Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Desi Sills senior year highlights

Started by Tiny Rick, March 06, 2018, 08:38:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

opineonswine

navyhog24

This kid is so underrated. It's crazy. He'll be fun to watch as a Hog in the coming years.

HawgsPolo

March 06, 2018, 05:36:56 pm #3 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:46:22 am by HawgsPolo
Yea now that the guy I remember from the Real Deal. He is definitely underrated. Had he been able to be evaluated he would've been a 4 Star.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

The_Iceman

He has improved so much from his Junior year. He is going to be a contributor next year for sure. Our guard depth will be:

6'1" Jalen Harris
6'1" Desi Sills
6'3" Keyshawn Embery
6'4" Isaiah Joe
6'5" CJ Jones
6'5" Khalil Garland (If cleared)
6'6" Darious Hall (Small Forward)
6'6" Jordan Phillips (Small Forward)

Pinto

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 06, 2018, 06:30:43 pm
He has improved so much from his Junior year. He is going to be a contributor next year for sure. Our guard depth will be:

6'1" Jalen Harris
6'1" Desi Sills
6'3" Keyshawn Embery
6'4" Isaiah Joe
6'5" CJ Jones
6'5" Khalil Garland (If cleared)
6'6" Darious Hall (Small Forward)
6'6" Jordan Phillips (Small Forward)

If Khalil returns, our guard depth will be off the chains! Even with a group this young, if Gafford returns, we are back in the tourney next year.

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 07, 2018, 09:26:52 am
If Khalil returns, our guard depth will be off the chains! Even with a group this young, if Gafford returns, we are back in the tourney next year.

Too many unknowns to expect a tourney appearance next year with or without Dan

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pinto on March 07, 2018, 09:41:40 am
Too many unknowns to expect a tourney appearance next year with or without Dan

Not for me. If Khalil and Dan are back and ready to go next year, we are in the tourney. I strongly believe that. Of course, I still believed in Santa until I was 10-12 years old too. So...

The_Iceman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 07, 2018, 09:47:57 am
Not for me. If Khalil and Dan are back and ready to go next year, we are in the tourney. I strongly believe that. Of course, I still believed in Santa until I was 10-12 years old too. So...

This is not a tournament team. They don't have the experience yet. The SEC will be tough next year. Will be a rebuilding year for sure, but the roster should be fun to watch.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 07, 2018, 10:56:21 am
This is not a tournament team. They don't have the experience yet. The SEC will be tough next year. Will be a rebuilding year for sure, but the roster should be fun to watch.

Next years team should be better than CMA's first team at Arkansas. That 2011 team went 18-14 and that was after Powell went down with a season ending knee injury after only two games.

That 2011 team had a lot of freshmen and an underwhelming supporting cast and still could have made post season play with a few more wins.

This upcoming class of freshmen are much better suited athletically for CMA's style of play and the returnees for next year are much better than in 2011 as well. I think it is within reason that they can contend for a tourney spot until proven otherwise. I think two or three of the freshmen may play beyond their years, ie., Chaney; Embery; Phillips; and Joe.

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 07, 2018, 09:47:57 am

Khalil's productivity is even an unknown right now though. He hasn't even practiced 100% yet

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 07, 2018, 11:10:45 am
Next years team should be better than CMA's first team at Arkansas. That 2011 team went 18-14 and that was after Powell went down with a season ending knee injury after only two games.

That 2011 team had a lot of freshmen and an underwhelming supporting cast and still could have made post season play with a few more wins.

This upcoming class of freshmen are much better suited athletically for CMA's style of play and the returnees for next year are much better than in 2011 as well. I think it is within reason that they can contend for a tourney spot until proven otherwise. I think two or three of the freshmen may play beyond their years, ie., Chaney; Embery; Phillips; and Joe.

I don't see any of these 18' freshmen being a go-to bucket getter like BJ Young was though.

batmanfan

I think everything will have to go our way in the offseason as far as the roster goes to get back to the tourney next year.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Pinto

Quote from: batmanfan on March 07, 2018, 11:52:46 am
I think everything will have to go our way in the offseason as far as the roster goes to get back to the tourney next year.

Including major player progression lol