Started by WalHog2018, November 21, 2017, 07:48:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Pecos Hog

That's pretty funny rat there!     

jgphillips3

You know, last year the positions were reversed.  I'm beginning to think we might just "Missouri" them this time.

SooieGeneris

I just saw this on saturdaydownsouth.com when reading the article about Dari Nowkhah's comments on Lil' Bo Peep today. Right below is an interesting piece:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/look-mizzou-misspells-bret-bielema-game-notes-arkansas-rivalry/

It COULD be a typo, but I can't help but think it's a little dig.

I won't make too much of it as someone who has used that title before as in "YOU can't call our coach B---, only WE can call our coach B---!"
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Ironhawg

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 11:34:56 pm
I'm sorry.  I chuckled.

You should be sorry, along with all the other "fans" who have taken the low road recently.

Idiots who fail to recognize how much our kids love Coach Bielema; fail to recognize these young men play their hearts out despite a "fan base" that latches on to this type of stuff and cement their status as the dumbest fan base in the SEC. Kids 18-22 are, I'm sure, inspired by such great "fans."

I'll be on The Hill Friday, will you?

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 22, 2017, 01:02:38 am
You should be sorry, along with all the other "fans" who have taken the low road recently.

Idiots who fail to recognize how much our kids love Coach Bielema; fail to recognize these young men play their hearts out despite a "fan base" that latches on to this type of stuff and cement their status as the dumbest fan base in the SEC. Kids 18-22 are, I'm sure, inspired by such great "fans."

It seems many have the collective intelligence of a 12 year old so there is no good in trying to be a reasonable human to some of these folks.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 22, 2017, 01:06:30 am
It seems many have the collective intelligence of a 12 year old so there is no good in trying to be a reasonable human to some of these folks.
You're exactly right. I should know better.

Makes me sick, though, that the idiots become the face of our fan base.

No matter, GO HOGS GO and WPS!!!!!

STLHogFan

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 22, 2017, 01:12:17 am

You go ahead and spend your money and watch them lose again.  Just because we want Bret gone doesn't make us idiots. 
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

rwspear

lol better wear a helmet if youre gonna be on that high horse.

get a sense of humor .

i live out of state and i wont be traveling to see the hogs on friday. i guess i should just turn over my Hog Fan Card now eh?

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 22, 2017, 01:17:09 am
You go ahead and spend your money and watch them lose again.  Just because we want Bret gone doesn't make us idiots.
Spending my money has nothing to do with it. I've given/spent for many years because I am an alum and all Hog. That aside, I care about the young men who represent the UofA and who, incidentally, seem to support CBB 100%. And it makes me sick to see some of the comments by supposed "fans."

Maybe "idiot" is the wrong characterization. I'll give you that. I'll change it to "uninformed."

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: rwspear on November 22, 2017, 01:30:40 am
lol better wear a helmet if youre gonna be on that high horse.

get a sense of humor .

i live out of state and i wont be traveling to see the hogs on friday. i guess i should just turn over my Hog Fan Card now eh?
No helmet needed and I can laugh with the best of 'em! Even laugh at myself every now and then.

Don't be so sensitive if you live out of state. Keep that Hog Card my man!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 22, 2017, 01:36:26 am
Spending my money has nothing to do with it. I've given/spent for many years because I am an alum and all Hog. That aside, I care about the young men who represent the UofA and who, incidentally, seem to support CBB 100%. And it makes me sick to see some of the comments by supposed "fans."

Maybe "idiot" is the wrong characterization. I'll give you that. I'll change it to "uninformed."

You might want to try something more appropriate like, ignorant, stupid, idiots....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Tusks

You know what happens to coaches that LOSE at historic levels?  They get fired.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

moses_007

Players won't have a coach next year that gives them peanut butter and jelly sammich's.  So sad.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2017, 03:19:01 am
Players won't have a coach next year that gives them peanut butter and jelly sammich's.  So sad.

How exactly does this connect with the topic?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 21, 2017, 11:34:56 pm
I'm sorry.  I chuckled.

Their taking shots at the University of Arkansas so  I guess it's funny now but a few weeks from now it won't be because if a different head coach?  Is that your logic?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hog911

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on November 22, 2017, 01:12:17 am

To me being a idiot is spending Ferrari prices for a Pontiac Fiero! Calling people idiots for having standard and expectations! Pathetic!

SmokinHog

I laughed, hard. All these people throwing a fit need to relax. Funny is funny. Bye bye Bert

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hog911 on November 22, 2017, 04:37:19 am
To me being a idiot is spending Ferrari prices for a Pontiac Fiero! Calling people idiots for having standard and expectations! Pathetic!

You obviously have no clue how all this works.

bp

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteSo I guess as long as the "kids" love Bert and "play their wittle hearts out for him" everything is good in your eyes? Get off your high horse. Bielema is easily one of the worst Razorback head coaches in history and fans want him gone. He deserves every shot being taken at him as he's taken almost no responsibility for this pathetic product he's put on the field.

The fact that the "kids" love him falls right in line with them celebrating horrible "wins" against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina like they just won the SEC Championship. Bielema has taken this program to a place where the team celebrates wildly over a 1 point win to the worst Sun Belt team instead of expecting to compete for the conference. He can't be gone fast enough and this program and the "kids" will be all the better for it.

