Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

14.2%

Started by gotyacovered, May 26, 2011, 10:39:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

that is my up and down percentage yesterday. missed 7 greens, got up and down once. :puke:

nothing new, been doing this since 1996. just frustrating.
You are what you tolerate.

billcollector

Did you play at hcc... Weren't our greens punched?

kingofdequeen

that's my game.

miss the green, make a bogey.

gotyacovered

Quote from: billcollector on May 26, 2011, 11:19:24 am
Did you play at hcc... Weren't our greens punched?

TCC

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 11:22:15 am
that's my game.

miss the green, make a bogeybreak a wedge in half.
fify

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 26, 2011, 11:27:54 am
fify

that was a weekend's worth of frustration without my ganj filter. 

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 11:28:41 am
that was a weekend's worth of frustration without my ganj filter. 

im staying a few blocks from the Blue Monster.

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 11:22:15 am
miss the green, make a bogey.

I need to add that to my sig. I actually putted good too... And had 33 of them.

alwaysondbigscreen

if im missing A LOT of greens then I can get up and down, its like survival mode. BUT if its to keep a A good round going then not a chance.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

razorduck9

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on May 26, 2011, 02:18:52 pm
if im missing A LOT of greens then I can get up and down, its like survival mode. BUT if its to keep a A good round going then not a chance.

This is me....  I have days where I only hit 7 or 8 greens and hang around par.  I also have days where every damn time I miss the green it means automatic bogey....  frustrating.  Hard to ever get it all going in the same day these days.

Pulled(PP)pork

I played yesterday and didn't hit one damn green in regulation, not ONE!  and I didn't just barely miss, I miss by an avg of 10yrds or more.....short, left, right.

If anyone truly wants a test of their skills, come over to Jackson, and I will pay for your round of golf at The Tennessean.....transportation provided.

Disclaimer:  One Hogvillian at a time, I will not provide the aspirin or alcohol needed after said round.

Pulled out...

HoggyWayne

I wanna play Jackson National PP!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 26, 2011, 03:20:49 pm
I wanna play Jackson National PP!
we can do that too, but you pay for your own round there, lol

PP

kingofdequeen

i'll be over next weekend.  FYI.

mirimichi?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 03:25:59 pm

mirimichi?
under water, last I heard
it's part of JT's "going green" project, lol

PP

HoggyWayne

May 26, 2011, 03:48:39 pm #15 Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:50:21 pm by HoggyWayne
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 03:25:59 pm

mirimichi?

It's still shut down. I got an email from them yesterday. They are hoping to open by August. It was pretty much completely underwater. They built levees up around the clubhouse and maybe some of the greens as well. I saw a picture of one of the fairways and it was covered in silt. Good thing dick in a box has deep pockets to back it.

ps It wasn't called Big Creek for nothing.

KOD, we're having our big 2 man scramble next weekend. You need to partner up and play in it. Good times.

That goes for any of yuns.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 26, 2011, 03:48:39 pm
It's still shut down. I got an email from them yesterday. They are hoping to open by August. It was pretty much completely underwater. They built levees up around the clubhouse and maybe some of the greens as well. I saw a picture of one of the fairways and it was covered in silt. Good thing dick in a box has deep pockets to back it.

KOD, we're having our big 2 man scramble next weekend. You need to partner up and play in it. Good times.

neg.  saturday will be reserved for my little 401k's birthday shindig(s).

HoggyWayne

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2011, 04:02:17 pm
neg.  saturday will be reserved for my little 401k's birthday shindig(s).

Understood.

clutch

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 26, 2011, 03:48:39 pm

August? Damn. I was hoping to play it a few times this summer. Guess I should have played it earlier in the year when I had the chance.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: clutch on May 26, 2011, 07:36:01 pm
August? Damn. I was hoping to play it a few times this summer. Guess I should have played it earlier in the year when I had the chance.

