Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 SEC Basketball Schedule Announced

Started by Jason Carroll, August 24, 2017, 01:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

The SEC just released the conference basketball schedule for this upcoming season.  Here is a link to the schedule.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/razorbacks-sec-basketball-schedule-announced/797370607

Dwight_K_Shrute

Thoughts

5 home Saturday dates is nice but last one is 2/17.  Final 2 Saturdays of the season played on the road.

Start with TN here on 12/30 then 2 conf road games in a row, at MSU on 1/2 then Auburn.  Although playing at the Hump is never easy I like that it's right after the holiday and a week or two before students are back.  Could really build some momentum going 3-0 to start.

Very manageable schedule
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Kevin McPherson

Biggest takeaway for me is that Arkansas-v-Kentucky at BWA is set for Tues., Feb. 20 ... typically, when these teams play only once in the season its early in the SEC slate, usually no later than mid-January. It will be more compelling to see these teams playing down the stretch of the SEC season than it typically has been in recent years when they played very early. Especially considering Arkansas usually plays its best basketball in the final 3rd of the season.

WizardofhOgZ

The quirk I noticed was that we have 3 straight conference road games between Jan 20 and Feb 6.

Wonder how many other teams have 3 in a row (SEC games) on the road?

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Letsroll1200

There is no easy games in the SEC this season. Hopefully we can get off to a good start.

RacinRazorback

It will be a big boost if we can go to Florida undefeated in conference play! I think we have a great shot at doing that and kick some chomper butt in Gainsville! Gonna be a fun year once all the pieces come together. Potential to be the best team we have had since the 90's! WPS!!!!