Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA finally going after Old P!$$

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 29, 2016, 01:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: longpig on January 29, 2016, 02:44:55 pm
Based on what, do you know the severity and scope of the violations?

Based on the fact that it's reportedly from a previous coaching staff, and the fact that the NCAA is a toothless tiger.  I'd love to be wrong.

longpig

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 29, 2016, 02:46:33 pm
Thing about it is when you read the actual story, they really aren't in that much trouble.  Mostly level 3 violations, their woman's bball team MIGHT see a post season ban.  Almost none of this has anything to do with Freeze.  Most of these violations came from the Ole Right Reverend's coaching staff.  The timing of it really is the worst part.  They are lucky it got out today and didn't hold off till Monday when their visits would be over and they couldn't refute any of it to recruits.   It will still sting though.

What I read was some occurred before Huey and nothing about the level of violation.
Don't be scared, be smart.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 29, 2016, 02:46:33 pm
Thing about it is when you read the actual story, they really aren't in that much trouble.  Mostly level 3 violations, their woman's bball team MIGHT see a post season ban.  Almost none of this has anything to do with Freeze.  Most of these violations came from the Ole Right Reverend's coaching staff.  The timing of it really is the worst part.  They are lucky it got out today and didn't hold off till Monday when their visits would be over and they couldn't refute any of it to recruits.   It will still sting though.
Where have you seen a story that says the type of violations?

TNhawgfan

Interesting that not one poster on nafoom is remotely worried any punishments will come from this. Hope they're wrong
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

longpig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:51:30 pm
Based on the fact that it's reportedly from a previous coaching staff, and the fact that the NCAA is a toothless tiger.  I'd love to be wrong.

"Some" were from a previous coaching staff.  NCAA didn't exactly gum on USCw and won't now if the violations are severe enough.

longpig

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 29, 2016, 02:12:31 pm
Where's all the "Ole Miss must be doing something right" guys? Or how about the "Ole Miss simply has the best recruiters in the world!" crowd?  This has been a long time coming and I'm thankful it's finally here.

Got to be an easy way to keep track of that variety.

SemperHawg

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mississippi-under-investigation-for-rules-violations-in-multiple-sports-075017671-ncaaf.html

Here is the original report from 2014 when the investigation began.  I have some good buddies who are pretty big Ole Miss fans/donors.  They have known this was coming for some time, mostly they are just pissed about the timing that this is resurfacing.

longpig

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 29, 2016, 02:59:05 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mississippi-under-investigation-for-rules-violations-in-multiple-sports-075017671-ncaaf.html

Here is the original report from 2014 when the investigation began.  I have some good buddies who are pretty big Ole Miss fans/donors.  They have known this was coming for some time, mostly they are just pissed about the timing that this is resurfacing.

Level 3 up until Sept. 2014, been 28 months of continued investigation since.

Pig In The City

I find it odd this happens right after Shaq admits LSU pays players.

dhizzle

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabauch 53m53 minutes ago

Possibly allegations at Ole miss include free Red Lobster, given motor scooters, and thousand of dollars worth of gift cards

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig In The City on January 29, 2016, 03:12:25 pm
I find it odd this happens right after Shaq admits LSU pays players.

It's been in the works for a long time.  Ole Miss isn't surprised.

The Hogfather

Here is what I can GUARANTEE without even looking at any evidence:  If they were cheating before this staff and had the recruiting results they did, they are most definitely cheating under the current regime.  This isn't rocket science.  Programs like Ole Miss don't just become the "it school" overnight and because of "top recruiters" like Hugh Freeze and his staff.  It just does not happen.

SemperHawg

Quote from: longpig on January 29, 2016, 03:10:55 pm
Level 3 up until Sept. 2014, been 28 months of continued investigation since.
Maybe so...if they were stupid enough to commit major violations while being investigated then they deserve to have their football team taken completely away. 

Like I said in the beginning, I will be shocked if anything big comes out of this long term.  The timing of it is a total kick in the nuts though.

longpig

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm
Here is what I can GUARANTEE without even looking at any evidence:  If they were cheating before this staff and had the recruiting results they did, they are most definitely cheating under the current regime.  This isn't rocket science.  Programs like Ole Miss don't just become the "it school" overnight and because of "top recruiters" like Hugh Freeze and his staff.  It just does not happen.