Couldn't have said it better.

I watch most of the games on TV with a father that is in his 80's and has been a hog fan since the 50's.  It's been a different feeling coming to the family home for a Saturday match up against any number of SEC opponents you know will either blow us out and embarrass the entire State, or we'll manage to lose a close one in embarrassing fashion due to any number of missed assignments, ridiculous play calls in critical situations, another special teams blunder, not even knowing the basics like which players should start, etc. etc.

I have no sympathy at all for Bert.  I just hope the damage he has done to this historically proud football program can be repaired and we can bounce back from his incompetency.

If they could figure out a way to keep him from getting one penny of severance money, I would be all for it. 
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PORKULATOR

Hog fans calling him Bert should be drawn and Quartered. I've been very adement about this.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

IronMountainHog

This thread needs feminine napkins and tampons. Time to get out your Snuggie, call your girls over, and have a good group cry.

007 License To Squeal

"A rose by any other name is just as sweet"- W.S.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Potosihog

I don't call him Bert.  I would imagine the media guide for the game is a typo.  When a team is as bad as we are it becomes unpopular to trash talk.  Odom allowed it (may have encouraged it) last year when his team was the underdog and needed something to light a fire.  It worked.  I'm confident he will not allow it this year as it would be like picking on a kid in a wheelchair.

However, if ya'll think all the players on this team love CBB and are playing their hearts out for him you are out of your mind.  Some of them, yes!  But the closer we get to the end the more apparent it is that some (maybe even many) players and former players will be happy to see a change in the head coach office.

jkstock04

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 22, 2017, 06:29:35 am

Couldn't have said it better.

I watch most of the games on TV with a father that is in his 80's and has been a hog fan since the 50's.  It's been a different feeling coming to the family home for a Saturday match up against any number of SEC opponents you know will either blow us out and embarrass the entire State, or we'll manage to lose a close one in embarrassing fashion due to any number of missed assignments, ridiculous play calls in critical situations, another special teams blunder, not even knowing the basics like which players should start, etc. etc.

I have no sympathy at all for Bert.  I just hope the damage he has done to this historically proud football program can be repaired and we can bounce back from his incompetency.

If they could figure out a way to keep him from getting one penny of severance money, I would be all for it. 
The danger is the longer we hang on to and have hung on to Bielema the more this becomes the "norm" for Arkansas football. Bielema has taken us to where we used to be on par with the South Carolina's and Mississippi states of the conference to where we are now solidly hanging out with Vandy and Kentucky. A 5 win Mizzou team coming to Fayetteville is favored by 10 plus points but he's a nice guy who deserves a standing applaud for his effort. Looney toons.

It's insane so many of our fans have enjoyed this stretch with so much optimism. It's been miserable.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Athog

Yeap I will be there!!

M L (bassplayer)

We will be there.

HardCore

Idiots who fail to recognize how much our kids love Coach Bielema; fail to recognize these young men play their hearts out despite a "fan base" that latches on to this type of stuff and cement their status as the dumbest fan base in the SEC.

That's a little uncalled for.......No different than any other Fan base in the SEC.  Same arguments on CBB could also be made for Sumlin, McElwain, and Jones.  If BAMA was going through this with CBB......they'd be burning his yard, setting "For Sale" signs on his street, signing him up for Jenny Craig, on and on......remember DeBose and Shula?

Our fan base has really been pretty mello with CBB, because most fans on this board (including the darksiders) and around the state REALLY wanted and rooted for him to succeed.  Unfortunately, there has been no signs that it is going to get any better with him in the foreseeable future.  Therefore, it is time to move on to another Era.....that's all.   

It's like having a contractor that is not doing a good job on your home or thumbs around and doesn't show up timely, thus taking too long to finish.......do you keep paying him and wait it out for a finish to a mediocre job or do you cut him loose and move on to the next guy? 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

ChitownHawg

I don't think wanting him gone was what he was referring when he said fans were idiots. He was referring to things like your avatar.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

TDHawgs

The biggest rivalry in college football and probably only 30,000 will show up to watch it.. smh

Tiredofhogssucking

Strange response for someone saying they chuckled.  I thought a forum was a place we could gather to exchange our views.

Misspelling CBB first name, by an opposing team, before this forced rivalry game is kind of funny.  It seems to me Mizzou is trying to fuel the rivalry.  Last year it was some LB talking crap before the game...and then getting his teammates to help him back it up. 

This team maybe 100% behind CBB...but they have a funny way of showing it.  It sure isn't evident by their actual play. 

HF#1

The fella that actually made the typo apologized on Twitter, said it was an honest mistake. I still think it was purposeful.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Tiredofhogssucking

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 22, 2017, 06:50:57 am
The danger is the longer we hang on to and have hung on to Bielema the more this becomes the "norm" for Arkansas football. Bielema has taken us to where we used to be on par with the South Carolina's and Mississippi states of the conference to where we are now solidly hanging out with Vandy and Kentucky. A 5 win Mizzou team coming to Fayetteville is favored by 10 plus points but he's a nice guy who deserves a standing applaud for his effort. Looney toons.

