Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonder the impact on Ole Misses current commits

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 29, 2016, 01:54:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2016, 02:24:26 pm
This makes me so happy
How does that feel? Most of us have considered this must be your first experience with that particular emotion.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PorkRinds

Like I just said on MMQB, all we can really hope for is them losing a few commits based on the looming violations.  I doubt the NCAA is going to actually do anything.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

a0ashle

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2016, 02:22:45 pm
Im sure they have been investigating since the Tougheys(SP) hand delivered them a 5 star LT.

Hugh Freeze was his HS coach wasn't he?

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

southarkhog06

azhog10

Please let it result in loss of scholarships this year......Doubtful, but hopeful.

presidenthog

This makes me so happy
this day is sooo great!!! first good news on fulton, we get a commit, and Ole Miss gets allegations levied against them.

DCimport

NCAA is so weak. Nothing will come of this.   

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 29, 2016, 02:26:34 pm
That's tough:

Mississippi Valley State will get the death penalty over this.

Would anyone know if they got it?

dhizzle

Thats just hope it is something real bad. A lot of times it is weak violations and the school gets to impose their own penalties which is weird in the first place.

Paul

Quote from: Surfing8 on January 29, 2016, 02:01:26 pm
NCAA is upset with an SEC team??

This is usually when a Southern Miss or Tulane ought to be really nervous.
If it were FL, AU,Bama,LSU or UGA, I'd expect a slap on the wrists.  However the big boys will want to push OM or other smaller programs back down where they think the rest of the SEC belongs

jjdlc

Quote from: azhog10 on January 29, 2016, 02:37:09 pm
Please let it result in loss of scholarships this year......Doubtful, but hopeful.

The hearing won't be for 90 days, and who knows how long before the ncaa passes judgement.  They might lose some commits for this cycle, but I doubt it.  Now, if next year it is looking like they may face a post season ban or something, then it will hurt them.  As many rumors are floating around out there, I won't be surprised if the NCAA doesn't dig up some more violations before its all said and done.

factchecker

Whorn commit talking to his fellow texans:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How many favors Ole Miss really doing?! 🤔🤔🤔 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StayInState?src=hash">#StayInState</a></p>&mdash; Jean Delance (@JeanDelance74) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeanDelance74/status/693167914266923008">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

Love the hog fan who replies:

"Come to Arkansas! We don't cheat! And we still beat TX 31-7. WPS🐗"
::hornsdown::  :razorback:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Ole Miss fans are going after big Skip on twitter b/c of this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lol saw that one coming 🐗</p>&mdash; Dan Skipper (@DanSkipper70) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanSkipper70/status/693167817219133441">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jboler96

Yeah its always seemed strange to me how he started getting top 5 recruiting classes or ten as soon as he stepped on campus. Figured this was coming

Fort Dweller

This makes me so happy

Do believe this is the first time I've seen you happy in awhile.  😂
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

southarkhog06

HogFansReunited

Hmm.... didn't see this coming (heavy sarcasm)
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

DCimport

Quote from: factchecker on January 29, 2016, 02:50:22 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lol saw that one coming </p>&mdash; Dan Skipper (@DanSkipper70) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanSkipper70/status/693167817219133441">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

Dan actually took an official visit to oxford and then committed to us 4 days later. I remember it lke yesterday.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 02:52:55 pm
http://nafoom.yuku.com/forums/1/Official-message-board-of-THE-School-Up-North#.VqvRvPkrLDc

After checking out a couple of other boards the last couple of days, I have to say we're pretty blessed with this one.  That and the Mizzou board are both TERRIBLE!

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2016, 02:56:59 pm
Gracias.

What's crazy is I saw a news interview with former Duke basketball star Jay Williams even though its a different sport and he talked about how corrupt the NCAA is. He said players getting paid by boosters is nothing new.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:59:16 pm
After checking out a couple of other boards the last couple of days, I have to say we're pretty blessed with this one.  That and the Mizzou board are both TERRIBLE!

