Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 finger grip

Started by Pigasaurus, July 27, 2012, 06:54:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigasaurus

Five handicapper 20 yrs ago.  pretty much stopped playing last 8 yrs.  Getting back into golf slowly and previously iron play was always my weakest part of my game.  Always overlapped my grip before.  Gone from weak, high, fades to just striping the ball and hitting the sweet spot consistently.  Don't understand what changed technically but right hand feels different thru swing with 10 finger grip.  Loving it!!  Anybody else "base balling it?"
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

I do too. I just cant get comfortable with overlap.

Divot

I grew up with it. Went to interlock 10 years ago. I was seriously debating about going back after a bad few weeks and a horrible round yesterday.

I'm taking this thread as sign. Going to test it out this weekend.

HognitiveDissonance

Yes to baseball grip.
Not that I'm a great golfer or anything....but that's how I roll.

mhuff

I do not use it. But the best amateur golfer I have ever known used one.

bplease

hard to put the exact same grip on the club every time with a baseball imo.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Ex-Trumpet

Tommy Gainey likes it...

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

al2305

10 finger helps release the club.  If it works keep doin it.

Quote from: mhuff on August 20, 2012, 11:59:03 am
I do not use it. But the best amateur golfer I have ever known used one.
thank you for the compliment.

Coondog Hog

I'd try it, but I fear I'd eff something else up and mess up my bogey golf game.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Ex-Trumpet

I've been experimenting with an interlock (I use overlap) to get rid of a hook.  Seems to be working but the interlock seems to hit it higher and I lose a half-club in distance with irons.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 24, 2012, 08:19:37 am
I've been experimenting with an interlock (I use overlap) to get rid of a hook.  Seems to be working but the interlock seems to hit it higher and I lose a half-club in distance with irons.

Compound that with being 6'5", with an extremely steep swing, and you have my typical golf shot.  It comes in handy sometimes, though.  I have hit shots over enormous trees that the guys I played with laughed at me for even trying.  Give me a wedge and let me really hit it hard and I'm in danger of hitting myself in the nose.

Hogbody

same here

PonderinHog

I've been experimenting with trying to hit my tee shot in the fairway...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 24, 2012, 12:02:20 pm

What's a fairway?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 24, 2012, 12:04:34 pm
What's a fairway?
I'll let you know as soon as I find one...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 24, 2012, 12:07:52 pm
I'll let you know as soon as I find one...

Is that the area between the green and the teebox on par 3's?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 24, 2012, 12:12:56 pm
Is that the area between the green and the teebox on par 3's?
I find that all the time...

Roctavious

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 24, 2012, 12:02:20 pm

Which fairway?

PonderinHog