Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emmitt Gooden Decommitted?

Started by Pinto, October 12, 2017, 02:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinto

He just tweeted 'Decommitted' and changed his avi. Wow!

The_Iceman

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Pinto on October 12, 2017, 02:37:35 pm
Thanks for information RD

Sorry was I was going modify and screwed up and deleted. It's still fluid.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Boot_stops_here

Well, this stinks but it happens with a lame duck coach...

jacobp

Danny West just tweeted Gooden is still committed. He left his twitter logged on and someone else tweeted "decommitted"

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: jacobp on October 12, 2017, 03:52:10 pm
Danny West just tweeted Gooden is still committed. He left his twitter logged on and someone else tweeted "decommitted"

uh huh....

Wildhog

Danny West just tweeted Gooden is still committed. He left his twitter logged on and someone else tweeted “decommitted”

I'll believe that when me s*** turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2017, 04:03:56 pm
I'll believe that when me s*** turns purple, and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Well, that's the story he told to Danny, who knows? You've got a kid, feed her some of that birthday cake with purple icing, the color will change, although I doubt it smells like sherbet.

Dwight_K_Shrute

It was tweeted 2 or more hours ago and the tweet is still up.  If someone had hacked my account I'd be logging on and deleting any BS they may have tweeted so it doesn't piss off my future coaches.

Bubba's Bruisers

Danny West just tweeted Gooden is still committed. He left his twitter logged on and someone else tweeted “decommitted”

Well if Danny said it....
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jacobp

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 04:15:39 pm
It was tweeted 2 or more hours ago and the tweet is still up.  If someone had hacked my account I'd be logging on and deleting any BS they may have tweeted so it doesn't piss off my future coaches.
It's been deleted for awhile

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: jacobp on October 12, 2017, 04:46:26 pm
It's been deleted for awhile

Oh really?  Then I guess if you click on this link it will give you an error or say the tweet has been deleted. 

https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5/status/918559081677447173

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Athog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 02:48:25 pm
And so it begins

It is like a wounded duck and the negative recruiting starts.

Seebs

It is simple guys. We salvage what we can from the class and hope the new guy has some talent that will follow him in.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pig in the Pokey

he got pranked by his boy. You guys are so damn timid it's an embarrassment.

Lemme guess, it is b/c he's a ou commit now b/c we got our ass kicked last week by a bum team. Oh, wait, that WAS ou. nm.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jjdlc

You guys do realize he is actually still committed right?

I swear some of you won't be happy unless he really does de-committ.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on October 13, 2017, 08:01:53 am

right? the self hate around here is unbelievable.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 13, 2017, 07:49:57 am
he got pranked by his boy. You guys are so damn timid it's an embarrassment.

Lemme guess, it is b/c he's a ou commit now b/c we got our ass kicked last week by a bum team. Oh, wait, that WAS ou. nm.

I'd be shocked if he signs with us.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 12, 2017, 02:33:45 pm
Bret Bielema.
If a player committed to a particular coach or coaching staff and now it's looking like that staff may be gone, you can't be surprised when players de-commit.  You can't have it both ways.  Call for the coach to be fired and then blame the coach when recruits de-commit.

mhuff

Quote from: jjdlc on October 13, 2017, 08:01:53 am

Trolls plan attacks like this to put false ideas in recruit's heads.

Pork Ranger

Well just because a recruit says or doesn't say anything at all - they are all shaky in their commitment right now and in wait and see mode.

Sure, some commit to the school but they are obviously very concerned about what will happen with the coach they committed too and eager to see who's next should he be removed.

mhuff

Well, while that may be true. A true fan will keep his or her mouth shut to not stir the pot perhaps needlessly. Regardless, it does not help your home school to come on talk boards and vent your frustrations that encourage our commits to start looking elsewhere. Otherwise you care more about yourself than you do about the repercussions of running ones mouth. I would say after the fact would be a better time to discuss negative things.

pigsareflying

Quote from: mhuff on October 13, 2017, 10:47:20 am
Well, while that may be true. A true fan will keep his or her mouth shut to not stir the pot perhaps needlessly. Regardless, it does not help your home school to come on talk boards and vent your frustrations that encourage our commits to start looking elsewhere. Otherwise you care more about yourself than you do about the repercussions of running ones mouth. I would say after the fact would be a better time to discuss negative things.

