Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaquayln Crawford

Started by CamArk08, December 16, 2017, 12:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2017, 08:02:11 pm
Not necessarily. Davenport is still regarded on here.

RD does still come on here and interact with us a bit. If Trey, Otis, or Danny are on HV, I certainly haven't spotted them.

I'm still cracking up over the notion that Porkatarian is Wally Hall. Man I hope that's true. Too funny.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 16, 2017, 08:15:39 pm
This is such a great thing.
You know they was counting on him to come in early and play next year. There losing a buncha receivers so this one is gonna hurt but they'll say they don't care.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

JusJim

Quote from: blu on December 16, 2017, 04:00:38 pm
Yeah those rankings are so accurate - how many times have we finished in the top 25 in season final rankings? We must either be underachieving or the rankings mean squat. You'd think with Top 29 or better ranked classes in 9 of the last 10 yrs we should have been a lot better and more consistent than we've been.
The problem being is that almost all of the SEC is ranked above us and we're not competing well within our own confernce.

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

emdavenp

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 16, 2017, 08:40:20 pm
I wanna know this too

Great question. He's one of those that I don't care - just get him here and we'll deal later.

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 16, 2017, 08:40:20 pm
I wanna know this too
We are recruiting him as WR primarily. But he is an amazing athlete who will probably be a return man as well.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
Kids don't care about crud won a million years ago. OU has like one recent Heisman that went to a bad kid that didn't deserve it and there last national championship means about as much as ours. HCCM means more to these coaches and players in Texas than some bunch a cheaters in Oklahoma. Prepare yourself for this to become a regular deal. I get why folks might think it sounds crazy cuz we ain't never been in this position before with a coach that's a legend in Texas and whose gotta chance in every living room in the state. OU, OSU, Tech, TCU, Baylor all gonna suffer bad cuz they are gonna be fighting over nothing but SEC scraps.
They are a bunch of ninnies, they won't even believe it when it's happening. Its a complex.

But, I FOR ONE, am with you , Brother.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2017, 11:34:24 pm
They are a bunch of ninnies, they won't even believe it when it's happening. Its a complex.

But, I FOR ONE, am with you , Brother.
Come here and be the guy or go to ChOkeU and be a guy. Come here and play in the top conference or never get drafted. Come here and play in a real offense or go play Mickey Mousr Ball.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 16, 2017, 11:38:45 pm
Come here and be the guy or go to ChOkeU and be a guy. Come here and play in the top conference or never get drafted. Come here and play in a real offense or go play Mickey Mousr Ball.
SEC options- gay ass aggy , or Fayettenam!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FarmingtonFan

So has everyone decided Crawford is out?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FarmingtonFan on December 18, 2017, 08:12:27 am
who said that? We'll see wednesday on him.

Last two crystal balls were Arkansas, but most still favor OU.

ricepig

Quote from: FarmingtonFan on December 18, 2017, 08:12:27 am

If he signs Wednesday, it will be with OU, if he holds off, we have better chances. Probably the same thing we Luke Jones, supposedly ND told him his spot was only guaranteed for Wednesday, after that, they are opening back up their OL recruiting.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 10:04:53 am
If he signs Wednesday, it will be with OU, if he holds off, we have better chances. Probably the same thing we Luke Jones, supposedly ND told him his spot was only guaranteed for Wednesday, after that, they are opening back up their OL recruiting.

This is the new leverage tactic. I bet OU is using that with Crawford as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

colbs

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2017, 10:47:25 am
This is the new leverage tactic. I bet OU is using that with Crawford as well.
I imagine they are telling them if they come to Arkansas they won't know who their DC or position coach is.  Then saying If they don't sign and wait to see who it is then they lose their spot. 

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 10:54:23 am
I imagine they are telling them if they come to Arkansas they won't know who their DC or position coach is.  Then saying If they don't sign and wait to see who it is then they lose their spot. 

Well, Jones and Crawford know who their position coach and OC is, Flanagan, doesn't.

imtad16

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 10:54:23 am

Sometimes applying pressure backfires and is the reason you lose a kid. Hopefully this is the case with Crawford. If you have a strong relationship with coaches I think you can trust they have your best interest in mind and don't need to know the position coaches because there is trust. This staff has been recruiting Crawford for a while now dating back to SMU. Chances are OU still lands him but still seems like a good sign he fit us in this weekend.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 11:07:20 am
Well, Jones and Crawford know who their position coach and OC is, Flanagan, doesn't.
For some reason I thought Crawford might play defense.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 11:07:20 am

Visit went well....he likes our coaches.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 11:15:35 am
For some reason I thought Crawford might play defense.