Awful. I know why Mizzouman and the Reb fans post here so much,
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 02:57:15 pm
Awful. I know why Mizzouman and the Reb fans post here so much,

No kidding.  And on the nafoom board, when you click on a post it brings up a thread, just like these.  but the layout of the forums when you first click is terrible.

thebignasty

The Hawg Marshal

They are convinced it's for womens track and basketball. I have no idea if they are right or not, but knowing the NCAA I wouldn't doubt it. I still think that they are rotten.

dhizzle

Love the statement by Ole Miss

"We are working hard to seek a resolution to this matter." Which means the sports that no one pays attention to will get the death penalty or they throw some money to the NCAA.

He also said he is confident in his coaches and staff on how they handle their programs. Well obviously someone somewhere did something wrong.

southarkhog06

If we ever get hammered with legit violations, and I come on here in a delusional state of denial like the BlackBear fans, show me this post and tell me to quit being a pansy and take my medicine.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:04:43 pm
Love the statement by Ole Miss

"We are working hard to seek a resolution to this matter." Which means the sports that now pays attention to will get the death penalty or they throw some money to the NCAA.

He also said he is confident in his coaches and staff on how they handle their programs. Well obviously someone somewhere did something wrong.

So they are working hard to find the person at NCAA HQs to pay off. Got it.

Hog Waller

Quote from: factchecker on January 29, 2016, 02:50:22 pm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lol saw that one coming 🐗</p>&mdash; Dan Skipper (@DanSkipper70) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanSkipper70/status/693167817219133441">January 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

Quote from: DCimport on January 29, 2016, 02:56:37 pm
Dan actually took an official visit to oxford and then committed to us 4 days later. I remember it lke yesterday.

I wonder what Dan knows about the shady operations at Oxfart   ???

southarkhog06

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 03:05:11 pm
just makes me  :puke:

The Hawg Marshal

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 03:05:11 pm

Will they have to take an official visit?

dhizzle

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabauch 53m53 minutes ago

Possibly allegations at Ole miss include free Red Lobster, given motor scooters, and thousand of dollars worth of gift cards

PorkRinds

greenie

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 29, 2016, 03:10:33 pm
They won't lose a single recruit.

I need to hear more, but I tend to agree.  I doubt they lose anyone.

Some of their best recruits are already enrolled (not that this prevents a change, but it makes it harder).

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:11:45 pm

Possibly allegations at Ole miss include free Red Lobster, given motor scooters, and thousand of dollars worth of gift cards

Now that we got the school's violations out of the way, what about the booster's. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:11:45 pm

Gift Cards...... Interesting way of doing it.

As for the Red Lobster, well... Depends on which one you're going to.

jackflash

I don't think it will hurt their recruiting all this year. Depends on what the NCAA knows or can prove. I am not saying their cheating but they are recruiting really good.

GalaHawg

Hopefully, they will be banned from post-season play for a few years. That'll bring them down to their normal levels.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GalaHawg on January 29, 2016, 03:14:36 pm
Hopefully, they will be banned from post-season play for a few years. That'll bring them down to their normal levels.

Knows he can't sustain 9-10 win seasons without top 5 classes.

dhizzle

SEC Football new
‏@SECFootballnew

Only a few of NCAA's 'roughly 30' Ole Miss allegations concern football, per sources - SB Nation http://dlvr.it/KLzvSS

yraciv

Did you see the visitors list for Ole Miss this weekend?
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Visits

Damn! This should make things interesting.

Wildhog

Quote from: yraciv on January 29, 2016, 03:23:53 pm
Did you see the visitors list for Ole Miss this weekend?
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Visits

Damn! This should make things interesting.

That's just obscene.
1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 03:23:35 pm
That's just obscene.

And they've already got like 22 committed, 8 already enrolled. Freeze planning to start throwing greyshirts at guys?