It really is that simple.  Right now the Rebel Bears have three 5*verbals and only one other team comes close with 2 and that's Georgia. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm

Exactly.

jkstock04

Much ado about nothing. All this shows is how slowly the NCAA works. It's a joke just like everything else "official" in this country.

This isn't news to anyone in Mississippi...they've known it's coming and what is coming. Which, most likely won't even amount to a slap on the wrist.

The only thing that MAYBE will sting them some is the timing right before national signing day. The knee jerk social media crowd will be on this like it is hot new news and try and blow it into something it's not..therefore maybe giving them a black eye for national signing day. The timing of this announcement will be the biggest slap in the wrist they get.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RollHogTide

Quote from: nesjunk on January 29, 2016, 02:17:38 pm
You beat Alabama twice in a row and you can expect the NCAA to come knocking on your door. :-)

The REC protecting their investment. 

Hogwild

The SEC has already said that they won't have to vacate any of their titles in football.  ;D

dhizzle

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 29, 2016, 03:30:45 pm
Much ado about nothing. All this shows is how slowly the NCAA works. It's a joke just like everything else "official" in this country.

This isn't news to anyone in Mississippi...they've known it's coming and what is coming. Which, most likely won't even amount to a slap on the wrist.

The only thing that MAYBE will sting them some is the timing right before national signing day. The knee jerk social media crowd will be on this like it is hot new news and try and blow it into something it's not..therefore maybe giving them a black eye for national signing day. The timing of this announcement will be the biggest slap in the wrist they get.

You're exactly right.

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 22m22 minutes ago

I'm told the Ole Miss Notice of Allegations doesn't contain any surprises. Most of it predates Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss knew it was coming.

Freeze is a Saint.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Hogwild on January 29, 2016, 03:48:39 pm
The SEC has already said that they won't have to vacate any of their titles in football.  ;D
Strong work here!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hogwild6700 on January 29, 2016, 02:48:35 pm
I would be surprised if much, or anything for that matter, happens to them.

So would I but if it just puts a kink in their crootin' this close to the big day.....makes me smile.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:48:58 pm
You're exactly right.

Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 22m22 minutes ago

I'm told the Ole Miss Notice of Allegations doesn't contain any surprises. Most of it predates Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss knew it was coming.

Freeze is a Saint.
Uh huh. You never know what surprises might turn up when you start digging do ya?

dhizzle

So if its from the old staff it doesn't matter? That's what I'm seeing on twitter.

cityhog

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 29, 2016, 01:51:36 pm
Right before signing day. Glad we don't have to go through crap like this.

It won't matter one bit. Hide and watch. They'll still make the haul.

longpig

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 04:01:39 pm
So if its from the old staff it doesn't matter? That's what I'm seeing on twitter.

Some was from the old staff and some from the current staff.  Regardless, the program/university takes the hit not the coaches. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on January 29, 2016, 01:59:04 pm
This is perfect.  Get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy watching the bonfire of Ole Miss. 

That's cute but you might get gray hair in that chair and need to pack in a locker full of popcorn to finish this out...

However, they don't have to catch them all that soon.  The longer it takes the further they slide.  I like a slow death, myself...

Hoggish1

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 29, 2016, 02:07:47 pm

And what's even better....he was cheating and still lost control his last few seasons!

It's what finally happens when you are cheating.  Lack of discipline finally results in the team quitting.  I saw one of Nuttbanger's last games of his final season against KY and I can tell you that team had mailed it in...

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 29, 2016, 02:14:11 pm
If Nutt was in on the cheating, some one buy him a beer. A Frio's to be exact. They're $15.99 a thirty pack.

No...Nuttless would appreciate a room temperature Budweiser Straw-rita with a flexible straw and little umbrella. 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

lahawg1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2016, 02:21:51 pm
Whoa whoa hold up there. If these guys were accepting money to go to Ole Miss, does that make them #uncommon enough to come to Arkansas?

Auburn locks

Hoggish1

Hogwild

I'm thinking it might have somthing to do with this guy

Former linebackers coach David Saunders, the ex-assistant coach who arranged the fraudulent scores, but who denied wrongdoing and declined to cooperate with investigators, has been placed under an eight-year show-cause order. That means he can't accept a job with an NCAA-member program without appearing, along with officials from the school attempting to hire him, before the NCAA's infractions committee.

