Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JL in executive session now

Started by ballz2thewall, November 09, 2017, 09:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 10:17:39 am
Not if the story is about numbers fudging related to the stadium expansion.

Boom.  We have a winna!

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 09, 2017, 05:00:26 pm
Boom.  We have a winna!

Well, out with the details, because the RF is telling a different story and I doubt Varady wants to put his reputation on the line over "bogus" numbers.

sowmonella

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 09, 2017, 04:53:55 pm
so this is another 8 page nothingburger?
But....Everyone's source said it was going to happen today
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Razorbackers

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 09, 2017, 12:41:13 pm
A friend of ours had a 3.7 and 34 ACT.  Full ride from Alabama for engineering and he was offered 2k plus the lottery at Arkansas.  On the college message boards like college confidential Arkansas has a reputation of being very stingy with scholarship money.  High achieving in state kids should not have to go out of state to get a full ride.  Arkansas needs to be much more transparent with scholarships.  At most public schools in the region they will have a chart that shows what you get with a certain GPA and ACT score.  At Arkansas you have no idea what you are getting.  The loss of the 2nd tier Governor's scholarship has also hurt.  There are a lot of good in state students in that 27-31 ACT range that can't get any money at Arkansas so they go elsewhere.
It's 7 years ago for us so I don't think about it anymore but this is interesting info. Explains a lot. I won't get into specifics of what my son accomplished academically in HS but suffice it to say he was a national merit finalist/winner and got an AP award for his scores on 5 AP exams. Anyway, what he did was good enough to get a full scholarship at OU, Miss St, Alabama and Auburn. Got him about 80% scholarship at SMU and that is where he went. Arkansas gave him in-state tuition and $10K/yr leaving us to pay something around $4 or $5K annually. Miss St, Alabama and Auburn gave out full ride plus a stipend and it was all laid out in a 1 page letter he automatically got from those 3 schools when he was named a national merit finalist. We never had any contact with those schools and never did go visit since he was not interested in attending any of the 3. Our visit at Arkansas was underwhelming and they did not seem to be that interested in him.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoggish1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 10:45:04 am
They can however, strongly recommend to the Chancellor that he fire Long.

They can also terminate the Chancellor if he refuses to comply.

I don't see the latter of the 2 happening.

This is correct.  If a recommendation to fire is made, the person that's responsible to do that job better snap to it.

oldhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 09, 2017, 05:07:07 pm
It's 7 years ago for us so I don't think about it anymore but this is interesting info. Explains a lot. I won't get into specifics of what my son accomplished academically in HS but suffice it to say he was a national merit finalist/winner and got an AP award for his scores on 5 AP exams. Anyway, what he did was good enough to get a full scholarship at OU, Miss St, Alabama and Auburn. Got him about 80% scholarship at SMU and that is where he went. Arkansas gave him in-state tuition and $10K/yr leaving us to pay something around $4 or $5K annually. Miss St, Alabama and Auburn gave out full ride plus a stipend and it was all laid out in a 1 page letter he automatically got from those 3 schools when he was named a national merit finalist. We never had any contact with those schools and never did go visit since he was not interested in attending any of the 3. Our visit at Arkansas was underwhelming and they did not seem to be that interested in him.

Seems as though I recall mentioning to you some years back that SMU was not a bad choice for your son.  Likewise, my daughter was offered a similar deal, but opted for TCU (same financial support).

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 11:11:42 am
With the exception of Vanderbilt, none of the SEC schools are thought if as academic powerhouses.  Some are actually pretty good, like Florida, but that isn't their draw.

For every single SEC school besides Vanderbilt and Kentucky (basketball) the football program is the most visible and important marketing tool.  Being respectable on the field actually is really important to the school as a whole.

This is SO true and few actually understand that fact.  A good to great football program does more for academics and bringing in the $$$$ that just about anything else one can think of, especially in the SEC.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 09, 2017, 11:14:23 am
Hate to say this because I would love to have information concerning the status of Hog FB, but I think most will be saddened today because I don't think some big public announcement will be made today.  Let the "my source" post begin after we hear nothing after these meetings.

It should be clear that no BIG announcement will be made today.  That's just not how these things go.  BUT, a decision on the announcement might very well come out of this meeting.  All the ducks must be lined up...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 11:11:42 am
With the exception of Vanderbilt, none of the SEC schools are thought if as academic powerhouses.  Some are actually pretty good, like Florida, but that isn't their draw.

For every single SEC school besides Vanderbilt and Kentucky (basketball) the football program is the most visible and important marketing tool.  Being respectable on the field actually is really important to the school as a whole.

