Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For a good laugh

Started by niels_boar, March 19, 2017, 11:41:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

On the front page of ESPN's college basketball page here is their caption to the video of the Berry, uh, drive:

QuoteMeeks' tip-in helps UNC survive Arkansas' upset bid.Joel Berry's heave is off the mark but Kennedy Meeks cleans up the miss just before the shot clock expires.

A more complete description would have been:

Berry drives, picks up dribble, stumbles, runs over stationary defender, collects himself after a couple of hops, and then assaults backboard knowing that he has run afoul of half the rulebook.  Alert Meeks gets the tip-in while other players watch medics Heimlich officiating crew in order to retrieve their whistles.

The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Rawker

Quote from: niels_boar on March 19, 2017, 11:41:33 pm
On the front page of ESPN's college basketball page here is their caption to the video of the Berry, uh, drive:

A more complete description would have been:

Berry drives, picks up dribble, stumbles, runs over stationary defender, collects himself after a couple of hops, and then assaults backboard knowing that he has run afoul of half the rulebook.  Alert Meeks gets the tip-in while other players watch medics Heimlich officiating crew in order to retrieve their whistles.

I saw that headline and had to remind myself that I own the monitor that I was about to smash into oblivion.  If ESPN or those refs owned my monitor....I'd still be smashing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8