Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17 mile drive

Started by Hoggam's Razor, June 20, 2012, 12:04:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggam's Razor

Got a chance to drive the 17 mile drive in Monterey last week!....unbelievable beauty and history. 
I'm poor as a stuff house rat...but just seeing Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and Cypress courses was an awesome experience!  Just seeing those courses shaved 2 strokes off my.....uh strokes!
WPS!
I hate it when people complain.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on June 20, 2012, 12:04:09 am
Got a chance to drive the 17 mile drive in Monterey last week!....unbelievable beauty and history. 
I'm poor as a stuff house rat...but just seeing Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and Cypress courses was an awesome experience!  Just seeing those courses shaved 2 strokes off my.....uh strokes!
WPS!

We did the drive in 2005 on our honeymoon and I got to play Pebble.  Stayed at a hotel in Cannery Row.  Someday I'm gonna go back.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

kingofdequeen

WPS!

should've crashed - at least played one hole before they threw you off.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 20, 2012, 08:41:51 am
We did the drive in 2005 on our honeymoon and I got to play Pebble.  Stayed at a hotel in Cannery Row.  Someday I'm gonna go back.
been there several times and was headed back last week......we cancelled and came home early.

Loved 17mi drive and the drive all the way down Hwy 1 to Morrow Bay.....breathtaking!

Pulled out...

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 22, 2012, 03:22:27 pm
been there several times and was headed back last week......we cancelled and came home early.

Loved 17mi drive and the drive all the way down Hwy 1 to Morrow Bay.....breathtaking!

Pulled out...
played PB as a 13 year old kid from the backwoods of Stephens, Arkansas....the thing I remember about the area was how quickly a comfortable and sunny Summer's afternoon can turn into your worst nightmare when the wind starts blowing from the NW and the rain starts falling when you and your caddie are 3 holes into the back nine...that's the coldest I've ever been and ever care to be....but good Lord, it was beautiful....all I can say is that I've never seen that color green before nor since...I want to see that place again before I leave the planet
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

tiber

I worked about 20 minutes away for 3 years... another manager's wife was a floral designer for the PB Company, and we were able to play free golf thru their employee slots every week when we had time.  Courses varied as to what slots were available when we wanted to go, so it could be Del Monte one week, PB the next, or Spyglass. 
At the time they lived inside the gates of the drive, but now have a house in Pacific Grove.  Slummin' it I guess.

99toLife

WPS!

Been there a couple of times and played all 3 of those courses at least once...  Spyglass is a Beotch..  Beautiful area, just a tad out of my price range!  ;)

GoHogs1091

Quote from: tiber on June 24, 2012, 11:37:51 am
I worked about 20 minutes away for 3 years... another manager's wife was a floral designer for the PB Company, and we were able to play free golf thru their employee slots every week when we had time.  Courses varied as to what slots were available when we wanted to go, so it could be Del Monte one week, PB the next, or Spyglass. 
At the time they lived inside the gates of the drive, but now have a house in Pacific Grove.  Slummin' it I guess.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with living in Pacific Grove.  The following is an article about the Pacific Grove Municipal course. 

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/pacificgrove/

There may be some folks out in the World who feel that the Pacific Grove Municipal course is a better course than Pebble Beach.  From the looks of the pictures in that article, it looks like the Pacific Grove course is no slouch.  If there are people out in the World who feel that it is a better course than Pebble Beach, that is a very understandable feeling/opinion.

The article states that the Pacific Grove Municipal course is the only golf course on the Monterey peninsula with both Bay and Ocean views.  That alone gives it an advantage over the other courses.       

kingofdequeen

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 24, 2012, 06:37:52 pm
There is absolutely nothing wrong with living in Pacific Grove.  The following is an article about the Pacific Grove Municipal course. 

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/pacificgrove/

There may be some folks out in the World who feel that the Pacific Grove Municipal course is a better course than Pebble Beach.  From the looks of the pictures in that article, it looks like the Pacific Grove course is no slouch.  If there are people out in the World who feel that it is a better course than Pebble Beach, that is a very understandable feeling/opinion.

The article states that the Pacific Grove Municipal course is the only golf course on the Monterey peninsula with both Bay and Ocean views.  That alone gives it an advantage over the other courses.       

Hurricane's 54 bucks on the weekend.  LOL.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 23, 2012, 11:23:28 pm
played PB as a 13 year old kid from the backwoods of Stephens, Arkansas....the thing I remember about the area was how quickly a comfortable and sunny Summer's afternoon can turn into your worst nightmare when the wind starts blowing from the NW and the rain starts falling when you and your caddie are 3 holes into the back nine...that's the coldest I've ever been and ever care to be....but good Lord, it was beautiful....all I can say is that I've never seen that color green before nor since...I want to see that place again before I leave the planet
I should have been more specific, never played, but have been to that area "many times".  I did take a pic from the 18th tee box the one time I drove in there.

Pulled out...

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 22, 2012, 03:22:27 pm

Pulled out...

Morro Bay was actually our destination...we stayed a few days with my wife's step-dad....he's got a place right behind the huge rock.  That is one sweet little beach town.
I hate it when people complain.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on July 05, 2012, 10:43:33 pm
Morro Bay was actually our destination...we stayed a few days with my wife's step-dad....he's got a place right behind the huge rock.  That is one sweet little beach town.
I got a sweet pic of Morro Rock with the fog settling in at dusk

Pulled out...

al2305

Played there about 8yrs ago.  I remember it was about 95 degrees and sunny 10miles inland.  By the time we got to the course it was 60 degrees and overcast.  Its definitely like nothing Ive ever seen.  Spyglass is ridiculously tougher than PB.  PB is shorter and has more room off the tee.  There was no wind the day I played it.  I remember having a four putt and 2 3putts on the front and 9 pars on the back for a 76.  Unfortunately was paired with 3 seniors who didnt break 120.  They even made them pickup their balls on number 6 because they were so slow.  The views were so nice though I didnt even care. 

They definitely charge way too much but at the same time its still worth it if that makes sense.