Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quality Food at UA Events

Started by twistitup, April 23, 2018, 06:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do You Desire Higher Quality Food at Sporting Events?

Yes
No
Gimme Frito Pie and I will be happy

twistitup

I, for one, would like a better food selection at sporting events. Frito Pie is a great start, but let's get real on this food thing.

IF Levy can't do it, can we open the concourse up for more local food options?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

Yes Po boys , Beer and Frito Pie.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 24, 2018, 08:10:58 am
Yes Po boys , Beer and Frito Pie.

I'm down with that. Honestly, I put no, because I don't ever buy food at games. Even if it were good, I'd probably still prefer to eat before and after for less money with shorter lines and higher-quality food.
Be that as it may, the food shouldn't suck. It should at least be something that one could reasonably be expected to eat, and it should be at a price that one could be reasonably expected to pay, even if prices are a bit high.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

twistitup

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on April 24, 2018, 08:15:36 am
Be that as it may, the food shouldn't suck. It should at least be something that one could reasonably be expected to eat, and it should be at a price that one could be reasonably expected to pay, even if prices are a bit high.

Exactly

Occams Razorback

We need to ditch Pepsi and bring back Coke.
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

twistitup

Quote from: Occams Razorback on April 26, 2018, 11:55:54 pm
We need to ditch Pepsi and bring back Coke.

Pepsi has us by the nads on this one....contracts are a tough to get out of. Pepsi at least needs to put some Ginger Ale on tap and send the Frito Truck up the mountain - Frito Pies and Ginger Ale would be a good start

Hoggish1

No.  I don't go to football games to eat gourmet.  Make the prices cheaper and sell more of whatever it is, like they figured out in Atlanta.  Concession proceeds went up 16% when they drastically lowered prices for food and drink.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on April 27, 2018, 08:33:44 am
Pepsi has us by the nads on this one....contracts are a tough to get out of. Pepsi at least needs to put some Ginger Ale on tap and send the Frito Truck up the mountain - Frito Pies and Ginger Ale would be a good start

It was a 7 year contract with 3 one year options, I'm not sure who has the option, so it "could" possibly end sooner.

ZERO

Quote from: ricepig on April 27, 2018, 10:20:09 am
It was a 7 year contract with 3 one year options, I'm not sure who has the option, so it "could" possibly end sooner.

What year on we on right now? Three-ish?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ricepig

Quote from: ZERO on April 27, 2018, 10:52:09 am
What year on we on right now? Three-ish?

It started July 1, 2012, so it could possibly end sooner, we'll see.

mhsbc59

price and time are my biggest concern.  i have been to many a stadium and the lines are slowest at RRS
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

twistitup

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 27, 2018, 09:24:26 am
No.  I don't go to football games to eat gourmet.  Make the prices cheaper and sell more of whatever it is, like they figured out in Atlanta.  Concession proceeds went up 16% when they drastically lowered prices for food and drink.

Frito pie is not gourmet....not many of the items mentioned in the past would qualify as gourmet....that I can think of. Maybe a couple....we will need to get 25.99 for the Cowboy Ribeye. Jerry Jones loves it, got to have it.

They can still be eaten by hand....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on April 27, 2018, 01:53:56 pm
Frito pie is not gourmet....not many of the items mentioned in the past would qualify as gourmet....that I can think of. Maybe a couple....we will need to get 25.99 for the Cowboy Ribeye. Jerry Jones loves it, got to have it.

They can still be eaten by hand....

Frito Pie not gourmet? So much for you being an expert. You are now required to turn in your food expert card.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on April 27, 2018, 01:59:46 pm
Only if served on a real plate

Amen in the bag or paper boat is just great football food.