Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now do you believe 2

Started by Letsroll1200, March 19, 2017, 07:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

After a long season of some highs and some lows, this season has proven that Mike is the man to lead the Razorbacks. At the end of the day this was a good season!! So close but still so far to go!! It's been a fun year Hogville. Just keep watching

PharmacistHog

Good season. Congrats to Mike and the hawgs.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Danny J

We were so close...my heart was beating out of my chest

apcapri

Good season and trending up as a program. Can't complain about that. WPS!

PORKULATOR

We were helped out of 4 wins this year. Great job CMA

I'm friends w/his neighbor, she sees him daily.... Anything y'all want said?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Danny J on March 19, 2017, 07:42:16 pm
We were so close...my heart was beating out of my chest

Intense game.

HawgnCorona

Some of us have always believed. ..those of you that don't. To you good riddance.  You aren't wanted here....go find another team to root for....
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Knot2brite

I believe that he got THIS team to realize their potential and play to their abilities...next year will be the year we see if he is the coach that you and others think that he is with the loss of our only true low post player. I hope he does prove to be the one to lead us...I said that he had to get to the tourney to keep his job and he did ...he gets a couple year pass from mento see how he does with the uber recruits...if it takes three more years to get to the dance...then we have a problem...I really hope he does well
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HawgnCorona

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 19, 2017, 07:45:31 pm

U mean  f' d out of them?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

We needed to continue to pressure them hard and get our foot on their neck.  We just didn't do that.  So close. 

They had more talent, really good coaching, grew up against better competition so should have been better.  About all we had was effort.  Effort, even without great talent, can and nearly was a difference maker.  I am proud of the effort.  We looked like the untrained, go to pieces team we were thought to b for a period of time early on, but we righted the ship and played above our abilities for well over half the game.  Not a bad season overall and though we lost, ending the season like we did will be talked about by many for weeks to come. 

songofthesword

they really weren't that mucch talented. by stars or mc donalds all americans maybe. i wouldn't take berry over macon or barford. kingsley is better than meeks. . Justin Jackcson and that 7 foot center are the only legit NBA type guys on that team

Pig Worshipper

Mike needs to get the Allen's and Monk's in Razorback uniforms. If he does that and gets them to play with the heart our overmanned team played with today, no doubt, he'll be the right man for the job.

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on March 19, 2017, 07:58:02 pm
Mike needs to get the Allen's and Monk's in Razorback uniforms. If he does that and gets them to play with the heart our overmanned team played with today, no doubt, he'll be the right man for the job.

This. Big time.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: songofthesword on March 19, 2017, 07:55:42 pm
they really weren't that mucch talented. by stars or mc donalds all americans maybe. i wouldn't take berry over macon or barford. kingsley is better than meeks. . Justin Jackcson and that 7 foot center are the only legit NBA type guys on that team

They have 2-3 guys that will play in the NBA and we have maybe one. Kingsley was special on defense but couldn't finish enough around the basket.

Razorod

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 19, 2017, 07:45:31 pm

Tell him great job and keep recruiting!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

songofthesword

north carolina really doesn't put a lot of players in the league roy doesn't go after nba types. that team that beat us 2 years ago didn't have one NBA player on it. wait one, brcye johnson

that centeer bradley is going to play in the NBA. that's really it. justin jackson is a really good college player but not an NBA player.

hawgdavis

We need a couple of big bodied bigs that can bang and block out. The teams that are ding we'll have these kind of players inside. Big O, Darnell Robinson, Corliss Williams types.

jbhogfan4

I was as down as anyone after that tough stretch of games in February. As it stands today, I can't be more proud of how this team came together this year under Mike's leadership. We've got the right man in charge with Mike. I am confident in that.

hawgdavis

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on March 19, 2017, 08:07:14 pm
I was as down as anyone after that tough stretch of games in February. As it stands today, I can't be more proud of how this team came together this year under Mike's leadership. We've got the right man in charge with Mike. I am confident in that.

This

Letsroll1200

Quote from: songofthesword on March 19, 2017, 08:05:01 pm
north carolina really doesn't put a lot of players in the league roy doesn't go after nba types. that team that beat us 2 years ago didn't have one NBA player on it. wait one, brcye johnson

that centeer bradley is going to play in the NBA. that's really it. justin jackson is a really good college player but not an NBA player.

Jackson will play in the NBA

East TN HAWG

sickboy

Mike's a good coach. I already knew he was a good coach, but I think he's better than even I gave him credit for. Hope he can get the talent he needs to make a deep run and keep things at this level. I think he can do it.

Hollywood870

Ready for next season. Hope we add another good recruit. Look forward to seeing Bailey out front on the press.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 08:21:03 pm
Until we can run a halfcourt set to get a shot under pressure? I'm not sold.

I'm not sure we've been able to do that -- consistently -- since 1983. It's a key component of winning close games.

Of course, if we can run opponents into the ground, who wants a close game?

But we often seem to need just 4-6 more points in 3-4 minutes.

It's concerning.

The game plan was on point. We struggled in the halfcourt due to the length of Carolina. No issue with the game plan at all.

Would you say the same thing about Greg Marshall today?

la20688

I'm not sure we've been able to do that -- consistently -- since 1983. It's a key component of winning close games.

It's concerning.
They won a lot of close game this year....if I remember correctly. It's just that the losses stand out more.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I'm sold. Mike is the man.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 19, 2017, 07:41:02 pm
After a long season of some highs and some lows, this season has proven that Mike is the man to lead the Razorbacks. At the end of the day this was a good season!! So close but still so far to go!! It's been a fun year Hogville. Just keep watching
Proud of the Hogs for not giving up. Have to shore up those slow starts but not much to complain about after going 26-10 and having a 5 point lead with 3:00 minutes to go on a #1 seed with a chance to go to the sweet 16. Great come back, tough loss. Bounce back and be more consistent next year and the sky's the limit. BTW 1/5 pick and roll with Macon and Kingsley would have killed them down the stretch. It was working all night but ole well. Maybe next time against North Carolina of course. lol... :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BigE_23

I was in the fire Mike camp earlier in the season. After the run to end the season, I was back on the fence. After tonight, I'm ready to admit that I was wrong - Mike is the right man for the job.

For Arkansas to be successful, we need a man who can capitalize on the "us versus the world" mentality. Mike learned that from Nolan and this team bought in down the stretch.

In 1993, we lost to UNC and knew we were on the verge of something special. I felt that way tonight.

Congrats to coach Anderson. I'm glad he's our coach.

Youngsta71701

Being honest I was pleasantly surprised with played them that close. I'm telling you guys the SEC is so much better in basketball than they have been compared to other power 5 and power basketball conferences. I think we've all seen and realize that now. Of course you'll still have your naysayers and people that just want to be negative but it is what it is. The SEC is much better that people though or realized. They are even better than I have realized after watching the tournament so far.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

WorfHog

I don't think it matters how much we believe. The fix is in from the beginning.  The Ncaa is just mad they had to show their hand. The only stat that can't be controlled is free throws are you can see exactly where the game was handed to them.  :puke:

incHOGnito

It's concerning.

We had an excellent record in games decided by 5 points or less this season. We didn't look great at the end against a 1 seed, but that three minute stretch shouldn't cause us to forget exactly how clutch this team was in close games this season.