Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can anyone give me a quick overview on online betting?

Started by alwaysondbigscreen, January 05, 2014, 10:44:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysondbigscreen

Sorry no hot tip, but the family has a horse running in florida, and I'm curious as to how hard it would be to bet online and what kind of fees i would get stuck with thanks
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

cbhawg03

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on January 05, 2014, 10:44:54 am
Sorry no hot tip, but the family has a horse running in florida, and I'm curious as to how hard it would be to bet online and what kind of fees i would get stuck with thanks

Sign up through twinspires, deposit using bank account or credit card. Think there is like $5 charge for using credit card, but no fee to use bank account.

Name of horse, track and race number?

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: cbrooks03 on January 05, 2014, 11:39:24 am
Sign up through twinspires, deposit using bank account or credit card. Think there is like $5 charge for using credit card, but no fee to use bank account.

Name of horse, track and race number?
im telling you its no hot tip
8th race at tampa bay downs my dad has a horse named pure aristiotle
last time i bet on one of his horses it cost me

userpick

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on January 05, 2014, 12:45:19 pm
im telling you its no hot tip
8th race at tampa bay downs my dad has a horse named pure aristiotle
last time i bet on one of his horses it cost me

Are you related to the Morrisons in Camden? I believe you are in the same profession.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: userpick on January 05, 2014, 01:07:04 pm
Are you related to the Morrisons in Camden? I believe you are in the same profession.
not that i know of
all my relatives are  around marshall or leslie, except an uncle in bentonville

alwaysondbigscreen

husker71

don't worry we have bet on a lot worse than that horse.  Some of us wait until the last week or two based on the "Cline Theory"   now that has worked for as long as I have been here. 

cbhawg03

Quote from: husker71 on January 06, 2014, 02:39:08 pm
don't worry we have bet on a lot worse than that horse.  Some of us wait until the last week or two based on the "Cline Theory"   now that has worked for as long as I have been here.

This. I have hit the Cline horse that last 3 or 4 years. This was the most important questions asked of KOTR in another thread, but he hasn't answered.

Last years horse was not a typical Cline horse though, horse last race was a $50-40 Maiden Claimer at Churchill and the horse was dropping to 15-12.5 at Oaklawn. The horse should have never went off at the odds that it did. Desi Dawn, I believe was the name of the Cline winner last year.

cbhawg03

Horse was named Desi Dawn.

Horse has won twice in the claiming ranks since the score at Oaklawn, in July and September at LA Downs. Has not raced again since that September win though. No recent works and equibase list the trainer as Greg Sheets as of her last start, but still has Donna Cline as the trainer. This might have been a license issue though. Donna has been the trainer since claimed at Churchill with the exception being the LA Downs races, left OP to go to LA Downs for one race with Sheets being the trainer then to P. Meadows and CLine was the trainer again and then back to Sheets training at LA Downs.

alwaysondbigscreen

you will have to enlighten me on the cline theory ive never heard of it
but ive lost money on lots of other theorys so what the heck

cbhawg03

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on January 06, 2014, 05:29:01 pm
you will have to enlighten me on the cline theory ive never heard of it
but ive lost money on lots of other theorys so what the heck

I think that 1969 pointed it out to me. Just play horses at Oaklawn trained by Donna Cline blindly. They usually ways look like crap in the form,  only one that I have ever seen that didn't was Desi Dawn. You may lose but will make all your money back and more when her horse wins. It happens every year at some point during the OP season.

husker71

Donna Cline has 2 horses in on Sunday.  But I think it is two early for her AND don't think they are maidens.  Her 2013 record was 24 starts and only 1 win(big winner at OP)  I think $50+   may not have been that big because she has become Cult like to some of us.  Normally a maiden claimer that has not shown anything at LaD shows up in the last week or 2 of the meet and we all jump in with both feet.

cbhawg03

Quote from: husker71 on January 09, 2014, 09:27:53 pm
Donna Cline has 2 horses in on Sunday.  But I think it is two early for her AND don't think they are maidens.  Her 2013 record was 24 starts and only 1 win(big winner at OP)  I think $50+   may not have been that big because she has become Cult like to some of us.  Normally a maiden claimer that has not shown anything at LaD shows up in the last week or 2 of the meet and we all jump in with both feet.

While I agree that it is usually later in the meet, it only happens once so I throw a little her way everytime she enters one.

husker71

we need to add Jesse Mullins to that list.  Seems like every year he uncorks a longshot in a state bred race. Next year I hope I remember this angle.