Probably depends on your major...UGa, Auburn, UA, and aTm have the best poultry science departments in the world.  (And, MSU is top notch as well.)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 12:01:38 pm
https://twitter.com/TyThomason/status/928682150991417345

Now JL is using an app to find his balls.

Sorry but no app can help him do that if there are no balls to find.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Seebs on November 09, 2017, 12:08:47 pm
Word on the street is that they made Long drink a Coke with peanuts in it.   He wept.

What, no moon pie?

Jimbob111

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 09, 2017, 10:05:15 am
Actually, from 1990-1997, the Almighty Frank oversaw the historic rate you refer.  Carry on.

5 of the 8 seasons with a losing record.

But please compare the losses. How many were 50 something to 3 blow outs? How many worse most yards given up by an Arkansas defense?

Losing sucks but losing at epic proportions is different.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

AirWarren

So. 8 pages of horse dung I'm not reading.

He must have been fired and so is B.B. 

Worked too hard today to care.

DOGALUM

Nobody fired.  Nobody even in executive session.  (Not Long anyway)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

The OTR

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 09, 2017, 06:05:53 pm
Nobody fired.  Nobody even in executive session.  (Not Long anyway)

Well was he in executive session or not?

DOGALUM

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 09, 2017, 06:33:16 pm
Well was he in executive session or not?
no.  Jeff Long was NOT in the executive session.   

MikePiazza

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 09, 2017, 11:25:51 pm
no.  Jeff Long was NOT in the executive session.

The executive session was to discuss why he will no longer be the AD sooner rather than later.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

DOGALUM

Quote from: MikePiazza on November 09, 2017, 11:30:35 pm
The executive session was to discuss why he will no longer be the AD sooner rather than later.
i get it.  Just clarifying that he was not in there.....contrary to the title of the thread.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: oldhawg on November 09, 2017, 05:18:39 pm
Seems as though I recall mentioning to you some years back that SMU was not a bad choice for your son.  Likewise, my daughter was offered a similar deal, but opted for TCU (same financial support).
Yeah, it worked out for him. Got a very nice job in Dallas after school. Earned 2 degrees in 8 semesters and cum laude grad with bit over a 3.7 gpa. Won the highest award the Econ dept gives out and he was there for the engineering school!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogFoo

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 09, 2017, 04:52:38 pm
My source said he was gonna be first to go, so perhaps, here we gooooooooooo...
people got mad yesterday when anyone said anything.  And then no one got fired publicly.  I was just passing on what a friend had told me when I shared a text,  and what had happened at AtM game.  Well, I didn't share everything that happened, but it wasn't good for Long. Haven't spoke to my friend since his text yesterday about it. So, not sure what details are yet.  I'll sure be reluctant to share any info about it in the future tho.

My personal opinion is, just because nothing was done publicly about Long yesterday, doesn't mean that plans aren't or weren't put in place for Long to be let go, step down, resign, fired,  or "finds another job" at end of season, etc,.  So, really any "source" saying Long might have been gone, or fired  and it didnt publicly happen yesterday really means nothing. Doesn't mean that what they heard wasn't true per say, just means that nothing was announced publicly.  We'll see tho. I know it sure makes anyone with any info reluctant to say anything when people attack them for just sharing any tidbits.

Again, we'll see. I'm not worried about it.  Especially if we get a good guy like Norvell to run the football team next season.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HogFoo on November 10, 2017, 09:07:49 am
people got mad yesterday when anyone said anything.  And then no one got fired publicly.  I was just passing on what a friend had told me when I shared a text,  and what had happened at AtM game.  Well, I didn't share everything that happened, but it wasn't good for Long. Haven't spoke to my friend since his text yesterday about it. So, not sure what details are yet.  I'll sure be reluctant to share any info about it in the future tho.

My personal opinion is, just because nothing was done publicly about Long yesterday, doesn't mean that plans aren't or weren't put in place for Long to be let go, step down, resign, fired,  or "finds another job" at end of season, etc,.  So, really any "source" saying Long might have been gone, or fired  and it didnt publicly happen yesterday really means nothing. Doesn't mean that what they heard wasn't true per say, just means that nothing was announced publicly.  We'll see tho. I know it sure makes anyone with any info reluctant to say anything when people attack them for just sharing any tidbits.

Again, we'll see. I'm not worried about it.  Especially if we get a good guy like Norvell to run the football team next season.
I appreciate any information brought to the board. When people come on here with information it's up to the individual to decide if it is reliable or not.People come here for clamoring for info and when someone brings it they ridicule and belittle them to no end. I don't understand it. Anyone that has information or rumors they've heard can PM me with it. I can keep a secret(as many on here can attest) and I won't ridicule you if it doesn't come to pass.