Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB might have $15mm buyout but Jeff Long doesn't....

Started by Hoggle, September 23, 2017, 02:51:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggle

September 23, 2017, 02:51:10 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:09:32 pm by Hoggle
BB might have a 15mm buyout but Jeff Long doesn't....

The solution to the REAL problem is available to the UA.... and treating the symptom (BB) will NOT solve the problem.

FIRE JEFF LONG OR MORE OF THE SAME FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE.

intoxhog

Quote from: Hoggle on September 23, 2017, 02:51:10 pm

The solution to the REAL problem is available to the UA.... and treating the symptom (BB) will NOT solve to problem.

^^^this^^^
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

HamSammich

welchog

lilredheadedlady

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

HamSammich

Jeff long is a carpet bagging yankee that has had a petrino fall in his lap. He has failed at everything else other than bilking donations for a stadium that he will never fill.

Pecos Hog

hog911

We need to start a petition asking for Jeff Long's resignation! If he truly has integrity he will do it!  :puke:

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 23, 2017, 02:58:06 pm
Yes, I'm afraid JL has to go too.

I'm not afraid he has to go. I'm positive he has to go.

He is HORRIBLE at hiring coaches.  Just awful.

Hawghiggs

hogcard1964

Firing Long right now doesn't help us in the coming weeks.  Firing Bielema does.

...but yes, Long caused this mess.  Get him out also.

Smalltownhog95

I was thinking this the other day. Fire Long. Wait our year on Bret. Fire him next year and have our new AD in place.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on September 23, 2017, 03:03:37 pm
I was thinking this the other day. Fire Long. Wait our year on Bret. Fire him next year and have our new AD in place.

This.

JOKERHOG

YEs, then no more jeff long hires
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:02:30 pm
Firing Long right now doesn't help us in the coming weeks.  Firing Bielema does.

It would send the signal that the party's over.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HamSammich

You people just wait...jussssttttt wait who long will hire next if he isn't fired. Hopefully my great grandkids might see goog hog football. But we are not anytime soon.

Jimbob111

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 23, 2017, 03:01:23 pm
I'm not afraid he has to go. I'm positive he has to go.

He is HORRIBLE at hiring coaches.  Just awful.

At hiring coaches? He's horrible at BEING a coach.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 23, 2017, 03:19:55 pm
At hiring coaches? He's horrible at BEING a coach.

Was talking about Long. But yes, Bielema is horrid.

Pecos Hog

You got it partially right.   Fire Long now.   Let the new AD come in and start cleaning up this mess.   First order of business is to fire BB .....on day one.   No need to waste another season.   Let the new AD start looking for a coach immediately. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:56:59 pm
You got it partially right.   Fire Long now.   Let the new AD come in and start cleaning up this mess.   First order of business is to fire BB .....on day one.   No need to waste another season.   Let the new AD start looking for a coach immediately. 
You guy's have it figured out.  Long has to go now. Next AD can get the PTB to buy out the big guy.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

If the BOT is smart they will have Long cleaning out his office by noon Sunday!

Long done us like he did PITT in the tank!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Great Hambino

Can we demote Bielema, put Enos or Rhodes in charge, and then officially fire him after the buyout lowers?

code red

Quote from: Hoggle on September 23, 2017, 02:51:10 pm

The solution to the REAL problem is available to the UA.... and treating the symptom (BB) will NOT solve the problem.

agreed we need a good old southern boy.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

alohawg

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 23, 2017, 03:10:19 pm
It would send the signal that the party's over.

Why should he care when he has 15,000,000 reasons not to?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

code red

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 23, 2017, 08:04:59 pm
Can we demote Bielema, put Enos or Rhodes in charge, and then officially fire him after the buyout lowers?
Rhodes?  Hell no.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Great Hambino on September 23, 2017, 08:04:59 pm

How would that help anything?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

dmacfan07

Jeffy is a conceited jerk who has saddled the University of Arkansas with massive debt in buildings, stadium, personel, and jets.  He is poorly qualified to select coaches and only views this job as a corporate venture.  On a personal note he single handedly screwed over a family member who was Arkansas top ranked player in a different sport, a great kid and remarkable athlete who Long refused to allow to even walk on due to 'roster management" and his love of foreign players.  We can do so much better!   Fire him, Frick him and feed him fish heads!!!

root_hawg

Long is considered one of the top ADs in the country.  He isn't going anywhere.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

RazorPiggie

Lol you still have a buyout to pay. What good does that do for next year?

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hogcam

The Great Hambino

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 08:07:32 pm
How would that help anything?

So the world is on notice that he is getting his walking papers and we will be in search of a coach.

HardCore

Quote from: hog911 on September 23, 2017, 03:00:19 pm
We need to start a petition asking for Jeff Long's resignation! If he truly has integrity he will do it!  :puke:

He doesn't
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 23, 2017, 03:02:30 pm

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 09:35:14 pm
Man, the stupidity on this board is amazing.

Not sure a racist like you needs to throw stones.  You can't hide from your politics forum persona.

BigE_23

Welcome to the party everyone...some of us have been saying this for quite some time.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: root_hawg on September 23, 2017, 09:24:38 pm
Long is considered one of the top ADs in the country.  He isn't going anywhere.

By whom?  Please share

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

JOKERHOG

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 09:35:14 pm
Man, the stupidity on this board is amazing.

Like the posters who have continued to defend our sorry head coach who was outed as a fraud a long time ago?

EastexHawg

TrueBlue

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 23, 2017, 10:25:47 pm
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/17/athletic-director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

Can't take that list seriously when a) they put a lot of emphasis on their Jeff Long reasonings with the way he handled the Petrino firing and b) they in turn have Tom Jurich from Louisville listed as one of the best in the nation also. - They are talking out of both sides of their mouth with that. The guy that has Petrino and Pitino. 

JOKERHOG

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 23, 2017, 10:24:42 pm
Long is the disease.  Bielema is a symptom. 
Well then call it terminal because he's not going anywhere.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Agree with Long has to go. To have signed a contract giving a mediocre coach a 15 million buyout was worse than cr@p for a business decision. That says it all right there about the man in charge.  Who the hell does that but someone that is clueless about what they are doing?  That is a lot of UA money he just flat threw out on the table to waste.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 23, 2017, 10:46:32 pm
Agree with Long has to go. To have signed a contract giving a mediocre coach a 15 million buyout was worse than cr@p for a business decision. That says it all right there about the man in charge.  Who the hell does that but someone that is clueless about what they are doing?  That is a lot of UA money he just flat threw out on the table to waste.
Guess what? That isn't happening. So, you might as well get over that idea. Now BB if he can't pull over 7 wins this year, I agree he will be gone. But JL is t going anywhere.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on September 23, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Not sure a racist like you needs to throw stones.  You can't hide from your politics forum persona.

You say that and have no room to talk dude. Takes one to call one.  From reading from the sideline, you just came across as the racist in the house. And since you didnt notice, this isnt the politics forum, its the football forum.  Take your racist cr@p back over there.  No one is looking to read that cr@p here.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 10:48:39 pm
Guess what? That isn't happening. So, you might as well get over that idea. Now BB if he can't pull over 7 wins this year, I agree he will be gone. But JL is t going anywhere.

I know. But it makes me feel better to express the fact it was a stupid deal by Long.

BassinHawg

His bosses DON"T GIVE A CRAP!

It's not about winning anymore!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"