Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bert knows he’s done.

Started by Dr. Starcs, November 18, 2017, 02:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhawg

Quote from: Athog on November 18, 2017, 03:24:24 pm
He was going to get criticized on here no matter what he did.
Poor thing....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 18, 2017, 02:32:49 pm
He knows he's done, but sadly, he doesn't think it's his fault.  Injuries, ball bounces against us, other bs excuses.  I wish he would just say I'm sorry.  All he does is deflect.

And if you think all the key injuries should have no effect on the team, then you're dumber than he is because he is exactly right.

Wild Bill Hog

HoggieStyle

Watching Georgia- Kentucky and Gary Danielson just said the Missouri game last year was "the beginning of the end for Bret Bielema". 

Everybody knows he's gone.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 03:10:40 pm
BS and you know it. We convert and have a shot at draining the clock and kicking a FG no way we get 2-3 threads and numerous others derailed by the "stupidity of going for it". Of course we shouldn't have gone for it, but for anyone to delude themselves by thinking the top half of this message board would be taken over with that discussion had we converted is simply blinded by hate of the coaching staff.

Fairly new to football aren't you?

davglo35

When an animal is injured badly and all the other animals are picking on it you kill that animal and put it out of its misery.
As long as BB is coach he will be bashed and bashed hard because he can't help himself. The dumbass in him is just too strong.
Fire him now and bury him in the history books and most of us will move on to who will be the next coach. As long as BB is coach and prolongs the suffering of the young men on the team he is fair game. He is in way over his head. He gives all the morons in the world hope by proving that a moron can become a millionaire.

zuko

I think he was in shock that the Razorbacks picked up a quick fourteen and then that fumble went their way to be recovered for a TD. I mean they got the major breaks and couldn't pull it off. I guess he expected more help than that. Sooner or later, they got to play for themselves. I think they really got sucked in by the series where MS tied it up. It was obvious to me running those running plays and then they threw the bomb that everybody knew was coming except the Razorbacks. The sooner they let BB go, the better it will be since then fans will know that something is being done. This cat & mouse stuff goes now where.

HogT

Heck let him coach the last game. If he keeps making stupid calls like he's trying to lose on purpose maybe we can fire him with cause.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

LZH

I said it in another thread, the best thing to happen for everyone is for him to officially resign Monday or Tuesday. He could still coach the Missouri game and that would be great cover for what is going on behind the scenes.

Hogwarrior

Quote from: Svrdhd on November 18, 2017, 02:42:18 pm
Playing to win is what he was doing.
You can't let the other team have the ball that late. Players are being coached to secure the football, not take unnecessary sacks and never quit on a route. Only a handful of players are giving their all.

You can't be serious!  The game was tied and they would have had to go at least 80 with their top 4 WRs our!  Really?  You really don't know FB do ya?

farmhawg

Quote from: LZH on November 18, 2017, 06:18:23 pm
I said it in another thread, the best thing to happen for everyone is for him to officially resign Monday or Tuesday. He could still coach the Missouri game and that would be great cover for what is going on behind the scenes.
He is stupid, do you really expect him to do what is right?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:42:32 pm
I'm sure the playcall was Enos. The decision to go for it was all Bert. Who cares, they both need to go.

Ha HURRRRRRRRRR!

derp
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

3kgthog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 18, 2017, 05:13:08 pm
And if you think all the key injuries should have no effect on the team, then you're dumber than he is because he is exactly right.

It's not like we lost a McFadden here.

shshark00

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 18, 2017, 07:16:30 pm
It's not like we lost a McFadden here.
Maybe not, but losing your returning leading rusher and best WR either before the season starts or very early on and losing the best center in the nation midway through aren't exactly the easiest obstacles to overcome.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 03:10:40 pm
BS and you know it. We convert and have a shot at draining the clock and kicking a FG no way we get 2-3 threads and numerous others derailed by the "stupidity of going for it". Of course we shouldn't have gone for it, but for anyone to delude themselves by thinking the top half of this message board would be taken over with that discussion had we converted is simply blinded by hate of the coaching staff.

