Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why nothing on Layne Hatcher?

Started by GohogsGoWps, December 19, 2017, 10:08:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GohogsGoWps

I could have missed it but it seems he and Nolan would make for a nice Qb class. Am I missing something?

RedRock

Quote from: GohogsGoWps on December 19, 2017, 10:08:53 pm
I could have missed it but it seems he and Nolan would make for a nice Qb class. Am I missing something?

He is not SEC talent.  Good QB at OBU, HSU, or other in state schools.

GohogsGoWps

From his numbers and the competition he faced I still can't figure out why such a hang up on Bohannon over this kid other than GB's athletic ability. But Qb wise there's no comparison IMO.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 20, 2017, 08:25:15 am
Some mid major that's looking for a QB in Feb will be getting a steal. AR St has offered.
Agree. He's a definite D1 talent. He will thrive in an air-raid type of offense and can run the ball enough to keep the defense honest. Really smart kid. Will be successful in whatever he chooses to do. Great onside kicker as well.

HognotinMemphis

He's small. Short as the Jones kid. He may get a wrestling scholarship somewhere if he wants it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

#1 STUNNA

Arkansas Gatorade player of the year
led the country in passing yards.
3X state champ

hogsanity

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 20, 2017, 09:49:45 am
Arkansas Gatorade player of the year
led the country in passing yards.
3X state champ

Played in an offense where he threw the ball 28 times per game ( and in many game he only played the 1st half ), and they usually had receivers running wide open just about every play. Had he won 3 state titles running the I would you still want him as a QB?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

yraciv

Does anyone know how tall he actually is? I've seen 6'1 and 6'2, but would guess he is just over 6 feet.  I think he'll have similar success to what Spencer Keith had at Kent State, possibly more if he ends up in a HUNH.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: yraciv on December 20, 2017, 10:13:31 am
Does anyone know how tall he actually is? I've seen 6'1 and 6'2, but would guess he is just over 6 feet.  I think he'll have similar success to what Spencer Keith had at Kent State, possibly more if he ends up in a HUNH.
5'10".
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Fan1958

Tried to link to the 247 site but couldn't.  His offer sheet is:

A State
Eastern Illinois
Murray State

Clint Stoerner has been working with him for years and he stated on The Buzz Hatcher would make a good mid major QB.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hogfooey

Rivals has Hatcher at 6'2".  List Jones at 5'11".
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

BR

He got an offer today from Georgetown.... I didn't even know they played Football.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

John Snow

His dad has enough money to pay for him to walk on up in Fayetteville.

Fan1958

Quote from: BR on December 20, 2017, 02:34:52 pm
He got an offer today from Georgetown.... I didn't even know they played Football.

Just recently started the program.  Was on the campus over Thanksgiving and the field is something similar to PA's.  The facilities at some of the larger schools in NWA make the Georgetown facility look weak.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

MP24

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 20, 2017, 02:24:51 pm
Tried to link to the 247 site but couldn't.  His offer sheet is:

A State
Eastern Illinois
Murray State

Clint Stoerner has been working with him for years and he stated on The Buzz Hatcher would make a good mid major QB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Layne-Hatcher-93530
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Quote from: BR on December 20, 2017, 02:34:52 pm
Another PA player that graduated last year played at G-Town this year.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Karma on December 20, 2017, 01:57:30 pm
Have you ever met him? He's about 6 feet. Maybe a hair more or less.
Well, he ain't tall.

Seminole Indian

Has been some questions asked about the A-State offer.

As of yesterday they don't intend to use any scholarships to add a QB this year, unless one leaves. Even if one does, it will probably be a blue-shirt, or preferred walk-on offer.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hogsanity

This is the kind of thing I have talked about here for years. People wondering why this kid is not being offered by the Hogs. His offer sheet from all available sources shows he has no other FBS offers (maybe an ASU offer, MAYBE ), yet the hogs are supposed to go after him?

