Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA finally going after Old P!$$

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 29, 2016, 01:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Is anyone really shocked. They have three 5-stars committed.

SCREW OLE PISS! I hope they get the death penalty.

Country Stylz

Right before signing day. Glad we don't have to go through crap like this.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 29, 2016, 01:52:26 pm

With only 1 being from their state. Ole Miss could have top 20 classes every year with the instate talent the state produces. They have more 4* recruits in Mississippi than the state of Arkansas has d1 talent. Problem is, they don't sign many of those kids, but pull 4 and 5 star kids from all around the country out of nowhere.

The NewEra

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 29, 2016, 01:56:31 pm

This is perfect.  Get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy watching the bonfire of Ole Miss. 

The_Hog_Father

In b4 naturalstatereb says it's a misunderstanding...

And the gaggle of knuckleheads who defended Treadwell money pics...  :puke:

southarkhog06

Shocked that they are prolly cheating? no

Shocked that the NCAA is actually going to investigate? absolutely

Will I be shocked if there is a punishment above a slap on the wrist? yea

TheHAWGfather

8)Reportedly over 30 infractions in 3 sports including football, even before Freeze arrived in 2012. Shock!!!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: jry04 on January 29, 2016, 01:57:05 pm
With only 1 being from their state. Ole Miss could have top 20 classes every year with the instate talent the state produces. They have more 4* recruits in Mississippi than the state of Arkansas has d1 talent. Problem is, they don't sign many of those kids, but pull 4 and 5 star kids from all around the country out of nowhere.

I liked the part of possible violation before HF was coach....could Nuttless be guilty?

And what's even better....he was cheating and still lost control his last few seasons!

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on January 29, 2016, 01:57:05 pm

Compare this to Arkansas's instate 2017 class, where we have no one above a 3-star.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=MS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 29, 2016, 01:56:31 pm

I hope they drop the hammer and their program turns to dust. Pulling top five classes out of nowhere...

greenEGnHAWGS

Where's all the "Ole Miss must be doing something right" guys? Or how about the "Ole Miss simply has the best recruiters in the world!" crowd?  This has been a long time coming and I'm thankful it's finally here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 29, 2016, 02:12:31 pm
Where's all the "Ole Miss must be doing something right" guys? Or how about the "Ole Miss simply has the best recruiters in the world!" crowd?  This has been a long time coming and I'm thankful it's finally here.

Still saying the same thing.  Ole Miss is cheating, but that's not all they're doing.  They're doing some things right...

Country Stylz

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 29, 2016, 02:07:47 pm
I liked the part of possible violation before HF was coach....could Nuttless be guilty?

And what's even better....he was cheating and still lost control his last few seasons!

If Nutt was in on the cheating, some one buy him a beer. A Frio's to be exact. They're $15.99 a thirty pack.

Poker_hog

We got room for a few of those guys.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Baconomics

You beat Alabama twice in a row and you can expect the NCAA to come knocking on your door. :-)

They are going to kill women's basketball and slap football on the wrist.

HogimusMaximus

go hogues

Nothing will happen to them. They had Archie, those three recruits that time and tailgating with trees and dresses.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

RME

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 29, 2016, 02:14:50 pm
We got room for a few of those guys.

Whoa whoa hold up there. If these guys were accepting money to go to Ole Miss, does that make them #uncommon enough to come to Arkansas?

TheHAWGfather

Quote from: nesjunk on January 29, 2016, 02:17:38 pm
You beat Alabama twice in a row and you can expect the NCAA to come knocking on your door. :-)

Saban not in da people heppin' bidnez?????

hoghiker

Hog N Bama

PorkRinds

All we can really hope for is that it makes a few of their commits flip and drops their class.  I doubt the NCAA is going to hammer them. 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: nesjunk on January 29, 2016, 02:17:38 pm
You got it!

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:26:07 pm
All we can really hope for is that it makes a few of their commits flip and drops their class.  I doubt the NCAA is going to hammer them.
A guy can hope cant He?

RME

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 29, 2016, 02:25:37 pm
You got it!

Are you saying Arkansas will never beat Bama twice in a row, and if they do then the NCAA should be knocking at the Broyles Center?

Hog N Bama

longpig

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nothing to do but kick back and watch Huey's crootin class evaporate
Don't be scared, be smart.

Wildhog

Since this is concerning several sports, will they get the dreaded, "Lack of institutional control?"
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Country Stylz

I must say that this news.....It gives me pleasure.

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 29, 2016, 02:24:44 pm
Oxfart is already ugly.... most dumps are.
Dude let's not get crazy. Oxford is a beautiful town.

TNhawgfan

I just got the ESPN alert on my phone and was hoping I would log into hogville and read freeze was toast. Disappointed so far but hoping they keep digging until they can grill him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SemperHawg

The timing on this couldn't be worse for them, 4 days before national signing day!  Paging D'Vaughn Pennamon.

Paul

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2016, 02:27:37 pm
Are you saying Arkansas will never beat Bama twice in a row, and if they do then the NCAA should be knocking at the Broyles Center?
i think what he was saying is when a smaller SEC school starts gaining on the traditional powers, the Bamas of the SEC will try to put us back where they think we belong...cheating or no cheating.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Karma on January 29, 2016, 02:33:20 pm
Dude let's not get crazy. Oxford is a beautiful town.

As far as Mississippi towns go.....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

longpig

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 29, 2016, 02:38:57 pm
The timing on this couldn't be worse for them, 4 days before national signing day!  Paging D'Vaughn Pennamon.

Hopefully 4 days is long enough for this story to get ugly, real ugly.

longpig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 02:26:07 pm

Based on what, do you know the severity and scope of the violations?

Country Stylz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 29, 2016, 02:21:22 pm

Sing it brother, as I toast you with an ice cold Frios.

Jackrabbit Hog

Considering the timetable for these things, if a hammer drops we can expect it to hit in about 2019.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SemperHawg

Quote from: longpig on January 29, 2016, 02:42:31 pm
Hopefully 4 days is long enough for this story to get ugly, real ugly.
Thing about it is when you read the actual story, they really aren't in that much trouble.  Mostly level 3 violations, their woman's bball team MIGHT see a post season ban.  Almost none of this has anything to do with Freeze.  Most of these violations came from the Ole Right Reverend's coaching staff.  The timing of it really is the worst part.  They are lucky it got out today and didn't hold off till Monday when their visits would be over and they couldn't refute any of it to recruits.   It will still sting though.

31to6

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 29, 2016, 02:00:48 pm
Shocked that they are prolly cheating? no

Shocked that the NCAA is actually going to investigate? absolutely

Will I be shocked if there is a punishment above a slap on the wrist? yea
On the one hand, I think it is obvious that there is cheating at an epic scale going on down there. No staff--no matter how good at recruiting--is going to change a top-30 type school into a top-5 with nothing more than Jesus and the HUNH.

On the other hand, just because Ole Miss is cheating doesn't mean that Alabama, Auburn, and so on, are not.

Ole Miss just cheated a little too blatantly and a little too well--and Birmingham can't let that go on for long.

Country Stylz

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 29, 2016, 02:21:51 pm
Whoa whoa hold up there. If these guys were accepting money to go to Ole Miss, does that make them #uncommon enough to come to Arkansas?
I don't really want em.......Maybe just Pennemon but nobody else.........And maybe a couple O linemen. BUT THAT'S IT!!!!

hogwild6700

I would be surprised if much, or anything for that matter, happens to them.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.