Thanks for stopping by HV Bert...question is this - will you keep posting on HV after you are fired.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: RedRazorHog on November 18, 2017, 07:21:40 pm
Thanks for stopping by HV Bert...question is this - will you keep posting on HV after you are fired.

Ha HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

derp

SPAL

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:42:45 pm
I wonder if all these 4th down threads and topics would still exist if he had converted it?

More importantly, had we punted and they went and scored, these same hillbillies would be asking why we didn't go for it. They are so ignorant but it's kind of amusing.

shshark00

Quote from: RedRazorHog on November 18, 2017, 07:21:40 pm

Oh man that's so original. You got me there. Good one man, good one. Can't admit I'm right so let's just hurl a witty line and insult. Gotta love Hogville.

Swestwill66

Jeeeeeeeeeennnn

KlubhouseKonnected

Swestwill66

Jen, will you and Bret be following hogville next year ?

SPAL

Quote from: Swestwill66 on November 18, 2017, 07:31:06 pm
Jen, will you and Bret be following hogville next year ?

Dude, you're not funny at all. You have egg on your face. You should stop before it gets worse.

Swestwill66

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2017, 07:33:01 pm
Dude, you're not funny at all. You have egg on your face. You should stop before it gets worse.
Lol!

kiddhog

I will say this - BB has influence when certain calls are made... when Storey first came in the announcers said BB lit up when talking about he "steamboat package "... meaning he loves it and I guarantee he called for it when it happened.., problem is we had no deviation in that package what so ever .. defense knew exactly what was coming ... and of course the play with storey went for negative yards..

i suspect ( don't know for sure ) BB had a "feeling " on a play or two that didn't  work in the end ... he's quick to let us know when they work ?? for some reason we never hear when  his instincts don't work ...

MDGoHawgs

The 4th down call was a desperate move by a desperate coach with nothing to lose. The end.

bville_hog

He didn't want OT under any circumstances.  Wanted off the field as soon as possible.

hoglady

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 18, 2017, 03:20:37 pm
I have literally never seen a ball bounce more favorably for a team than that fumble did for us today.

When that happened I'd have bet just about anything we win the game.
The football Gods seemed to be with us today - but sadly we just couldn't grasp the win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

Except that we were sucking even worse before the injuries.  Some injuries have let better, younger players see the field.  I don't see one game where the injuries (or lack thereof) would have changed the final score.  In fact, if Austin and Chase had not been injured, we may have lost at Ole Miss and lost to Coastal.  This year, injuries as an excuse is just an absolute horseshit attempt at distraction from a terrible coaching job.  Other years, I hear you.  This year...no...I'm not giving that excuse.

hoglady

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 07:20:35 pm
Maybe not, but losing your returning leading rusher and best WR either before the season starts or very early on and losing the best center in the nation midway through aren't exactly the easiest obstacles to overcome.

Yes - and we just got beat by a team who lost their top 4 receivers and were using 4 freshman today. Most of whom haven't played much this year. We lost 1 receiver - RWIII's been gone since last spring - season was already toast when we lost Ragnow.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: tusked on November 18, 2017, 04:04:07 pm

I just want to thank BB for showing up to the games sober.

Wonder if he's hanging at Ben's tonight.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HF#1

He looked defeated. He knows it is coming.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 18, 2017, 03:30:24 pm
If the UA played legitimate football there would be lots of good conversation here.  If the UA had a legitimate HC there would be lots of good conversation here.  Any questions?

If we had true character there still would be good conversation. Circumstances don't dictate how we behave ourselves. Our character dictates. People with poor character demean others. People with high character rise above it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

code red

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:29:37 pm
That's the only possible scenario I can imagine for him going it for that 4th down. Other than him being a complete moron, which is entirely possible too.
Remember the onside kick vs Auburn starting the second half couple years ago?  Fake punt vs Bama at Bama with the score tied?  Moron for sure.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 18, 2017, 03:37:24 pm
What does MOTHO mean.?

