Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim McCarver

Started by Randy Johnson, April 08, 2015, 07:26:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Johnson

Not sure is he technically an employee of Fox or the Cardinals but ole Timmy was doing the game today with Dan McGlaughlin. In the bottom of the 4th inning the Cards pitcher Lance Lynn has a no hitter going and Tim acknowledges it by saying he had a no-no and it is a no- no to talk about that and why...he said. Next thing ya know a base hit and no more no hitter. This is not the first time the once-jilted-by-the-cardinals-announcer has done this with this same result. He giggled both times. I was beginning to think that McCarver had come back to be a Cardinal announcer so he would be remembered by the fans as a Cardinal.  This will help me forever remember him as a Met!!

jrulz83

Quote from: RazorWorld on April 08, 2015, 07:26:47 pm
Not sure is he technically an employee of Fox or the Cardinals but ole Timmy was doing the game today with Dan McGlaughlin. In the bottom of the 4th inning the Cards pitcher Lance Lynn has a no hitter going and Tim acknowledges it by saying he had a no-no and it is a no- no to talk about that and why...he said. Next thing ya know a base hit and no more no hitter. This is not the first time the once-jilted-by-the-cardinals-announcer has done this with this same result. He giggled both times. I was beginning to think that McCarver had come back to be a Cardinal announcer so he would be remembered by the fans as a Cardinal.  This will help me forever remember him as a Met!!

Still a great improvement over Al Hrabosky.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

razorJAcker

Quote from: jrulz83 on April 08, 2015, 07:31:55 pm
Still a great improvement over Al Hrabosky.

Tim McCarver is never an improvement over anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdTYVxzEwI

Randy Johnson

I wish him no harm but I hope he retires soon. He will never be a Cardinal again.

jrulz83

Quote from: razorJAcker on April 08, 2015, 09:37:59 pm
Tim McCarver is never an improvement over anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdTYVxzEwI

Have you ever listened to Al Hrabosky?

I'll take McCarver 8 days a week over him, he's terrible.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

lefty08

Quote from: RazorWorld on April 08, 2015, 07:26:47 pm

I'm sure it had everything to do with that first base hit.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged