Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On a neutral court we played toe to toe

Started by Danny J, March 19, 2017, 07:23:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

Technically not neutral but still...we are not that far away. So proud of this team.

sickboy

We are literally right there as a program. If we can keep this momentum going next season... we're going to be yearly tourney attenders come the next few years.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BigSexyHog

Never happy with a loss.  But damn they gave it all they had.  UNC is talented but we scared them...  Nice job by CMA and the hogs...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hawg Red

You know it's coming, but it isn't easier to take getting screwed by the officials like that. We ran out of gas at the end but that was because we were playing 5-on-8, clearly. We had guys that seemed like they played the entire game and guys that only came out because their bodies cramped up.....and #1 seed UNC still needed completely one-sided officiating to beat us.

We legitimately could have gone to the Final Four had we made it to Memphis, but they just didn't want us to. 4 fouls on UNC in the 2nd half? No enough evidence that the ball was tipped on Macon's shot? Play-on on the Berry collision? Get out of here. Disgusting. But we knew it would happen.

jesterzzn

You gotta get it when you have the chance to get it, and tomorrow is never a given.

I feel like I did after we got jobbed at Florida in 2009.  The same angry helpless feeling.

WorfHog

UNC is a joke and Roy Williams is a protected washed up hack who doesn't earnshit. NCAA is rigged.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 19, 2017, 07:29:48 pm
You gotta get it when you have the chance to get it, and tomorrow is never a given.

I feel like I did after we got jobbed at Florida in 2009.  The same angry helpless feeling.
So winning 10 games the next 2 years didn't help that feeling at all?
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

jesterzzn

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on March 19, 2017, 07:33:14 pm
So winning 10 games the next 2 years didn't help that feeling at all?

Not really.  It didn't impact my enjoyment of those years, but why would winning in later years make me feel better about getting screwed by the refs?