He might, but Stepp has been his recruiter for a long time.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: imtad16 on December 18, 2017, 11:13:04 am
Sometimes applying pressure backfires and is the reason you lose a kid. Hopefully this is the case with Crawford. If you have a strong relationship with coaches I think you can trust they have your best interest in mind and don't need to know the position coaches because there is trust. This staff has been recruiting Crawford for a while now dating back to SMU. Chances are OU still lands him but still seems like a good sign he fit us in this weekend.

CCM spent a little time speaking to JC at the Catfish Hole Saturday night. They have a relationship that goes back awhile.

I've been told the decision is causing a real struggle for Crawford. I see that as a good sign.  I hope we win out.

parallaxpig

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 18, 2017, 01:00:59 pm
CCM spent a little time speaking to JC at the Catfish Hole Saturday night. They have a relationship that goes back awhile.

I've been told the decision is causing a real struggle for Crawford. I see that as a good sign.  I hope we win out.

we are in the game...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

colbs

He retweeted someone saying he's signing with OU on Wednesday.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 07:49:57 pm

No surprise.  Need more than 10 days to flip a kid from the likes of OU.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pudgepork

Yeah.  With OU hitting prime time in the championship picture, I wouldn't expect to flip him

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2017, 01:42:16 pm
No, he's not that bad. It's like "Frank Broyles said Malzahn's offense won't work in the SEC." and "Butt wanted Mallett as a tight end." Just one of those stupid Hogville things.

Hatred for Otis is stupid. He's the best he's a worker. I like Dudley because I know him but Otis is a good guy who is pretty good with his info.

Mallett could never play TE. Best arm I have seen in person.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 07:49:57 pm
He's going to OU. That would be an epic flip. We will beat OU for some recruits but they will always get a ton of talent from Texas. I hate blow U and their sucky fans! OU is dirty and always have been dirty.

colbs

I'm sure what's his name will be in shortly saying how bad this staff is because they couldn't flip a player from OU while only on the job two weeks.

Wooderson

Quote from: colbs on December 18, 2017, 08:06:54 pm
I'm sure what's his name will be in shortly saying how bad this staff is because they couldn't flip a player from OU while only on the job two weeks.

nm
Give me liberty, or give me death!

AlmaHog2011

Guys like him are allowed to ruin this site and I was banned for calling out a moderator for constantly running Arkansas down? I don't get it?

RaisinHog

And another swing and miss lol.. the hits keep coming

HogCzar1

I’m sure what’s his name will be in shortly saying how bad this staff is because they couldn’t flip a player from OU while only on the job two weeks.

It is totally unfair to criticize CCM, and his staff for failing to flip a player like this in 2 weeks.

However, for next year's class, CCM is going to have to win some of these very type battles if we are going to have any real hope of closing the talent gap in the SEC.

PintailKiller

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:43:40 pm

How ya gettin a hit while swingin and missin?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 18, 2017, 08:43:40 pm
Are you what's his name?

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Muskliketusk

Believe it when i see it. This race ain't run.

Nosboar Accubond

comeon

kennypig

Quote from: imtad16 on December 16, 2017, 03:31:25 pm
You don't have to act like our ability to recruit is worse than it is to prove OU isn't going away. Of course they're not going a way. They will continue to recruit well.

To say we finish 30 to 50 each year in recruiting is pretty inacurate. I went to the 247 composite rankings for the last 15 seasons and we usually finish 20 to 30. We have only finished above 35 3 times. Do you really think we should be categorized as a program that finishes 30-50 in recruiting every season? What is the point of knocking the program (inaccurately) to argue for another program?

247 Composite Rankings
2017 27th
2016 23rd
2015 22nd
2014 29th
2013 23rd
2012 27th
2011 21st
2010 41st
2009 20th
2008 25th
2007 36th
2006 22nd
2005 26th
2004 18th
2003 42nd
2002 25th

In 2005 we signed Darrin McFadden & Felix Jones and still got no higher than 26th ?
In 2004 we were ranked 18th nationally. Our top recruits were 4* Peyton Hillis, Fred Barnett, Marcus Monk, Michael Grant, & Cedric Logan.  Interesting isn't it.

