Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA finally going after Old P!$$

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 29, 2016, 01:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGGISHABOUTAR

It`s not rocket science. Ever been to Oxfart? I had to do some business in Tupelo and Pontotoc a few weeks ago, and drove back over to I-55 through Oxfart. I blinked once and nearly missed it. They have a McAlisters Deli```---Yippeee. They just built a brand new basketball arena exactly 1/2 the size of Bud Walton arena, wooohoooo, and forgot to properly light it. Racism is alive and well there. We are about to spend 160 million on a "upgrade" to our football stadium that will get the capacity to at least 75K. They don't have 75K fans in the state of MS. UCA in Conway has a better looking campus.
Oxfart and OM is a joke.
Now figure out how so many good recruits end up there. 

TechHog

Isn't Mississippi the poorest state in the union?

rude1

Accusations are one thing, proving those accusations is an entirely different matter. The cheating has gotten so exotic these days, the only time it can actually be proven is when someone during the exchange of money feels like he is getting wronged and starts singing, usually holding onto a paper trail to support what they are saying. Otherwise usually the NCAA digs and digs, and usually in the end can only substantiate only some minor violations at best.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm
Here is what I can GUARANTEE without even looking at any evidence:  If they were cheating before this staff and had the recruiting results they did, they are most definitely cheating under the current regime.  This isn't rocket science.  Programs like Ole Miss don't just become the "it school" overnight and because of "top recruiters" like Hugh Freeze and his staff.  It just does not happen.

And it's always been like that. When I was in school we were saying the same thing about SMU. We had beaten SMU regularly for decades ( I looked it up: 17-3-2 over the previous 22 years). And suddenly SMU was a world beater -- and not by any good coaching, simply on obvious incredible talent. How? Why SMU? Whitest, preppiest student body within 1,000 miles. No reason for them to be any better than they are today in 2016.

We all said to each other "SMU must be the most corrupt school ever." We were right. Same thing is obvious at Ole Miss.

code red

January 29, 2016, 10:01:05 pm #104 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:32:25 pm by code red
Only 5 minor sanctions against the football team.  Most of the 32 sanctions are toward the female bb teasm.  The reason for OM success in recruiting has little to do with cheating and a lot to do with....the style of football they play.  Kids out of HS are all about offense.  Spread and speed.  Just saying.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

And....so what stars don't matter......right?  GO HOGS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longpig

Quote from: TechHog on January 29, 2016, 08:01:05 pm
Isn't Mississippi the poorest state in the union?

poorest, dumbest and reddest
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: code red on January 29, 2016, 10:01:05 pm
Only 5 minor sanctions against the football team.  Most of the 32 sanctions are toward the female bb teasm.  The reason for OM success in recruiting has little to do with cheating and a lot to do with....the style of football they play.  Kids out of HS are all about offense.  Spread and speed.  Just saying.

Really?  Then how come all the spread teams with winning tradition in talent rich regions haven't had near the recruiting success OM has? 

Sivad

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 29, 2016, 09:09:55 pm
Apparently,  most of the football violations happened under Nutt.
Those Slaps still after him.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Karma on January 29, 2016, 02:33:20 pm
Dude let's not get crazy. Oxford is a beautiful town.
Is the water brown there? It's brown everywhere I've been in Mississippi.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Karma on January 29, 2016, 02:33:20 pm
Dude let's not get crazy. Oxford is a beautiful town.

My wife's niece is a Professor there..............no it isn't beautiful. I've been there for several games in different sports when the Hogs played there. It's a nice little town but not beautiful.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hambunctious

The reason for OM success in recruiting has little to do with cheating and a lot to do with....the style of football they play.  Kids out of HS are all about offense.  Spread and speed.  Just saying.

I gotta call bullshiznit on that.  They've had less, or about the same success as us, and all of a sudden they're pulling in top recruiting classes.  If that were the case, all the spread teams would be pulling in top classes, and it sure ain't location. 
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

SamBuckhart

They have to be cheating. That coach looks like he eats a bag of acorns every day. Its not because of their national championships. Its because they love that helmet. Riiiight.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

The Tunsil stuff alone is worth a look at institutional control, or lack thereof.

EFBAB

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2016, 02:27:37 pm
Are you saying Arkansas will never beat Bama twice in a row, and if they do then the NCAA should be knocking at the Broyles Center?

Yes they are.
The Bama envy is so strong with some that any explanation beyond cheating or protectionism is beyond their belief.

