Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17th at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course...

Started by kingofdequeen, May 07, 2010, 11:17:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

how many would you dunk in the soup?

i think i could get it done in 2 shots max.  might luck out and hit it on first.

hawgtahm

With no wind, I feel confident I could hit it in 1. With wind, it may take a couple. Easy to say, I know.

billcollector

I would hit enough stick where water wouldn't be in play

kingofdequeen

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: billcollector on May 07, 2010, 12:00:16 pm
I would hit enough stick where water wouldn't be in play

Yea, but then you have to worry about it STICKING.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

alwaysondbigscreen

130 yd hole, I would hope I could hit the green the vast majority of the time, but surround it with water, have a thousand people watching me, and another several million on tv, and it might draw my sack up just a wee tad.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

kingofdequeen

selfexplanatory

Par or train wreck.  Tee shot on and two putt for par, or 1 in, 3 in, 5 in, 7 out a few feet from the hole, miss the put, tap in for 9.  Club toss in the water.  :)
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Hawgndaaz

Hawgon

17 gets all the real press but 18 for me seems to be the bitch.  You know lots of those guys are just dreading 17 the whole round.  Then they get there and the get on the green and get a birdy or a par.  Walking away from the green they are elated and feel like the weight of the world is off their shoulders.

Then, they get to 18 and see all that water up the left side right up to the fairway and the sphincter slams shut.

oldman1015

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 07, 2010, 02:39:28 pm
greens look like hell at TPC
turned it on at lunch with someone putting and thought my 5 year old had been playing with the remote.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

billcollector

Quote from: selfexplanatory on May 07, 2010, 02:18:44 pm
Par or train wreck.  Tee shot on and two putt for par, or 1 in, 3 in, 5 in, 7 out a few feet from the hole, miss the put, tap in for 9.  Club toss in the water.  :)

my luck i would have a birdie putt and while dropping back to get a read... i fall back into the lake... worst part would be, my malboros gettin soaked...

gotyacovered

Nah... Caddie would have them in HIS pocket.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Hawgon on May 07, 2010, 02:39:50 pm
17 gets all the real press but 18 for me seems to be the bitch.  You know lots of those guys are just dreading 17 the whole round.  Then they get there and the get on the green and get a birdy or a par.  Walking away from the green they are elated and feel like the weight of the world is off their shoulders.

Then, they get to 18 and see all that water up the left side right up to the fairway and the sphincter slams shut.

ding ding ding

it's one of my fav holes to watch... Ultimate risk/reward hole.
You are what you tolerate.

Wildhog

I could do it in 3.  In 1, out 2, on 3.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

billcollector

May 07, 2010, 09:32:22 pm #15 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:37:26 pm by billcollector
Your right... I would use a zero friction tee... 65 quarter and a divit repair tool a true gent gave me back in 2004

Slimgoodman

Wife took me there for my 40th B-Day. 

Birdied 16, Parred 17 with a decent crosswind and sank a 40ft triple breaker for par on 18!

I rarely mention the 22 over par I was on the first 15 holes but I left on a good note!

LamarMundane

I birdied 16, then put two balls in the water on 17.

EastexHawg

I know it's not the "real" 17th at Sawgrass, but I've played the replica hole at Tour 18 three or four times and put it on every time.

It's a 130 yard hole with a big green.  Pros going at it with the ball on a tee should hit the green 96-99% of the time.

kingofdequeen

while i agree w/ you if they were just going to the middle, that sunday spot (front right just behind the little jacuzzi bunker w/ about 20' of green behind it) is a small target for sure.

if they were going tiger style and missing to the middle, i'd agree w/ you 100%.  unless it was sergio.  and then he would blame pete dye for purposely designing the hole to mess with HIS mind.

EastexHawg

Going for the pin when it's on the front right of the green is just plain stupid unless it's Sunday, you're two shots or more behind, and you have to make a birdie. 

Hit it into the fat part of the green, two putt, take your par (birdie if you get lucky and sink a bomb), and move on.