Some of our fans are so hung up on in state kids that they can not see the forest for the trees.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hogsanity on December 21, 2017, 10:02:38 am
This is the kind of thing I have talked about here for years. People wondering why this kid is not being offered by the Hogs. His offer sheet from all available sources shows he has no other FBS offers (maybe an ASU offer, MAYBE ), yet the hogs are supposed to go after him?

Some of our fans are so hung up on in state kids that they can not see the forest for the trees.

A-State, like Arkansas,  would like to sign in-state kids, and offered 22-23 this year. Of course several were being recruited by the Razorbacks or other P5 schools.

The Razorbacks problem is there are not that many SEC caliber athletes in Arkansas, and as far as the other in-state athletes with FBS potential, that "commitment door" never opens with the Razorbacks, and now closes pretty quickly for the Redwolves.

Anderson made it clear yesterday that in the case of A-State they they will continue to offer a lot Arkansas athletes, but are not waiting around on most to take too long to decide, when there are as good or in many cases better players out-of-state that want to commit.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

hogsanity

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2017, 11:12:06 am

The Razorbacks problem is there are not that many SEC caliber athletes in Arkansas, and as far as the other in-state athletes with FBS potential, that "commitment door" never opens with the Razorbacks, and now closes pretty quickly for the Redwolves.

Why would the Hogs want kids that are not SEC caliber anyway?

NotSoFastMyFriend

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 21, 2017, 11:12:06 am
A-State, like Arkansas,  would like to sign in-state kids, and offered 22-23 this year. Of course several were being recruited by the Razorbacks or other P5 schools.

Anderson made it clear yesterday that in the case of A-State they they will continue to offer a lot Arkansas athletes, but are not waiting around on most to take too long to decide, when there are as good or in many cases better players out-of-state that want to commit.
Out of their 15 early signees only 1 was from Arkansas so they are doing a terrible job in state. Worse than terrible. Only 2 out of 24 last year. Awful.

hogsanity

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 21, 2017, 11:43:37 am
Out of their 15 early signees only 1 was from Arkansas so they are doing a terrible job in state. Worse than terrible. Only 2 out of 24 last year. Awful.

Only if there are players in state that they offered and did not get that are better than what they did get. Sounds more to me like A-Sate think they can get better players from other states.

rmcchris

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 20, 2017, 09:37:42 am
He's small. Short as the Jones kid. He may get a wrestling scholarship somewhere if he wants it.
This.  I heard is going to Nebraska for wrestling

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on December 21, 2017, 12:27:04 pm
Only if there are players in state that they offered and did not get that are better than what they did get. Sounds more to me like A-Sate think they can get better players from other states.

Sounds to me like the kids wanted to play elsewhere that had ASU offers....

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2017, 09:22:49 am
Sounds to me like the kids wanted to play elsewhere that had ASU offers....

Think that is the case with the ones with P5 offers, not sure about the rest.

According Anderson in his recap, in most cases someone else committed before they could decide. Some might have committed later on, we will just never know.

Both Rivals and 247 have them with the top class in the SBC so I guess it all worked out for everyone.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 21, 2017, 11:43:37 am
They have a couple committed that if their grades are good will sign in February. Anderson said they will try again next year to get Arkansas players.

Anderson also said Wednesday he feels he has a lot of talent going into 2018, so I guess that is the bottom line, and where they come from really does not matter.

hogsanity

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 22, 2017, 09:42:19 am

Anderson also said Wednesday he feels he has a lot of talent going into 2018, so I guess that is the bottom line, and where they come from really does not matter.

Bingo! Talent wins games, where it comes form does not matter at all, except to people who still think it is 58 ( 1858 or 1958, many are stuck in both ).

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 21, 2017, 11:38:01 am
Drew Brees 6'
Russel Wilson 5'11
Yeah, add Doug Flutie too. And in the NBA, Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb and Calvin Murphy. Exceptions all...and rare exceptions at that.