Pathetic.
Ignorant.
Sad.
Hillbilly.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hambunctious on January 30, 2016, 03:01:17 am
I gotta call bullshiznit on that.  They've had less, or about the same success as us, and all of a sudden they're pulling in top recruiting classes.  If that were the case, all the spread teams would be pulling in top classes, and it sure ain't location. 

This.

It boggles the mind that a program like Ole' Miss is ''all of a sudden'' a destination program.

Really?
What kind of panache does that program have?

No real historical relevance.
No cool jerseys.
No cool mascot.
No cool location really.
No dominant type of coach that has NC's written all over him.

There may not end up being any evidence, but to deny the implausibility, the suspiciousness, would be ludicrous.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

longpig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 30, 2016, 08:19:48 am
This.

It boggles the mind that a program like Ole' Miss is ''all of a sudden'' a destination program.

Really?
What kind of panache does that program have?

No real historical relevance.
No cool jerseys.
No cool mascot.
No cool location really.
No dominant type of coach that has NC's written all over him.

There may not end up being any evidence, but to deny the implausibility, the suspiciousness, would be ludicrous.

Oh there's evidence, otherwise the NCAA wouldn't have been getting reports of cheating from lots of reporters and coaches.  It's more about how well the bagman system in place covers their and each others a$$e$ and how thorough the investigators are. 

Bacons Rebellion

Its hard to get evidence without subpoenas or threats of punishment. The NCAA can't punish any of the bagmen, boosters, etc. except indirectly. So there is no reason to whistleblow, testify, or admit for any of the participants unless they have been wronged. And even then whistleblowing doesn't do anything except make enemies.

Fatty McGee

Never cheer for another team to get investigated.  Karma and all.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Justifiable Hogicide

There is nothing legitimately appealing about the one horse town of Oxford, Mississippi for college students.

WorfHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 30, 2016, 03:38:19 pm
There is nothing legitimately appealing about the one horse town of Oxford, Mississippi for college students.

tomarkansawyer

Alabama must have made the NCAA pretty mad.

grayhawg

Quote from: tomarkansawyer on January 30, 2016, 09:56:15 pm
Alabama must have made the NCAA pretty mad.
Nope these wounds are all self inflected.

tomarkansawyer

Quote from: grayhawg on January 30, 2016, 09:57:40 pm
Nope these wounds are all self inflected.

They are. I was just trying to channel the Tark.
"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation." - Jerry Tarkanian

But i would say this. If I were ole miss, i'd take every cheater, especially alabama, down with me.  Because there is no way alabama is signing 5 stars for free. Those are not the only three 5 stars taking money. So if ole miss can"t play alabama's game, then neither should alabama.  Why do we accept alabama's cheating as status quo and get incensed over ole miss cheating? Heck, if Arkansas can't win an SEC or NC, I'd rather see a school similar to us win it. I'm sick of seeing the cheating tide win. 

hobhog

Doesn't seem to be much smoke. Guessing nothing comes of it.

98hogs

LZH

Since the NCAA will only slap them on the wrist, maybe take away a bowl game or two, isn't it still worth it to cheat all out? I mean, wouldn't it be worth our trouble to do the same knowing we could elevate our program from a Top 30 status to a Top 10 status in recruiting?....... and if that translated into wins, how could you argue against it?

Capt_Marvel

Quote from: TheHAWGfather on January 29, 2016, 02:04:19 pm
8)Reportedly over 30 infractions in 3 sports including football, even before Freeze arrived in 2012. Shock!!!
The violations come in so fast, it just messes you up!

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

longpig

NaturalStateReb

For all those who have waited for Ole Miss' roof to cave in, the wait's likely to continue.

Of the 32 violations, only 5 involve football.  Of those 5, only 1 involves the current staff, and that's expected to be a secondary violation regarding Tunsil's suspension and reinstatement process.  The rest are the result of the long shadow of the Dale, since they occurred on Frito Pie's watch.

The other 27 violations related to women's basketball in 2013 and track and field in 2012-2013.

The NCAA's been giving Ole Miss a colonoscopy for three years.  If this is all they've managed to turn up, things are looking pretty good. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: longpig on January 29, 2016, 10:40:13 pm
Really?  Then how come all the spread teams with winning tradition in talent rich regions haven't had near the recruiting success OM has? 

Like Baylor?  They're obviously cheating.  How else explain it? 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The Hogfather

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 01, 2016, 09:25:56 am
For all those who have waited for Ole Miss' roof to cave in, the wait's likely to continue.

