Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Petersen to Wisconsin?

Started by Next1_04, December 05, 2012, 09:27:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

moses_007

Smoke.  No fire.  Coach Pete isn't leaving Boise for anywhere.

RazorbackRon

Gruden .....

Gundy .....

Patterson .....

Yeah sure.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

MDH

Yeah, the one true thing about Petersen- He will never leave Boise.

Unless this is some bizarre back do deal Long worked out with CP to hire CBB so he could get the Wisc. job.   Don't think so.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

hawgball9401

Peterson to Wisconsin, to be announced tomorrow......according to hogcountryonline.com........lol.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

MDH

Quote from: hawgball9401 on December 05, 2012, 09:31:06 pm
Peterson to Wisconsin, to be announced tomorrow......according to hogcountry.com........lol.

That is a solid source!  :P
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Albert Einswine

Peterson to Wisconsin, to be announced tomorrow......according to hogcountry.com........lol.

That's funny because it's so close to the truth! haha
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hugehogsfan

Matt Hayes....Just spoke to source who just spoke to Chris Petersen. He's not interviewing at #Wisconsin.

SloppinItandLovnIt

KFSM and KNWA are both reporting that Jeff Van Gundy has been contacted for the head coaching position in Whisky ... Mike Gundy was unavailable for comment.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Destin2bAhog

Would someone give them our old coaches list to make it easy for the Whisky message boards to name their "next" head coach.

Hawgfan27

Could honestly care less, we got a good one I just don't want CP in the SEC

FL_Hog_Fan

Tennessee fans screaming for Petrino and raking the AD over the coals.  Not to mention the whole Gruden thing there.  Now Wisconsin day dreaming that CP is on his way to save them.  Are there Grudinites at UW now too?  It's like a time warp.  They are all just a week or so behind us, but I'm sure they won't make the same caliber hire.
What were we arguing about anyway?

SloppinItandLovnIt

Well CBP is running out of options in the SEC and it doesn't appear that Tenner is going to budge on bringing him in else he would have already been there. Kentucky - Auburn - Arkansas are all filled. CBP wont be back for a long time he smoked his bridge and they realize if he leaves what happens. Thank you JLS you sealed CBP fate for a long long time.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Dionysos25

I hope TN gets Petrino, then we schedule them, so we can run the effing ball down his sissy defense's throat. #Memories
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Feralhog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 05, 2012, 09:28:42 pm

Why go to Wisconsin for less money for himself and assistants and face the same kind of rut he's in at Boise?  He'll do the same to them as he did to us.  Think it over and think it over, and think it over, and think it over, and get more info so he can think it over, and think it over, and .......
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HF#1

This made me LOL....   I hope Wisconsin isn't falling for it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TDHawgs

I'm not going to believe the Petersen to Wisconsin until Todd24 says so.

passinghog

Petersen wants no part of the big boy leagues.

Danny J

Quote from: moses_007 on December 05, 2012, 09:28:42 pm
Yep....he is too smart. The comments today about Wisconsin and the assistants was very damning towards their program. They are going to have a hard time getting a good established coach. They are forced to hire a up and comer or coordinator.

The Wisconsin fans are really in a state of shock in regards to the assistants pay. They are/were clueless until today. Nice to be a fan of a school that doesn't have those problems.

TDHawgs

tusk2tail

Quote from: Showtimehog on December 05, 2012, 10:49:13 pm
I'm thinking the same thing.  I thought Arkansas would be a great fit for him.  With him showing no interest for the Cal or Colorado vacancies, he's staying put.  Curious if he jumps to Oregon when/if that spot ever opens up?

It was fun talking about it for the last few months, but now time to focus on SMASH MOUTH football. Go Hogs!
'Cuz the Rocky Mountain Way,
Is better than the way we had...

prairiehogcompanion

Gruden will go to Wisconsin, as soon as he finishes out the season with the Oakland Raiders.

Danny J

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 05, 2012, 11:31:10 pm
Gruden will go to Wisconsin, as soon as he finishes out the season with the Oakland Raiders.
His agent should be commended for starting all that gossip. He is a hot commodity.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: Showtimehog on December 05, 2012, 10:49:13 pm

I've some to believe this is true.  Some guys are just cut in the mold of middle management and a large move up scares them. 
But he is in a position where he knows he;s secure and can win 10 games a year playing is a little league.  He must be comfortable because he routinely leaves a ton of dollars on the table, from us and other suitors.  Dollars Boy-Z couldn't pay him in their wildest drreams. 

