Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long out?

Started by hawgon, November 09, 2017, 12:18:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 03:58:26 pm
So.......are you saying the board can't fire him????

Can the board tell his boss, "If you don't fire him, we will fire you"?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 03:58:26 pm
So.......are you saying the board can't fire him????

That isn't the function of the BOT is what he's saying.   

hobhog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 09, 2017, 01:48:19 pm
I've known for about a month and was told not to tell anyone.  The reason for not telling was so that JL could not build a defense or cover up

Good stuff. Didn't tell anyone and JL couldn't cover up.......

BadHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 09, 2017, 03:36:57 pm
It is a mystery why Long was asked by the Chancellor to be at the meeting.  Perhaps the Chancellor wanted him there in case the BOT decided to dismiss him?

Not a mystery. Long knew why he was there.  ;)

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

snoblind

ricepig

TebowHater

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 04:02:21 pm
Can the board tell his boss, "If you don't fire him, we will fire you"?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

And his bosses can say, fine, fire me...

That would be a great look for a higher education institution to fire its President and Chancellor over not firing an athletic director.

Not saying that's what happened (who knows), but entirely possible. There is probably a reason they only spoke to his bosses.

LRrazorback

Hate to put out another rumor about JL but...from a high ranking booster. It will be announced in a week he has been let go/fired

hawgon

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 10, 2017, 08:45:58 pm
Hate to put out another rumor about JL but...from a high ranking booster. It will be announced in a week he has been let go/fired

If that is true, he basically got fired yesterday then.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 10, 2017, 08:45:58 pm
For what it's worth, I was told last week, by a former Hog, CBB was gone with Long not far behind.

LRrazorback

7-3 vote against JL before the vote took place. Not sure actual vote

grayhawg

It is obvious CBB has to go, I will believe Long gone when I see it happen

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2017, 12:42:56 pm
I have a feeling this thread will soon end up in the same place as all the threads about RW's insurance mess-up.
Yup. Its been talked about quite a bit but threads keep mysteriously vanishing just like when nothing happened between whaley and martin
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Mike_e

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 02:35:44 pm
What else I got to do?   The Company said I was getting too dangerous and retired me.

So does that mean that you're retired and dangerous or Retired, Extremely Dangerous?

If it's the second I'd be lookin to not put up Christmas lights this year.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: island hog on November 09, 2017, 02:47:29 pm
  You should work for the government...or the Kremlin, whichever

Some people think the Kremlin IS our government............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 10, 2017, 08:58:28 pm
7-3 vote against JL before the vote took place. Not sure actual vote

They didn't vote, and don't vote on the AD, but nice try.

WilsonHog

Procedure, guys.

I'll use public education as an example. A school board cannot fire a district employee unless the termination is recommended by the superintendent. Can't even take a vote. If the superintendent does make a recommendation to terminate and the board votes in executive session, they must come out and announce the action they took. The board can vote to not extend a superintendent's contract, in which case the contract just ends on its own terms. They can also vote to non-renew, but if there are years remaining on the contract the superintendent will get paid for those.

This is all news to me and I hope untrue.  However, it is my experience  that humans who can and did mess up coaching hires like Jeff has messed up quite a few, the largest mess being Bret, that other mistakes are likely to emerge.  That is why I sincerely hope someone, somewhere is auditing the NEZ construction and any other major spending projects and personnel hires.  His early claim to fame and some fortune likely relaxed the powers and there may be disaster lurking in other areas of his responsibility.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 11, 2017, 09:31:55 am
This is all news to me and I hope untrue.  However, it is my experience  that humans who can and did mess up coaching hires like Jeff has messed up quite a few, the largest mess being Bret, that other mistakes are likely to emerge.  That is why I sincerely hope someone, somewhere is auditing the NEZ construction and any other major spending projects and personnel hires.  His early claim to fame and some fortune likely relaxed the powers and there may be disaster lurking in other areas of his responsibility.

You do know that there was a GMP with the general contractor on the NEZ? Now, if it was grossly higher than the proposal to the board, then they planned on the money coming from somewhere else than the bonds, which were issued for $5m less than planned.