Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1/25 OP

Started by Russ22, January 24, 2018, 09:07:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ22

Ok. I am looking at the 1st Race which a Maiden Claiming ($25k) for AR bred F&M, and I am baffled by the #1 horse's entry. She has made 20 (TWENTY) attempts to break her maiden and that is 14 more than any other starter. Out of my ignorance I am wondering why would the connections keep sending this horse out? Any ideas?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

kingoftherapids

No reason really. that is the cheapest price a state bred maiden filly / mare can run in the first condition book. nothing cheaper on the book. the horse has made 28 grand in a touch over 2 years and he is owned by the trainer so he isn't really burning a big whole in someones pocket. a lot of those claimer type arky breds are owned by the trainer. it just isn't worth it to invest money in the lower level claiming ranks of arky breds because of our one 4 month meet.

holeinthewall

26k purse if the horse runs 3rd they get $2600 minus jockey pay.  The horse can pay for itself if it hits the top 4 a few times at the meet.  Horse  at Oaklawn is 12 starts with 3 2nd and a 3rd for 20k.

Remember I believe it was Zimmerman or something last year he was 0 for about 20 and broke his maiden after numerous finishes on the board at short prices.

holeinthewall

Anything look like a solid single in the late P4 or P5  Races 1,2 & 4 look pretty competitive.  Could be a big early DD

kingoftherapids

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 25, 2018, 07:57:19 am
Anything look like a solid single in the late P4 or P5  Races 1,2 & 4 look pretty competitive.  Could be a big early DD
Our Majesty looks tough in R8. only other runner i see as a threat is that o'neill horse.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 25, 2018, 09:03:03 am

Our Majesty looks tough in R8. only other runner i see as a threat is that o'neill horse.

Where is Borel?  Well why is Borel at FG?

Need him at OP to bet against

jdelo77

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 25, 2018, 09:24:32 am
Where is Borel?  Well why is Borel at FG?

Need him at OP to bet against

I almost spit up my tea just now lol !! It's funny but very true !

kingoftherapids

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 25, 2018, 10:50:02 am
I almost spit up my tea just now lol !! It's funny but very true !
lol you laugh now but he would come up here and bust up some final leg of a p4 that has will pays of 2 grand each. im pretty sure out of his handful of wins the last couple meets, he has burned me on 4 of the 5.

morg123

i like 6 in the first.

Russ22

Quote from: morg123 on January 25, 2018, 11:55:37 am
i like 6 in the first.
She will likely be the favorite, but that is not a good race...
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

jdelo77

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 25, 2018, 10:53:39 am
lol you laugh now but he would come up here and bust up some final leg of a p4 that has will pays of 2 grand each. im pretty sure out of his handful of wins the last couple meets, he has burned me on 4 of the 5.

Ohh I know , he's screwed me out of a bunch of $$$ ...

36RED

showhimthewhip

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 25, 2018, 07:57:19 am

I singled the 7 in race 7.

showhimthewhip

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 25, 2018, 10:53:39 am

The Pat Day of today

showhimthewhip

kingoftherapids

Quote from: showhimthewhip on January 25, 2018, 02:28:58 pm
R3
5,6,8 ex
hope you are right for our hogville show parlay wager! on the 8

showhimthewhip

showhimthewhip

Quote from: kingoftherapids on January 25, 2018, 02:30:28 pm

hope you are right for our hogville show parlay wager! on the 8

:-[

Dropkick

Betting the 9 in the 5th. (Miller)

husker71

Zippy Chippy never broke his maiden in 100 races.  his total earnings were $30,000 so this other maiden is way ahead of that.  I think a lot of career maidens are (as mentioned above) owner/trainer being the same person and my guess is the horse is stabled off track and they haul him in to race.  I saw a 10 or 11 year old break their maiden at Park Jefferson years and years ago.  $1500 South Dakota bred maiden race I am guessing.

kingoftherapids

don't quote me but i believe oaklawn has a rule that if you are 7 or 8 or older and haven't broken your maiden then you aren't allowed to run here.

holeinthewall

I hit the early DD.  That 12/30 work on the 5 in first out of the gate going 5F was what sold me on it.  Trainer stats on 1st time MCL made me nervous or I would ahve had it a lot more.   And yesterday was a perfect example of why we need a P3 in Race 1. How many lengths did the 1 make up inside the 1/16th pole to win the 2nd?  At least 7 I would say.

Would have easily been $500 on a 50 cent ticket.  The 3rd had that awful favorite in the Parx shipper to play against.