes will announce tomorrow that he is entering the NBA draft.

The SEC's gonna be down next season. UT loses the bulk of their top players, as does Florida (probably still a tournament team), Kentucky won't have the talent it did this season (probably still a tournament team), and Missouri is looking pretty sad. All this shapes up great for the Hogs as all of our most talented players return (as of now) and several areas of need were addressed through recruiting. We have an excellent shot to win the wide-open SEC next season.

Yep,  All I need to hear is Qualls is coming back.

But, from the looks of it we seem to be bringing everyone back.  I believe if Williams or Qualls either was thinking of leaving/declaring it would have been some leaks by now.  But, it's been very quite the last couple of weeks, and that's a good sign.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2014, 10:23:50 pm

I figured Stokes would stay another year.

We're in very good shape for a nice conference run next season.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

No excuse now not to be a Top 3 SEC team next year. Mike needs to get it done. If he doesn't, he will have lost my support.

WayneHawg

Quote from: rude1 on March 31, 2014, 12:23:52 pm
You just wonder how long Haith can keep the ship afloat the way he is going at it? You can't keep trying to reload with transfers. Looks like he is heading for his third season of regression with that program.
I think no one has givin MA any of the credit for having a good amount of talent at Mizz when Haith came there, we are beginning to see what MA can do for a proram,and i believe its just about time we can say MA has turned Arkansas into a respected team again.WPS