Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Have Depth Behind RWIII At RB

Started by Mike Irwin, April 30, 2017, 06:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

sowmonella

Mike have you heard an update on RWIII future?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mike Irwin

Quote from: sowmonella on May 01, 2017, 04:19:34 pm
Mike have you heard an update on RWIII future?
Nothing from the university. Just the tweet from Rawleigh.

Bacon_Bitz

The Hogs have about 750 yards of proven depth behind RWIII. The potential is there with who we have got but that's all it is at this point.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on May 02, 2017, 07:28:58 pm
The Hogs have about 750 yards of proven depth behind RWIII. The potential is there with who we have got but that's all it is at this point.
that's not bad.  we will miss RW3's physical run style, like we missed Jwill's, but we still have some good talent to work with.  Whaley is the real deal, and Maleek looks pretty fast.  That's not even counting Hammonds.

If I had to guess, we will see RW3 back.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Soooie21

DeltaBoy

Prayers continued for RWIII!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on May 02, 2017, 07:28:58 pm

Whaley steps up to primary, a new Williams steps in at #2, Juan Day gets his chance, T.J. Hammonds will wind up getting more snaps whether split out or in the backfield and Chase Hayden gets a stronger evaluation in the Summer. We will miss RWIII's experience, character and attitude, but others will be called upon to step up their game.
Go Hogs Go!

theshiva

So does the plan stay the same with TJ as a Kenyon Drake type player and Juan Day get's the 3rd pure rb spot, or does TJ get reeled back in as the 3rd while still practicing alittle bit a wr?

I sincerely hope RWIII feels good enough to play again but doesn't.  This Kid needs the opportunity live a normal life.

I remember the JWill injury and how many, including myself, didn't believe it would make a huge difference in the RB department.  Well, in my opinion now, it did make a bid difference.  RWIII will be greatly missed.  We don't currently have an experienced Collins on this team to fill the void like we did  for JWill.   We got prospects, excellent prospects.  Whaley should be a great starter but beyond that, we got nothing absolute.  Hammonds should be lightening in a bottle but his development so far hasn't been there.  We seem to be able to build one RB per season.  Last year it was Whaley.  We can hope another RB steps up quickly to assist Whaley.  Which RB can get 3 yards on 3rd & 3 or 4th & 3.  This loss hurts this team likely more than the JWill loss hurt that team.  Nothing but GOOD LUCK for RWIII but I do not wish that he comes back to football unless its as a coach at some level.  GO HOGS.

Enos I hope will re-arrange the O to fit what we got to go to battle with and I am sure he will try.  He has the Summer to think that through.

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on May 09, 2017, 08:35:02 am
I sincerely hope RWIII feels good enough to play again but doesn't.  This Kid needs the opportunity live a normal life.

I remember the JWill injury and how many, including myself, didn't believe it would make a huge difference in the RB department.  Well, in my opinion now, it did make a bid difference.  RWIII will be greatly missed.  We don't currently have an experienced Collins on this team to fill the void like we did  for JWill.   We got prospects, excellent prospects.  Whaley should be a great starter but beyond that, we got nothing absolute.  Hammonds should be lightening in a bottle but his development so far hasn't been there.  We seem to be able to build one RB per season.  Last year it was Whaley.  We can hope another RB steps up quickly to assist Whaley.  Which RB can get 3 yards on 3rd & 3 or 4th & 3.  This loss hurts this team likely more than the JWill loss hurt that team.  Nothing but GOOD LUCK for RWIII but I do not wish that he comes back to football unless its as a coach at some level.  GO HOGS.

Enos I hope will re-arrange the O to fit what we got to go to battle with and I am sure he will try.  He has the Summer to think that through.

Unfortunately his summer will be shorter this year because under new rules, fall camp begins in July.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sivad

Smart recruiting on Coach Bielema's part.

passinghog