Seebs

The naivety of some of you is noted.
There will be turnover in this class from the mere fact players want stability and our coach is, and has been, in the lead for firing coaches web sites and being called out by the local media. If you think recruits are getting the skinny form the message boards or this turmoil is somehow hidden from them you have lost your collective minds.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jjdlc

Quote from: Seebs on October 13, 2017, 01:59:26 pm
The naivety of some of you is noted.
There will be turnover in this class from the mere fact players want stability and our coach is, and has been, in the lead for firing coaches web sites and being called out by the local media. If you think recruits are getting the skinny form the message boards or this turmoil is somehow hidden from them you have lost your collective minds.

I fully expect some turnover with the turmoil goin on.  However, that does not change the fact that as of right now Mr. Gooden is still committed to the Hogs. 

Seebs

Quote from: jjdlc on October 13, 2017, 02:12:24 pm
I fully expect some turnover with the turmoil goin on.  However, that does not change the fact that as of right now Mr. Gooden is still committed to the Hogs. 

Yes. However this is the fourth episode of 'is he still committed' I have read.  He is also the one recruit that was quoted as saying ' my commitment depends on how the season goes'.  Fans can do the math.  I do hope we get him, he is a talent. I look forward to being surprised.

aloha_kid

You guys act like he's never committed somewhere before.  He may or may not stay, it's his choice.  But, you have to believe the fan base and their knee jerk reactions may have some impact on a recruits decision.  And this fan base is one of the worst for over-reacting and then going out and blasting a recruit on their social media.

HardingHog

Quote from: aloha_kid on October 13, 2017, 03:23:03 pm
this fan base is one of the worst for over-reacting and then going out and blasting a recruit on their social media.

100%. Arkansas twitter users need to live by the "say something nice, or say nothing at all" mantra when tweeting at recruits (heavily leaning toward the "say nothing at all" side of that)

The_Boot_stops_here

jgphillips3

We have 12 spots available.  They can all decommit and it won't kill us.  Might even give the new coach a leg up.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: aloha_kid on October 13, 2017, 03:23:03 pm
You guys act like he's never committed somewhere before.  He may or may not stay, it's his choice.  But, you have to believe the fan base and their knee jerk reactions may have some impact on a recruits decision.  And this fan base is one of the worst for over-reacting and then going out and blasting a recruit on their social media.
and you act like you have a terrible case of Poor-lil-ole-arkiesaw syndrome.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 12, 2017, 07:42:25 pm
Meaning the official decommit is eminent.

Loose comments like this will cause us to lose several kids, stop it now!!!!!!!!!

texas tush hog

October 17, 2017, 10:54:18 am #37 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:01:05 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: redleg on October 16, 2017, 09:01:45 am
Gooden is still committed.

He is committed as much to Sosa as he is to this staff. They want to play together . If you are indeed a Hog fan, stop the negativity about our recruits, not helpful at all. We all need to refrain from it, myself included.

Mods, can you not only lock this thread,but toss it in the trash, please.

mhuff

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 17, 2017, 10:54:18 am

He is committed as much to Sosa as he is to this staff. They want to play together . If you are indeed a Hog fan, stop the negativity about our recruits, not helpful at all. We all need to refrain from it, myself included.

Mods, can you not only lock this thread,but toss it in the trash, please.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 16, 2017, 10:44:48 am
and you act like you have a terrible case of Poor-lil-ole-arkiesaw syndrome.

Yeah because this fanbase has never went to a former commits twitter and blasted them, or are you tweeting one now?

Pig in the Pokey

What? He hasnt ever decommitted from us. And I have much better uses for my time than tweeting recruits lmao. But, seriously, why would you GAF if somebody rips a FORMER recruit on twitter? If you dont have thick enough skin for the internet, dont internet. simple.

aloha_kid

Quote from: HardingHog on October 13, 2017, 10:51:53 pm
100%. Arkansas twitter users need to live by the "say something nice, or say nothing at all" mantra when tweeting at recruits (heavily leaning toward the "say nothing at all" side of that)

Crazy talk :)