The university has not disputed allegations of test-score fraud, which entailed Saunders advising recruits to take their ACTs at a specific test center in Wayne County, Mississippi, where he had a relationship with the supervisor administering the test. That supervisor, Ginny Crager, allegedly agreed to change recruits' answers as needed to produce more favorable results.

That was from an article two weeks ago when the NCAA accepted ULL's football program's self-imposed sanctions stemming from an investigation into Saunders' effort to arrange fraudulent college entrance exam scores for recruits. Sanders worked at Ole Miss from 1998-2002, 2006, and then again in 2010.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:26:07 pm
All we can really hope for is that it makes a few of their commits flip and drops their class.  I doubt the NCAA is going to hammer them. 

Naw, the NCAA is going to hammer them, but it's gonna take a while...

Country Stylz

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 02:30:19 pm
Since this is concerning several sports, will they get the dreaded, "Lack of institutional control?"

I'm listening.......

Seebs

I would love to have some penalties in place for the players that take the ill-gotten gains. Maybe that would stem the tide of cheating a tad bit.

Of course, the pace NCAA does investigations, incoming freshmen will be three years in the NFL before results are known.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dropkick

I will say this, if they are paying players for visits, etc. and NCAA has proof, they will found out real quick they aren't like Alabama.

ChicoHog

I'm not sure how they are doing it but I would love to be a fly on the wall during their recruiting visits and conversations to see how the heck they are pulling in these players.  I still think it's the Chhizik/Malzahn method of letting the inmates run the asylum but I may be wrong.  There has got to be something that is attracting them. 

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:51:30 pm
The article I read said PART preceeds coach Hugh Freeze's arrival in 2012, to me that sounds like it continued after he took over.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: grayhawg on January 29, 2016, 04:51:10 pm
The article I read said PART preceeds coach Hugh Freeze's arrival in 2012, to me that sounds like it continued after he took over.

You read correctly my friend!

There may be the possibility of Ole Miss, Freeze and Nuttless frying on this one!

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:13:30 pm

Possibly allegations at Ole miss include free Red Lobster, given motor scooters, and thousand of dollars worth of gift cards

LOL Red Lobster ... what is the deal with seafood? Jameis running off with crab legs and now this?
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

LAHOG1962

The ncaa has enough on them to shut them down. Just don't think they have the guts to do it.

20hog11

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on January 29, 2016, 05:50:32 pm
The ncaa has enough on them to shut them down. Just don't think they have the guts to do it.

Then everyone should cheat since there are no real consequences.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on January 29, 2016, 05:50:32 pm

Shut them down? Highly unlikely.

jacobp

They have nothing on the current staff yet, but only because they're not looking hard enough. Freeze and staff are hands off but their boosters are getting pretty damn bold.
All my friends in Oxford, and I have a lot, openly admit they know the Rebs are cheating their asses off

Torqued pork

Quote from: nesjunk on January 29, 2016, 02:17:38 pm
You beat Alabama twice in a row and you can expect the NCAA to come knocking on your door. :-)
I would love to test that theory.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: dhizzle on January 29, 2016, 03:13:30 pm

Well Nuttless might be clear....now if it had been Sonic, and Sonic gift cards!

grayhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 29, 2016, 07:10:01 pm
Well Nuttless might be clear....now if it had been Sonic, and Sonic gift cards!
Not saying Nutt is innocent or guilty but I'll bet this all started with Orgeron, he came on the scene recruiting like Freeze. :D

lasthog

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on January 29, 2016, 05:00:23 pm
LOL Red Lobster ... what is the deal with seafood? Jameis running off with crab legs and now this?

Why wouldn't they work with Mississippi's finest restaurant?

jfred59

I see one of the DT'S is mad because of the timing of this.  Bless his pea--picking heart

ImHogginIt

They will investigate Ole Miss and when done will punish a female athlete from a small school. Standard NCAA operating procedure  >:(

http://guardianlv.com/2013/05/college-golfer-sanctioned-by-ncaa-for-washing-car-on-campus/