It's insane so many of our fans have enjoyed this stretch with so much optimism. It's been miserable.

This is 100% true.  We all saw the apathy towards the basketball program.  Look how long it has taken the basketball attendance to partially recover.  Football is headed in the wrong direction as we're about to open a newly expanded stadium.

What we have today is an extremely bad brand of football. Offense, Defense, Special teams. There is nothing we are currently doing that is working.  Five years is enough time to build a foundation for a strong team. It's now the end of year 5 and from what I'm watching. We're not very good at anything. 

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

lakecityhog

You are exactly right calling BB names and commenting on his weight or, if he has one, a drinking problem isn't what makes people like you idiots! Most of you were idiots before he got here and will be after he leaves!

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Ironhawg

Are you going to be able to come down off your high horse and  deign to mingle with us common idiots?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Would be a nice last "karma" from "Bert's" team if they go on to beat mizzou this Friday.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 22, 2017, 04:23:06 am
Their taking shots at the University of Arkansas so  I guess it's funny now but a few weeks from now it won't be because if a different head coach?  Is that your logic?

I chuckled because this game is supposed to be our rivalry game and someone from the other side made a little dig at our coach.  He now claims it was an honest mistake, but I think the truth is more likely that he did it intentionally to stir up the Arkansas fans.  Yes, I think it is funny.  Two sides going at each other in preparation for game day.  I thought that was part of the spectacle that made it fun.  I guess I was wrong.
Go back and look through my previous posts.  I seriously doubt you'll find an instance where I referred to Bielema as Bert or Fat Bert or any of the other nicknames his detractors have applied to him.  I'm trying to keep my sense of humor in this mess.  Some folks around here have long since lost theirs.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Silver Hog

Bert. Rats I should have trademarked it!

Silver Hog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 22, 2017, 06:36:52 am
Hog fans calling him Bert should be drawn and Quartered. I've been very adement about this.
adamant

d3maybe

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 22, 2017, 07:49:42 am
I don't think wanting him gone was what he was referring when he said fans were idiots. He was referring to things like your avatar.

100% agree... nobody on this board is advocating keeping Bielema after this year. I sure hope everybody wanted him and the Hogs to succeed though. He hasn't therefore the UofA is doing whats normal and firing him for not performing... I just don't get the hate and vitriol and utter classlessness with people though. Do you guys really think he had some covert mission to destroy Arkansas football? Or did it just turn out he was over his head in building up a program that was down? I'm sure a lot of the players love playing for him... lots of players loved playing for Petrino too but he was a complete ass... having played college sports I'm also sure its probably more about loving and being proud to be a Razorback than anything else and to me the players deserve a classier acting fan base... they have already been embarrassed on the field, do they really need it from us too?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: d3maybe on November 22, 2017, 12:00:30 pm
100% agree... nobody on this board is advocating keeping Bielema after this year. I sure hope everybody wanted him and the Hogs to succeed though. He hasn't therefore the UofA is doing whats normal and firing him for not performing... I just don't get the hate and vitriol and utter classlessness with people though. Do you guys really think he had some covert mission to destroy Arkansas football? Or did it just turn out he was over his head in building up a program that was down? I'm sure a lot of the players love playing for him... lots of players loved playing for Petrino too but he was a complete ass... having played college sports I'm also sure its probably more about loving and being proud to be a Razorback than anything else and to me the players deserve a classier acting fan base... they have already been embarrassed on the field, do they really need it from us too?

And you've seen a lot during the 2 whole days you've been registered?

d3maybe

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 22, 2017, 12:10:39 pm

Wow... your awesome... did you steal a picture of that Airforce patch in your avatar from your Dad? Because that was an extremely juvenile post not something I would expect from a professional.

What, I don't have insight because I've only been registered on the damn Jerry Springer show for 2 days???

And for the record I have been registered on this board for a very long time... recently deleted my account because of all the complete dumbassery around here.  I came back ironically for the exact same reason, I have to stand with all the Hog Fans on here who TRY to voice reason even though we know people like you are going to let it whistle in one ear and out the other.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 22, 2017, 12:10:39 pm
So razorback fandom is only legit once you are registered on HV?

d3maybe

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 22, 2017, 12:35:33 pm
So razorback fandom is only legit once you are registered on HV?

Apparently...

I've been rootin hog since 74 but I don't know s*** about anything because I haven't been on HV. That really explains A LOT if you get to thinking about it.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: d3maybe on November 22, 2017, 12:25:35 pm
Wow... your awesome... did you steal a picture of that Airforce patch in your avatar from your Dad? Because that was an extremely juvenile post not something I would expect from a professional.

What, I don't have insight because I've only been registered on the damn Jerry Springer show for 2 days???

And for the record I have been registered on this board for a very long time... recently deleted my account because of all the complete dumbassery around here.  I came back ironically for the exact same reason, I have to stand with all the Hog Fans on here who TRY to voice reason even though we know people like you are going to let it whistle in one ear and out the other.

Cool your jets, Hotshot.  I asked a simple question. Some of you people are offended by such small things......