Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHY WAS BIELEMA NOT FIRED?!?!?

Started by Tyrant Hog, November 20, 2017, 12:29:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbville

WHY ARE SO MANY ANIMALS DELICIOUSLY FRIED?!?!?

PossumFan

This thread reminds me of a poster I had on my wall when I was a teenager. Two vultures are sitting on a limb and one is telling the other: "Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something!"

lawhawg20

Relatively new to Hogville?  Should Bielema be fired?  I haven't seen any threads on the topic...

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogginbama on November 20, 2017, 03:25:12 pm
How many of you guys would absolutely crap a brick and seriously contemplate suicide if he was retained for another year? I would laugh so damn hard you would hear it from down here in Bama-Land.

You would laugh because the Hogs got stuck with a coach who is 1-9 in his last ten games against P5 opponents?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: PossumFan on November 20, 2017, 03:31:42 pm
This thread reminds me of a poster I had on my wall when I was a teenager. Two vultures are sitting on a limb and one is telling the other: "Patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something!"
Your poster reminded me of a joke I heard. An old bull and a young bull were standing on a cliff overlooking a meadow when a couple of cows came walking into it. The young bull started getting excited, saying "let's go down there and screw those two cows!". The old bull smiled at him and said "how about we wait for a couple of minutes to give the rest of the cows a chance to get into the meadow, and then we can go down there and screw all of them!"

This thread felt like the right place for an inane joke.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Athog

Quote from: Tyrant Hog on November 20, 2017, 12:29:09 pm
ucla fired mora and he was nfl and bielema with his stupid coaches are still in fayetteville

Relax dude! Many things are in play that we do not know so just relax and let them happen. You have your 5 min of fame now cool off!

_Hamlet_

Quote from: lawhawg20 on November 20, 2017, 03:33:18 pm
Relatively new to Hogville?  Should Bielema be fired?  I haven't seen any threads on the topic...

lol

_Hamlet_

Quote from: Athog on November 20, 2017, 04:54:07 pm
Relax dude! Many things are in play that we do not know so just relax and let them happen. You have your 5 min of fame now cool off!

Wait, we haven't fired him?!?!?!

HeyHogs

Because he is a decent human being and deserves to be treated as one.  I hope that he does not get fired now just for you.  ;)

Hogs-n-Roses

It would be politically incorrect.  I've said this many times. This is not his fault. He did do some unnecessary mouth running early on but he was a bad fit that an unprepared AD who was out of his league tried to fit into a round hole. I wish him and his new family the best of luck. Long and John White can suck it. They nearly tanked our university. Thank God for old razorbacks!

PharmacistHog

ucla fired mora and he was nfl and bielema with his stupid coaches are still in fayetteville

I completely agree.  If mora was nfl and got fired, surely we can fire a guy who was big10. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 12:40:09 pm
Simple answer. Because we don't need to fire him to secure the coach we want, and the powers that be aren't vindictive enough to fire him simply to stick it in his face.

All in due time.

I would fire him at this point just for fun.  POS
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

WaltKowalski

Fire BB and damage his stock? Thats just dumb. Let someone take him off our hands and save us some cash.   

Pork Twain

Not sure why all of the outrage.  What does firing him now vs at the end of the season do for us?  Answer, NOTHING!
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hoggish1

Because there is no need to do it just yet.  Relax and smell the coffee...

DeltaBoy

Just relax and enjoy Thanksgiving cause Long is Gone and our Pig Farmer Coach will be gone soon enough!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 20, 2017, 09:50:32 pm
Just relax and enjoy Thanksgiving cause Long is Gone and our Pig Farmer Coach will be gone soon enough!

And all will be well in dixie!
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hogwild

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bielema-hopes-arkansas-remains-constant-amid-sec-turnover-221255637--ncaaf.html

AP article on the situation

QuoteInterim athletic director Julie Cromer Peoples offered few insights about Bielema's future over the weekend, but she did say that there ''are a lot of people who are weighing in on the decisions that they believe are pending.''

For his part, Bielema is planning to coach this week like any other during his tenure at Arkansas. He is scheduled to fly out of Fayetteville on Saturday night to hit the recruiting trail, though even he acknowledged the possibility that those plans might fall through after the Missouri game.

''If things change, that's obviously something I've got to deal with,'' Bielema said.

Bielema said it would benefit Arkansas to remain ''constant'' in football with coaching vacancies already at Tennessee and Florida, with more expected following the season.

He also brought up how schools such as Michigan State, Mississippi State and Notre Dame struggled through lackluster seasons a year ago, and how they kept their coaches - with bounce-back years taking place this season.

''Now, I didn't have the prior success, I get it,'' Bielema said. ''But what we took over, what we built and what's coming back is a very exciting time.''

JaketheSnake

Besides Wins, CBB has been good for the UofA.  It's a business decision and nothing personal.  No need to make a spectacle of him and we gain nothing by canning him early.

majp51

Well let us presume for a moment that the rumors about Malzahn are actually true? CGM is not going to say or do anything officially until at least after the Iron Bowl, so why not let CBB coach out the string?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 20, 2017, 12:43:26 pm
I wanted him fired long ago.but i can wait a few more days. i just want him out of here. just like Jeff Long was fired.i don't care if he is fired or leaves on his own.i just want him gone.we need a coach in football,like the one we have in basketball.Gus or Norvell,would be fine with me.

I want FCJ for AD! He gets it! And he's a real hogfan!

Swestwill66

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 03:16:32 pm
If he resigns and gets another job you don't have to pay his buyout. That's one possible explanation. Another is that until they are ready to announce his replacement why do they need to fire him? He said he was going to be recruiting on Saturday. To me that would be a good thing if you're not ready to name his replacement.
How awkward is that ? Going to a recruit's house and telling him and his family that he wants him to come play for for him at Arkansas. When everyone in the country knows he won't be here next year.

Athog

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 20, 2017, 01:49:44 pm
How do you know they want him for their last game?  From how I've seen this fat arse joke handle the personnel on this team, I'd be willing to bet quit a few of them will be very happy to see him go!

Because they have more class than you!

Memhogs

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 20, 2017, 12:37:00 pm
Why does he need to be fired before this coming weekend?  Let's say you fire him and make Rhoads the interim after the 2-5 start.  He pulls out wins against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina, loses to LSU, then Mississippi State gives us three TDs and we win that one.  All of a sudden he is 3-1 going into the Missouri game and people around the country are saying if he wins he deserves the job for next year.

Why paint yourself into a corner?  That's how LSU ended up with Orgeron.  He has a decent record in a weak SEC this year, but long term they are going to regret it.

This
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.