Of the 32 violations, only 5 involve football.  Of those 5, only 1 involves the current staff, and that's expected to be a secondary violation regarding Tunsil's suspension and reinstatement process.  The rest are the result of the long shadow of the Dale, since they occurred on Frito Pie's watch.

The other 27 violations related to women's basketball in 2013 and track and field in 2012-2013.

The NCAA's been giving Ole Miss a colonoscopy for three years.  If this is all they've managed to turn up, things are looking pretty good. 

Give me a break.  Enjoy the "success" for a few years because you'll be getting hammered eventually, vacating wins and such.  No way in hell Coach Blindside just turned Oxfart into a destination for the nation's top recruits simply due to his charm, energy, and beaver teeth.

RME

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 01, 2016, 09:55:45 am
Give me a break.  Enjoy the "success" for a few years because you'll be getting hammered eventually, vacating wins and such.  No way in hell Coach Blindside just turned Oxfart into a destination for the nation's top recruits simply due to his charm, energy, and beaver teeth.

The salt is strong in this one.

buldozer

Quote from: SamBuckhart on January 30, 2016, 06:40:55 am
They have to be cheating. That coach looks like he eats a bag of acorns every day.
This made me spit my coffee out!! Lol +1

jkstock04

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 01, 2016, 09:55:45 am
Would you mind giving me the powerball numbers for Wednesday while you are at it?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Clearly it takes a few years.  If boosters were doing it back then, they're still doing it now.  So give it some time.  It'll happen.

Have a little faith.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 29, 2016, 02:14:11 pm
If Nutt was in on the cheating, some one buy him a beer. A Frio's to be exact. They're $15.99 a thirty pack.

That's a full dollar above suggested retail. I refuse.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Anyone who expects things to change can forgettaboutit... NCAA is toofless. Ole Miss seems to be one of the schools that id'd that and has just decided it will take minor bumps like these knowing that the big hauls are worth the petty pops.

Southpointhog

riccoar

5 for football?  So thats 1 for Tunsil and 4 times where Nutt probably put up a news anchor at the Holiday Inn in Oxford and paid for it out of the recruiting budget?

PLHawg

I find it hilarious that the NCAA is really getting serious with women's basketball and track and field.  Gotta show everyone they still have some teeth and they're not messing around!  Btw, not coming from a place of jealousy, but you can absolutely be assured that there's a whole lotta payola going on with recruiting at Ole Miss.  I think payola has evolved over the years and past mistakes have been learned from. i.e. paper trails, recruits flashing stuff on social media, etc.  There is no way, and I repeat no way that Oxford, MS. of all places just magically becomes the destination of choice for the top-rated high school players, without there being some serious "incentives".  There is no coaching, recruiting team in the country that can turn that place into "the destination that all players dream of attending".  I don't think the NCAA really cares any more about recruiting violations, heck, they don't really even care about systemic sexual assault, etc.  All the NCAA cares about is keeping the money machine rolling and cracking down on the high visibility sports, such as women basketball, and track and field.  Please spare us the "this staff really knows how to sell the university" spiel.

jabohog

So that doesn't explain the defensive side of the ball.

jabohog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 01, 2016, 09:29:17 am
Like Baylor?  They're obviously cheating.  How else explain it? 
If you believe what you read, Baylor ain't cheating they just let'em sexually abuse the women.

trippigs

Dont think this will have significant impact on football.....dont care about their other sports

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jabohog on February 01, 2016, 12:52:24 pm
If you believe what you read, Baylor ain't cheating they just let'em sexually abuse the women.

You are saying they pitch recruits an "all you can rape" experience? That's pretty far fetched.

searkhogfan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 30, 2016, 03:38:19 pm

Have you seen the women in Oxford?

When one of their high paid superstars, such as that Head case Nkemdiche.  Flames out in the NFL.  They'll be looking for more cash & 15 more minutes of fame.  They'll spill the beans.

hawgsalot

Do you have a link for this or are we just going off the Ole Miss mouth pieces trying to insure no recruiting class defectors?

NaturalStateReb

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2016, 03:19:52 pm
Here is what I can GUARANTEE without even looking at any evidence:  If they were cheating before this staff and had the recruiting results they did, they are most definitely cheating under the current regime.  This isn't rocket science.  Programs like Ole Miss don't just become the "it school" overnight and because of "top recruiters" like Hugh Freeze and his staff.  It just does not happen.

Yep.