Yeah, the email said possibly sooner. They expect to know more in a week or two. It did say the back 9 will be open sooner buy who wants to go over tere to play 9? Not I. Anyways, I hope the greens are as firm and fast when it reopens as they were preflood. That would be a great place to have a Hogville gathering of sorts.

clutch

Quote from: HoggyWayne on May 26, 2011, 09:48:59 pm
Yeah, the email said possibly sooner. They expect to know more in a week or two. It did say the back 9 will be open sooner buy who wants to go over tere to play 9? Not I. Anyways, I hope the greens are as firm and fast when it reopens as they were preflood. That would be a great place to have a Hogville gathering of sorts.

Yeah, I'm not going if it is just 9. I'll just wait it out.

razordank42

my up n down game has really got better since i take my son to the practice green so much and we knock around crap ton of balls there....never hardly visited it till now. working on his game so much

speaking of his game ...we headed to greenville miss next weeknd!!

bsking

Pitched in for Eagle on 8 today.  Then snowmanned a par 4 on 9.

That sums up my golf game.  Minus the eagle.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bsking on May 27, 2011, 12:02:49 am
Pitched in for Eagle on 8 today.  Then snowmanned a par 4 on 9.

That sums up my golf game.  Minus the eagle.
I've heard of the PBFU, but damn man.....never an Iglet to a quad+1
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

gotyacovered

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 26, 2011, 10:39:01 am
that is my up and down percentage yesterday. missed 7 greens, got up and down once. :puke: (TCC played it down)

nothing new, been doing this since 1996. just frustrating.

played it down, putted it out... up and down % at arlington on saturday was 50%. missed 8 greens, got up and down 4 times. the back was interesting...

eagled 10, 3 jacked 11, 3 jacked 12, up and down from short on 13, up and down on 14, birdied 15, 2 putt par on 16, 2 putt par on 17, had 5 iron into 18, hit it in the left green side bunker, barely got it out, then failed to get up and down for par.

Pulled(PP)pork

who knew the secret to scoring was hitting fairways and greens????  Shocked I am!!

shot the best round of the year and the best in a couple of years, ending with an 80....sad but true.  That was with 1-triple, 2-doubles, 3-birdies, 12-pars.  I hit 10/14 fairways, 12/18 gir.  I reached 2 of the par 5's in two, and had about 8 birdie opportunities (on the green regardless of distance) and converted 3.

I won't complain, will play Stonebridge friday and see it I can continue to improve.

Pulled out...

bsking

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 31, 2011, 04:37:16 am
I've heard of the PBFU, but damn man.....never an Iglet to a quad+1

Yep, that's how I roll.  #9 at the links is a reachable par 4 so I had the man-juices really flowing and decided to gear up and go for it.  Slice the hell out of it OB.  Next one buries in a fairway bunker.  Pitch out and knock it over the green.  Up and a 2 putt later and thats a good ole fashioned snowman.

razorduck9

May 31, 2011, 09:49:48 pm #27 Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:51:38 pm by razorduck9
Quote from: gotyacovered on May 31, 2011, 08:47:52 am
played it down, putted it out... up and down % at arlington on saturday was 50%. missed 8 greens, got up and down 4 times. the back was interesting...

eagled 10, 3 jacked 11, 3 jacked 12, up and down from short on 13, up and down on 14, birdied 15, 2 putt par on 16, 2 putt par on 17, had 5 iron into 18, hit it in the left green side bunker, barely got it out, then failed to get up and down for par.

That's a good round at HSCC!!! How much was it to play?

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on May 31, 2011, 09:49:48 pm
That's a good round at HSCC!!! How much was it to play?

$54.99

gotyacovered

making progress... played 18 yesterday Hope CC. had 4 scrambling attempts for par, got up and down once... greens had just been aerated and had not been mowed in a few days, so it was pretty tough conditions. considering that it wasn't bad. i missed 4-5 putts inside 4-5'. it could have been nasty low. hit 14 greens.

razorduck9

Good deal..... 

I had a pretty good day this past Saturday.  I was -7 through 32 holes.  Made 11 birdies and 4 bogeys.  I was tickled to death.....  First time I have hit the ball pretty good and scored pretty good at same time all year.

I have been struggling with not getting off to good starts for some reason this year......  I look up and I am +2 or +3 through 4 or 5 every damn time seems like.  Then settle in and play rest of round pretty good and get it back to around par or so.  It's pretty sickening.....

