Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonder the impact on Ole Misses current commits

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 29, 2016, 01:54:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dhizzle

From what i'm gathering on the interweb secondary violations for Freezes staff and Nutts staff might have the bigger violations. The other sports might be worse. We will just have to way and see its a bunch of reporters with "sources" I've learned from hogville there a very few good sources. I kinda figured it would be blamed on other sports and not so much football.

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: yraciv on January 29, 2016, 03:27:23 pm
And they've already got like 22 committed, 8 already enrolled. Freeze planning to start throwing greyshirts at guys?

Until you when a NC it is hard to throw out the greyshirt.  Hell they can't even win a conference championship much less a division. 

Wildhog

Wouldn't be surprised if this actually helps their recruiting.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: yraciv on January 29, 2016, 03:23:53 pm
Did you see the visitors list for Ole Miss this weekend?
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Visits

Damn! This should make things interesting.

They just waited til the last weekend to host everyone?

Hoggish1

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 29, 2016, 03:38:40 pm
They just waited til the last weekend to host everyone?

Looks like that will cost $12,000 and some scooters.

hawginbigd1

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2016, 03:41:06 pm
Looks like that will cost $12,000 and some scooters.

I'd go just for the Red Lobster.

Whiskeyhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 29, 2016, 03:38:54 pm
So the NCAA is alive?

Ole Miss is the perfect school to show the NCAA is alive.  They are receiving attention nationally but don't have the backing that some of the bigger schools have to make the NCAA look foolish. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on January 29, 2016, 02:20:03 pm
Finally, goodness. I like the school but a bit ridiculous recently.

Wait, you like what school?  Please enlighten us about which school you like...

Hoggish1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2016, 02:24:45 pm

My main thing was that I was never convinced it was Freeze that was directly cheating. I never mentioned boosters or bagmen. Whether Freeze knew about it or not, I don't know, nor does anyone else here. Nor does the NCAA, hence the investigation. When a verdict comes out, let me know.

Translation: The NCAA doesn't know if anyone's cheating, so they will investigate to find out.  Look out everybody, everywhere...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm
SEC Football new
‏@SECFootballnew

Only a few of NCAA's 'roughly 30' Ole Miss allegations concern football, per sources - SB Nation http://dlvr.it/KLzvSS

What I expect.  Nothing of consequence will happen to OM football. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:32:13 pm
Like I just said on MMQB, all we can really hope for is them losing a few commits based on the looming violations.  I doubt the NCAA is going to actually do anything.

I'm going to hope the NCAA finally does something and it drags on and on.  When they finally get around to finding out what they will, the investigation will cut their recruiting down to the place it should historically be—in the toilet...

Hoggish1

Quote from: DCimport on January 29, 2016, 02:38:56 pm
NCAA is so weak. Nothing will come of this.   

NCAA is so weak, it took them this long to finally figure it out.

See, how much more positive that is?

Wildhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 29, 2016, 03:51:52 pm
What I expect.  Nothing of consequence will happen to OM football. 

Hugh Freeze will use this to rally the recruits.  This will help them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: GalaHawg on January 29, 2016, 03:14:36 pm
Hopefully, they will be banned from post-season play for a few years. That'll bring them down to their normal levels.

Maybe when the NCAA is finally done, that huge Sugar Bowl win will disappear, too...

duckman

Everyone is downplaying this, which IMO means this is the tip of the iceberg....

MissippHog

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: davispard on January 29, 2016, 02:05:10 pm
Don't worry, Southern Miss is up the proverbial creek without a paddle or a canoe!!!
And that's without even having a HC!!

ChiTown27

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 29, 2016, 04:00:04 pm
They have to be kidding.  Shows Crootapalooza football holding two fists full of cash...  Yeah, that's cool!  Go for it, Col. Reb...
That's what Miss Stake refers to them as. . . It's probably a Miss Stake prank.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

dhizzle

Quote from: duckman on January 29, 2016, 04:05:50 pm
Everyone is downplaying this, which IMO means this is the tip of the iceberg....

Yep twitter is alive with ole miss already knew, the old football staff did it. I guess the other sports recieved gift cards and scooters and it was no where near the football program.

hogsfan31

Every year we see this and every year the NCAA does nothing. I'll wait until there's word the NCAA will grow a pair. Although, the thought of them hammering Ole Mis is awesome.

HogNDas

Looks like it all dates back to HDN...   :(   With maybe something to do with Tunsil....but as I recall that did not involve the staff, just a local used car dealer....But, you never know, it could sway some 4*'s our way!  WPS.

dhizzle

A source at Ole Miss told FOX Sports that the Rebels football program took some measures to self-sanction itself in regard to scholarships given out in 2015 in the wake of the NCAA allegations.

Self-sanction is ridiculous what the hell does the NCAA do? If you catch a school doing something they are not suppose to do you hand out the penalties.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2016, 03:05:45 pm
If we ever get hammered with legit violations, and I come on here in a delusional state of denial like the BlackBear fans, show me this post and tell me to quit being a pansy and take my medicine.
Come to think of it what DID happen to the big, bad, bold "Black Bear" campaign of four or five years ago? You know: where we apparently felt it necessary to bow to pressure from certain quarters to change the "racist" mascot name. Gosh, I know change can be hard; however, since that blip that lasted all of about two weeks the Rebel name has come back stronger than ever. Then again for me it doesn't really matter; they'll forever be known as (apologies if I offend anyone) the Retards.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 03:05:11 pm
So they are working hard to find the person at NCAA HQs to pay off. Got it.
Yeah, you're right. Their idea of a "resolution" is to spread some of that cash over to the NCAA folks. After all, they need some "loving" too.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:11:45 pm
Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabauch 53m53 minutes ago

Possibly allegations at Ole miss include free Red Lobster, given motor scooters, and thousand of dollars worth of gift cards
Red Lobster?! Heck, I thought Winston had all those crab legs covered when he was over at FSU. Who the heck knew he actually left some for OM Retards  ???

