Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown VII

Started by Hogtropolis™, March 27, 2013, 10:00:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

I can't believe it's the 7th year we have been starting these. Started right after the 2006 Championship and have had another championship in there as well.

Here's to another good year. Go Cards!

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

dhornjr1

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 27, 2013, 10:00:33 pm
I can't believe it's the 7th year we have been starting these. Started right after the 2006 Championship and have had another championship in there as well.

Here's to another good year. Go Cards!

And, not coincidentally, the championship in 2011 was the only year I have started the thread.

(pats self on back)

;D ;D ;D

pigture perfect

WHAT YOU BEEN WAITING ON THEN DHORN! Your fault we didn't win last year then.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Cards wrap Waino up through '18. Cost them 97 million more. I love it. I criticize Mo alot, but I applaud him for this one.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 28, 2013, 12:13:32 am
WHAT YOU BEEN WAITING ON THEN DHORN! Your fault we didn't win last year then.

I know. It actually did cross my mind during the NLCS last year.

Sorry. :'(

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Root66

I'm glad it really wasn't about the money with Waino.

hoghappy

Looks like me and the family are going to be at Busch April 13-14 against the Brewers. Just found out.

pigture perfect

That is awesome HH. Hope you have a good time with the kiddo's

bbates1

Mo will have a lot of work to do 2017 offseason. I like that they have locked up the core guys till then. Ready for opening night! Go Cards!

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Ray Piggers

Ray Piggers

Ray Piggers

I love Gerald Laird in that pic MckDaddy

McKdaddy

Agreed.

I love Yadi's reaction on the last out of gm 7, prior to running out to meet Motte.

pigture perfect

Awesome pics. I vote for a replay of that later this year.

The Boar War

Interesting year for the Cards.  We're about to see the results of an almost decade long project: rebuilding the farm system.  The opening day roster is (with the exception of Beltran and Holiday) made up of players who've come through the Cardinals system.

pigture perfect

Who is the face of this franchise? It's not as clear as it used to be. Would you think Yadi?

bsking

Happy Opening Day Cards fans.  I'm excited to watch your crew this year.  We'll get to see a glimpse into the future.

McKdaddy

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 01, 2013, 09:08:11 am
Who is the face of this franchise? It's not as clear as it used to be. Would you think Yadi?

and Waino.

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 01, 2013, 09:08:11 am

Yeah, I'd say Molina inherited that tag the day Pujols left.

pigture perfect

Hey McKdaddy, what does a gay bear and the world series have in common?

They won't ever have Cubs  ;D

McKdaddy

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 01, 2013, 02:32:11 pm
Hey McKdaddy, what does a gay bear and the world series have in common?

They won't ever have Cubs  ;D

Very solid. My avatar has been "in honor" of my best friend, who is a die-hard cubs fan. He's a lurker on here, but I always want him to see my feelings concerning his cubs.

HogCard

Why aren't they on espn2? 

Channel 95 isn't showing it either.

HogCard

This is bs. TV guide says espn2.

johnny cash

1 to 0 cards going to bottom 2nd.

pigture perfect

Looks like ESPN hates Cardinal fans too.

HogCard

Been avoiding the tablet thing, thinking all I needed was my phone. Cards are on the watch espn app. Need a bigger screen. iPad here I come.

It's on Comcast channel 95.

Ray Piggers

Freese, Waino, and Yadi get my vote for FOTF

Matt Carpenter.. Man, I'm glad I picked him up in my fantasy league. To me he's got the same feel Allen Craig had before last season. You just knew he was going to be a stud.

pigture perfect

Not looking good for Waino and the Cards tonight.

pigture perfect

The Cards need to have their bats shipped out west. I think they left them in St. Lou.

hoghappy

Looks like a winner tonight. Yay!

pigture perfect

Locked in a sluggers duel with the D-back tonight. 7-7 after 6.

pigture perfect

8-8 in the 12th. These west coast extra inning suck.

Ray Piggers

Our pitching scares me.

Allow a run in the bottom of the 8th, can't close it out in the 12th with a one run lead... Goodness.

clutch

Hmmmm....... Offensive explosion today. Seems familiar. Struggle to hit a few games then BAM! Hopefully that's not the case all year again. I'd much rather them be more consistent.

Ray Piggers

Nice series win at San Fran

Waino looked solid today. Hope it's not like last year where he'd be off then on, then off again. Hopefully he can be more consistent.

Our offense has been good to start the year. Other than that shutout of course, 6 or more runs in every game to start the year.

pigture perfect

Today shows why we needed to get Waino signed and sealed for a long run.

Yeah, I also agree about the offensive explosion today. Good to see.

hoghappy

Is Zack Cox still in Memphis? I don't hear much about him anymore.

bsking

Quote from: hoghappy on April 08, 2013, 09:13:56 am
Is Zack Cox still in Memphis? I don't hear much about him anymore.

He got shipped off last year for Edward Mujica.

pigture perfect

Any word on him from the Marlins organization?

bsking

pigture perfect

I meant Cox, not the Marlins.

Hate to hear it. Is he in AA BALL?

clutch

Well that sure wasn't pretty.

pigture perfect

Absolutely Ugly. Cincy is for real though dude.

hoghappy

Hogtropolis™

Horrible 9th inning. I think Cincy will be very good this year though.