He's the one I wanted but not if he's afraid of big boy football. 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

FaytownHog

Peterson to Wisconsin, to be announced tomorrow......according to hogcountryonline.com........lol.
Wait, has anyone ever heard of that site? How credible is it? -Everyone on here last week

RNHog

FaytownHog

Quote from: RNHog on December 06, 2012, 05:10:32 am
Who cares? We got our guy.
Bc most people here (myself included) were hoping for and thought he might be the guy here.

RNHog

Quote from: FaytownHog on December 06, 2012, 05:15:52 am
Bc most people here (myself included) were hoping for and thought he might be the guy here.

No need to stew over it now. The 8 month  turmoil is over.

FaytownHog

Quote from: RNHog on December 06, 2012, 05:18:00 am
No need to stew over it now. The 8 month  turmoil is over.
This IS a message board. Stewing is all we do. Now that our search is over we have nothing better to do. lol.

RNHog

Gotta love the bitch fest hogville! LOL

That why i'm more of a bored reader Hogvillian reader rather than post everyday reader on here.

FaytownHog

Quote from: RNHog on December 06, 2012, 05:20:24 am
Gotta love the bitch fest hogville! LOL

That why i'm more of a bored reader Hogvillian reader rather than post everyday reader on here.
There's something for everyone! :)

GaRazorbackFan

Petersen likes being the big fish in the little pond. Then whine when he goes undefeated and not going to a BCS bowl, it actually works for him a couple of years. I really have no respect for him in the coaching world, I am sure he is a good man otherwise.

FaytownHog

Quote from: GaRazorbackFan on December 06, 2012, 05:59:37 am
Petersen likes being the big fish in the little pond. Then whine when he goes undefeated and not going to a BCS bowl, it actually works for him a couple of years. I really have no respect for him in the coaching world, I am sure he is a good man otherwise.
It's an easy 2 mill a year now that he's got it going. Why double your money for a couple years but then possibly be on the hot seat at a big program when you could keep getting your 2 mill a year and stay there for life? Can't say I don't blame him. A coach that comes to the SEC better have a killer instinct though and believe that failure isn't an option for himself.

Tim Harris

SquidBilly

Petersen doesn't want to uproot his family while his kids are in school.  For some coaches, and its very few, they make their decisions on more than dollar signs.  And think about it, he gets $2 mil a year in Boise and probably can't remember the last time he's paid for a meal.

arkmark

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 05, 2012, 09:27:03 pm
Maybe?

Nothing like leading off the thread from a source quoting the Milwaukee State Journal.  There is no Milwaukee State Journal.  You've got the Milwaukee Journal Sentenial and you've got the Wisconsin State Journal or you may have some obscure little blogger in a basement somewhere in Milwaukee.  But, nope, in my 48 years of previous living in Wisconsin, Milwaukee State Journal, never heard of it.

LZH

Quote from: arkmark on December 06, 2012, 06:48:12 am
Nothing like leading off the thread from a source quoting the Milwaukee State Journal.  There is no Milwaukee State Journal.  You've got the Milwaukee Journal Sentenial and you've got the Wisconsin State Journal or you may have some obscure little blogger in a basement somewhere in Milwaukee.  But, nope, in my 48 years of previous living in Wisconsin, Milwaukee State Journal, never heard of it.

I thought the same thing, never heard of it....but didn't take the time to look it up.

TDHawgs

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2012, 06:37:42 am
What is Todd24 saying?
He has spoken!!!!!

Todd ‏@24themoney
for my #WPS friends "@jaypo1961: college football source says new name to watch in #Badgers coaching search is C. Petersen of Boise State."

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 06, 2012, 06:56:58 am
I thought the same thing, never heard of it....but didn't take the time to look it up.
It's a tweet, it's got to be true. Twitter don't lie....

neblon

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on December 05, 2012, 09:41:37 pm
KFSM and KNWA are both reporting that Jeff Van Gundy has been contacted for the head coaching position in Whisky ... Mike Gundy was unavailable for comment.

Reportedly Stan Van Gundy is plan B.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on December 06, 2012, 08:27:28 am
It's a tweet, it's got to be true. Twitter don't lie....

It can't be on the internets if it isn't true.........

Hawg Balling

If he didn't leave Boise for Arkansas, he's definitely not leaving for a place that handcuffs you with regard to paying assistants.

Petersen has had quite a few quality assistants leave him for bigger coordinator jobs and more pay (Brent Pease, Justin Wilcox, Bryan Harsin), so I doubt he'd jump to a job with the same pitfalls.

This coaching search just confirms to me that he's either staying at Boise for the rest of his career or he's waiting out a certain job, which is rumored to be Oregon.

greasy_corner

TDHawgs

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2012, 08:35:25 am
It can't be on the internets if it isn't true.........
Exactly, and twitterbook is 100% accurate.