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm
SEC Football new
‏@SECFootballnew

Only a few of NCAA's 'roughly 30' Ole Miss allegations concern football, per sources - SB Nation http://dlvr.it/KLzvSS
Well if indeed most of the alleged allegations had to do with programs other than football I believe all those benevolent donors should ask for a refund for not receiving true value for their efforts.

Hambunctious

Awesome timing on the news.  It couldn't have come at a worse time for OM.  Love it!
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 29, 2016, 01:53:53 pm
If we don't get Porter, Pennamon is still available  ;D
Just saw a SEC Coutry article about Pennamon earlier this week about him lookin at Alabama and he didn't sound like he was very committed to Ole Miss still.

Mike_e

Wait, there is cheating going on at ol' missery?

I'm shocked, shocked do you hear?

Round up the usual suspects!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Smokehouse

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 04:12:25 pm
Yep twitter is alive with ole miss already knew, the old football staff did it. I guess the other sports recieved gift cards and scooters and it was no where near the football program.

What booster is going to set up a scooter and red lobster racket for women's track? I'd say the more likely scenario is they're working very hard to keep the football stuff covered up, the benefits started working their way outward towards other sports and people weren't as careful about hiding the paper trail for the non-revenue generating sports.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hog N Bama

January 29, 2016, 05:00:42 pm #135 Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:01:37 pm by Hog N Bama

WOW...there is no way that many stars hang over Mississippi. I mean could that be any more obvious??? ???

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 29, 2016, 05:00:42 pm
WOW...there is no way that many stars hang over Mississippi. I mean could that me any more obvious??? ???

You would think that Ole Miss would shun a few of these kids just to keep from being so obvious.

Smokehouse

Not just this weekend, but going back as far as the page shows. The two guys who are the only recruits below a four star to make it in since October must feel privileged to make the cut...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

longpig

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 29, 2016, 02:07:41 pm
On another note, that board is atrocious

no kiddn, Mizzou's biggest enemies are its fans.
Don't be scared, be smart.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:00:36 pm
It was a mod I think.  KevinOMRebel maybe?  Can't remember.

Much ado about nothing.  Go listen to the ESPN report.  Most of this is women's basketball.   We might lose a scholly or two next year.   All secondary.  It's killing MSU.   They were hoping something awful to take the focus off their horrible class. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: KevinOMReb on January 29, 2016, 06:39:40 pm
Much ado about nothing.  Go listen to the ESPN report.  Most of this is women's basketball.   We might lose a scholly or two next year.   All secondary.  It's killing MSU.   They were hoping something awful to take the focus off their horrible class.

We were just hoping ya'll would finally have gotten caught.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KevinOMReb on January 29, 2016, 06:39:40 pm

I want to see you say it. "Yes, we cheated". Minimize it all day, but at least admit it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 06:44:17 pm
I want to see you say it. "Yes, we cheated". Minimize it all day, but at least admit it.

Good luck with that.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 06:42:41 pm
We were just hoping ya'll would finally have gotten caught.

So was Mississippi State.  Go look at their commit list and you'll see why.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: KevinOMReb on January 29, 2016, 06:44:37 pm
So was Mississippi State.  Go look at their commit list and you'll see why.

So you came on here to laugh with Hog fans about Mississippi State being upset that you all didn't get busted on major infractions?

That's legit.

So come on out Bulldog haters and have a party with Kevin about Ole Pi$$'s successes and MSUs failures on the recruiting trail.........................

I see that gaining a following.

XavierZane

There's no denying that the world of track/field recruiting is a cutthroat business. 

And I'm sure we've all followed the inexplicable and meteoric rise of the Ole Miss Women's Basketball team (currently sitting at 10-10, 2-5). 

But I still can't help but be suspicious about the ole, inconsequential football program. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: XavierZane on January 29, 2016, 06:57:55 pm
There's no denying that the world of track/field recruiting is a cutthroat business. 

And I'm sure we've all followed the inexplicable and meteoric rise of the Ole Miss Women's Basketball team (currently sitting at 10-10, 2-5). 

But I still can't help but be suspicious about the ole, inconsequential football program.

I can't help but be suspicious of the intelligence of the BoT that would hire Dale after his "audition" at Arkansas.

Or hire a Defensive Line Coach to install a West Coast offense.

Nothing ever surprises me about Ole Miss.

HogNDas

https://olemiss.n.rivals.com/news/sources-nothing-new-in-ncaa-probe-of-ole-miss-athletics 

Sounds like OM should NOT have angered the Crimson giant....SEC has to have some gimme wins.   When OM & Vandy & KY start winning, time to "snuff them out"....BAMA, LSU, AUB, UGA can't make it to the playoffs with 2 losses....
Watch out CBB, we may be next!!!....

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 06:47:48 pm
So you came on here to laugh with Hog fans about Mississippi State being upset that you all didn't get busted on major infractions?

That's legit.

So come on out Bulldog haters and have a party with Kevin about Ole Pi$$'s successes and MSUs failures on the recruiting trail.........................

I see that gaining a following.

LOL!

BTW, I see duckman ain't the only one that out kicked his coverage!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 29, 2016, 07:26:48 pm
LOL!

BTW, I see duckman ain't the only one that out kicked his coverage!

Frequently and often before I got married. Just took grandpa's advice and found one that can manage money, keep a good house, and raise kids properly.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that she's hawt.