HogFoo

Quote from: comeon on December 20, 2017, 06:03:12 pm
You done now?
we were in the game.  After page to actually be in the game and flipped 1 instater and got another, and possibly flipped another, I'd say that's pretty impressive for Morris.  Im predicting right now, that next year Morris will have the best recruiting class that weve ever had since joining the SEC!  Im calling it right now!  He got in on all these kids and nearly had huge flips, so wait till he has a much bigger respected SEC school to recruit kids too! Like I said , I predict next season to be the best class we've ever had since joining the sec.watch and see
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2017, 01:44:29 pm
I was at an IHOP and decided to sit with a random family. I asked them why they were in town and they said that the father of the family was there to be the new DC at Arkansas. I asked for a photo and autograph and a picture. I said I'd keep quiet about it and he said I didn't have to, but I will. Out of respect and all.

Thank you for keeping your word, but I'm OK if you wanna let everyone know who I am.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Piggfoot

Has he signed a Loi with OK?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogtimes

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 18, 2017, 08:55:37 pm
Believe it when i see it. This race ain't run.

We were never really in the race.   Same goes for (Fields) the DB from Union high school in Tulsa.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 21, 2017, 06:52:55 pm
We were never really in the race.   Same goes for (Fields) the DB from Union high school in Tulsa.
Bull crap, you don't know that

Hogtimes

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 23, 2017, 09:36:53 pm
Bull crap, you don't know that

If there was ever a lock for a recruit is was  Fields to OU  and Crawford was not far behind.  It is hard to imagine  that anyone would expect Morris to flip those players.

moto625

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 24, 2017, 04:01:02 pm
If there was ever a lock for a recruit is was  Fields to OU  and Crawford was not far behind.  It is hard to imagine  that anyone would expect Morris to flip those players.
LB White to Lswho was a lock

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 16, 2017, 01:17:47 pm

easy to say but they are the ones in the playoffs and were 4 and 8 let's see how it plays out before we start talking about taking ou to the woodshed
these are my sentiments exactly.  Now I am not dismissing CCM at all, but lets be real, why would a kid flip to Ark after committing to a team that is in the final 4 for college football while we have been trending down and just finished a 4-8 season with uncertainty around the program?   (by uncertainty, I just mean no one knows yet how CCM's system is going to fare at Ark in the SEC thats all--there is no history there until CCM gets some games under his belt at Ark)  Maybe the promise of early playing time compared to a stocked program like OU makes us more attractive.  I dont know, but it just seems unlikely.

Look, I want to get Crawford and any other top notch recruit who is interested in Arkansas, but I have to be realistic and wonder why a kid would turn his back on a program like OU, who is at the top of college football right now, to come to Ark.  I love that he is considering it, but I just cant count on it yet.   

RaisinHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 24, 2017, 05:19:11 pm
these are my sentiments exactly.  Now I am not dismissing CCM at all, but lets be real, why would a kid flip to Ark after committing to a team that is in the final 4 for college football while we have been trending down and just finished a 4-8 season with uncertainty around the program?   (by uncertainty, I just mean no one knows yet how CCM's system is going to fare at Ark in the SEC thats all--there is no history there until CCM gets some games under his belt at Ark)  Maybe the promise of early playing time compared to a stocked program like OU makes us more attractive.  I dont know, but it just seems unlikely.

Look, I want to get Crawford and any other top notch recruit who is interested in Arkansas, but I have to be realistic and wonder why a kid would turn his back on a program like OU, who is at the top of college football right now, to come to Ark.  I love that he is considering it, but I just cant count on it yet.

Well he signed with OU Wednesday so don't loose any sleep wondering lol

Pork Ranger

Quote from: greenie on December 16, 2017, 08:20:29 pm
RD does still come on here and interact with us a bit. If Trey, Otis, or Danny are on HV, I certainly haven't spotted them.

I'm still cracking up over the notion that Porkatarian is Wally Hall. Man I hope that's true. Too funny.

Wally is on The Show With No Name once a week. Someone should call in and ask 😂😂😂