Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn News

Started by cbhawg03, December 06, 2015, 10:08:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

Timed works start Wednesday.

Jayaraman and Tim Ice split again, this time K K Jayaraman will train their horses. 

Starts: 123
Firsts: 12
Seconds: 12
Thirds: 15
Earnings: $254,310
Avg. Earnings Per Start: $2,068

This is from like 1999 / 2000

kingoftherapids

purses once again will increase throughout the year...

as of right now, the jocks room will have a little socal flare this year... and im not talking DVD.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 07, 2015, 03:01:03 pm

as of right now, the jocks room will have a little socal flare this year... and im not talking DVD.

You come drop info but no names?  PVal?  Nakatani?  I hope not Keith Desormeaux

kingoftherapids

not absolutely hammered down yet. when i get green light, i'll post it.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 07, 2015, 03:23:29 pm
not absolutely hammered down yet. when i get green light, i'll post it.

Just not the punk that is Desormeaux.  Take Keith bringing some horses here, but he can leave his brother elsewhere.

kingoftherapids

hahaha dont worry. it is NOT  k desormeaux.

heavylifting

I'll predict that Maria Borell will end up "training" for the Doctors J. At least for a month or two or three.

And SoCal flare? Would probably have to be someone who has flamed out there, like Edwin Maldonado and/or James Graham. Or even Elvis Trujillo. Geez, Graham was leading rider at Fair Grounds and he can hardly buy a win at Los Al, while Trujillo is scraping along at Aqueduct. Mainly goes to show that the agents are everything.

kingoftherapids

meandered around the barns yesterday and today. pretty neat to walk around when some are completely closed up still and then some are being prepared by the grooms ahead of the horses. then you have some that are fully setup.

cbhawg03

My guess would be Michael Baze or William Antongeorgi III. 

kingoftherapids

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 11, 2015, 08:49:19 am
My guess would be Michael Baze or William Antongeorgi III. 
Nope. neither one. And RIP Michael Baze. Kid had some talent.

kingoftherapids

way more veteran than these two combined

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 11, 2015, 08:53:52 am
way more veteran than these two combined

Then Gary Stevens it is.  Would make sense because Proctor is suppose to send horses to Oaklawn iirc

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 07, 2015, 03:01:03 pm

Not sure who I am missing, but this article pretty much eliminates everybody with a lot of experience. 

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/top-jockeys-flock-to-santa-anita-for-winter-meet/

HawgWild

cbhawg03

Quote from: HawgWild on December 14, 2015, 03:22:14 pm
Joe Talamo

Says Joe will be at SA.  Besides, I think Joe would go to Fair Grounds if he wasn't going to ride at SA.

cbhawg03

Anyone get the AP dvd that Oaklawn made and sent out?  Not sure who all got one, think it's just the owner of the boxes.  Some short video about AP starting his bid at Oaklawn. Highlights of Rebel and Derby victories.

kingoftherapids

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 29, 2015, 11:04:39 am
Cnak

So you saying who it is because he is coming for sure or isn't coming?

kingoftherapids

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 29, 2015, 11:38:09 am
He is coming

Who is he coming to ride for?  Proctor? Proctor even still sending some horses? 

Know he rode for Asmussen before, (Tapiture? Tapizar), sure he will ride some for Lukas as well, Casse maybe too?

kingoftherapids

I just have a feeling he will ride for casse and Lukas a lot. Going to be interesting colony. Some vets and some very good youngins. New barns should make it interesting as well