Moron of the highest order.  It was what us darksiders called Nutt back in the day.

BigDeal

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 18, 2017, 02:29:37 pm
That's the only possible scenario I can imagine for him going it for that 4th down. Other than him being a complete moron, which is entirely possible too.

as i mentioned in a earlier post that was the right call. i seen the whole thing sitting in section 119 (first game in about 10 years!) . the defender was obstructing our receivers run for almost the entire play! i yelped that was the worse no call ever !  and everyone around agreed.

I thank you.

Pancetta

If we had an offensive line that could consistently pass block we would have won at least 7 games this year. CBB might go somewhere with a strong football AD and a good lineman pipeline and be successful.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

bphi11ips

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 18, 2017, 03:37:24 pm
What does MOTHO mean.?

Moron of the highest order.  Applied liberally to TCTWF a/k/a Houston Nutt
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

niels_boar

If we were fighting for an SEC crown, he probably punts.  If we had some semblance of a healthy offensive line, he probably punts.  If our gassed defense hadn't just let them go 55 yards in 6 plays, he probably punts.  Raise your hand if you thought we had a snowball's chance of winning in OT.  The odds that we could convert a 4rth and 2 were probably better.  Make a better call. 

I didn't think this game was going to be competitive.  Hence, I'm not upset that we didn't pull out a close one.  I would have enjoyed it, but it wasn't like it was going to make our season.  As a fan, I really could care less if we go to some meaningless bowl, though it would have been a nice reward for the players hanging in there. 

CBB is gone.  You don't fire the AD for football performance and keep the coach.  The insults now are just piling on.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 07:20:35 pm
We had all those guys against Auburn last year 56-3 and didn't they ALL play against Missouri and Va Tech???

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 08:42:02 pm
Except that we were sucking even worse before the injuries.  Some injuries have let better, younger players see the field.  I don't see one game where the injuries (or lack thereof) would have changed the final score.  In fact, if Austin and Chase had not been injured, we may have lost at Ole Miss and lost to Coastal.  This year, injuries as an excuse is just an absolute horseshit attempt at distraction from a terrible coaching job.  Other years, I hear you.  This year...no...I'm not giving that excuse.

Injuries had nothing to do with the meltdown last year??? Excuses and more to prop up BB are worthless.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 18, 2017, 06:49:48 pm
You can't be serious!  The game was tied and they would have had to go at least 80 with their top 4 WRs our!  Really?  You really don't know FB do ya?

yep msu was without their top 4 wr's and we still could not cover them when absolutely necessary.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JOKERHOG

Quote from: ATLHog on November 18, 2017, 03:28:39 pm
Dear Bert,
Thanks for making me look great!
John L. Smith
P.S.
SMILE!

I got banned for saying JLS would have won more games at this point than BB.  I belived it than and I believe it now.  BB is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen and I have watched a lot of football

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Science Fiction Greg

I think the thread would have a different tone if we'd converted that fourth down, sure.  I would be thrilled.  But I guarantee you, and my wife will testify if need be, if her eyes ever stop rolling at me, that I was adamant that going for it on 4th down right there was "absolute lunacy."  I must've said it 8 times before the ball was snapped.  I didn't say a word after the play.  Just went and did something else.

That decision was absolute lunacy.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 19, 2017, 10:25:22 am
I think the thread would have a different tone if we'd converted that fourth down, sure.  I would be thrilled.  But I guarantee you, and my wife will testify if need be, if her eyes ever stop rolling at me, that I was adamant that going for it on 4th down right there was "absolute lunacy."  I must've said it 8 times before the ball was snapped.  I didn't say a word after the play.  Just went and did something else.

That decision was absolute lunacy.

I had to watch it to the end knowing full well we just gave the game away right there.   And sure 'nuff we did. 

Wrong call to go for it and wrong play call.    Maybe he thought he'd catch them napping?   Who knows. Sure didn't need to throw it that far - a simple slant would have had a better chance of success.   

We love our Hogs too much to easily let this go.    I'm keep telling myself that this nightmare will be over in a few days.   It will get better.