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on June 02, 2011, 10:49:53 am
Good deal..... 

I had a pretty good day this past Saturday.  I was -7 through 32 holes.  Made 11 birdies and 4 bogeys.  I was tickled to death.....  First time I have hit the ball pretty good and scored pretty good at same time all year.

I have been struggling with not getting off to good starts for some reason this year......  I look up and I am +2 or +3 through 4 or 5 every damn time seems like.  Then settle in and play rest of round pretty good and get it back to around par or so.  It's pretty sickening.....

11 birdies thru 32 holes is good, real good.

i shot 73, one putted 3 times in 18 holes...  :puke: started out birdie, birdie on 1 and 2 and got up and down once. breaks down like this... 14 2 putts, 3 one putts and a 3 jack

razorduck9

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 02, 2011, 11:01:19 am
11 birdies thru 32 holes is good, real good.

i shot 73, one putted 3 times in 18 holes...  :puke: started out birdie, birdie on 1 and 2 and got up and down once. breaks down like this... 14 2 putts, 3 one putts and a 3 jack

Not much fun playing on aerified slow hairy greens.....  gets pretty frustrating!!  Still pretty good round though considering.....

Yeah I was pumped...  It was at Warren (course I grew up playing).  The Pink Tomato 4 ball is this coming weekend over there so I went over and played saturday.  I told my partner for this weekend (JA) he was screwed cause I am sure I shot my wad over there Saturday.  He better be bringing his A game cause I prob wont make 5 birdies all weekend during the tourney....  used em all up!

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on June 02, 2011, 11:14:27 am
Not much fun playing on aerified slow hairy greens.....  gets pretty frustrating!!  Still pretty good round though considering.....

Yeah I was pumped...  It was at Warren (course I grew up playing).  The Pink Tomato 4 ball is this coming weekend over there so I went over and played saturday.  I told my partner for this weekend (JA) he was screwed cause I am sure I shot my wad over there Saturday.  He better be bringing his A game cause I prob wont make 5 birdies all weekend during the tourney....  used em all up!

i bet you do fine. that tourney pay cash?

razorduck9

Straight cash homey.......  Friday afternoon shootout, flights, skin game, etc all cash.

It's a good tourney.

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on June 02, 2011, 11:20:56 am
Straight cash homey.......  Friday afternoon shootout, flights, skin game, etc all cash.

It's a good tourney.

whats track like?

razorduck9

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 02, 2011, 11:22:05 am
whats track like?

Hmmm.... Prob best way to explain to you would prob be to think Prescottish without as much turtlebackness to the greens.

9 holes, treelined, not long, good greens, good layout, both par 5s are reachable with 2 good shots, lot of driver then wedges of course.  Good course to score on when you get it going and are hitting driver good, but can bite ya too at times if you get it going sideways.

Ya know, a typical South AR 9 holer.... 

razorduck9

By the way...  A putter change back to this had a lot to do with all those birdies.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: razorduck9 on June 02, 2011, 11:41:15 am
By the way...  A putter change back to this had a lot to do with all those birdies.
Is that Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan sitting up front in that thing?

PP

gotyacovered

Quote from: razorduck9 on June 02, 2011, 11:41:15 am

that is what got my ball rolling good, but i went old school. may have to drag out another old school flat stick.

kingofdequeen

my putting w/ my handmade beauty was good last weekend.

lets see if that lasts.

razorduck9

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 02, 2011, 11:46:04 am
my putting w/ my handmade beauty was good last weekend.

lets see if that lasts.

I think you should yell "konichiwa bitc$es!!" every time you make one with that Japanese flat stick!!

Glad to hear ya like it though... New putter honeymoons are fun!

razorduck9

Quote from: Pulledpork on June 02, 2011, 11:44:18 am
Is that Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan sitting up front in that thing?

PP

PP... It picks up XM radio and all the local TV channels besides FOX! The putter cover could double as a lunchbox too...

It is ugly, but puts a good roll on the ball... For now.

HognitiveDissonance

14.2%
Percentage of women not involved with Tiger Woods?