Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hawaii joining MWC

Started by BR, November 19, 2010, 10:45:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5823667

The University of Hawaii is close to joining the Mountain West Conference for football, raising the prospect of leaving the depleted WAC after 32 years.

Hawaii president M.R.C. Greenwood talked to Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson over the phone Thursday and said she was confident a deal would be worked out. We have a handshake but we have yet to agree on the details. The people of the state of Hawaii should be very positive about this and convinced that we have a bright future.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Guess they're tired of flying to Ruston? 

go hogues

"The WAC announced last week it would add Texas-San Antonio, Texas State and the University of Denver. Denver doesn't have a football team."
Ouch. SUCKS to be the WAC
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: go hogues on November 19, 2010, 07:25:00 pm
"The WAC announced last week it would add Texas-San Antonio, Texas State and the University of Denver. Denver doesn't have a football team."
Ouch. SUCKS to be the WAC

Yeah, so, does that mean TX-SA and TX State will be moving up in classification?

arkansaspanic

The WAC has pretty much become Sun Belt West now.  It wasn't a good conference before but now is really terrible.

ShadowTheHedgehog

They should add DeVry and Phoenix Online.

Fort Swine

At one time, Hawaii played most of the teams in the MWC in the old WAC back in the 80s. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

razorfan84

Johnny America

WAC is still better than the Big East.
God is not real.

Prosciutto

A conference game in Hawaii every other year may be a good recruiting crutch.

booogaga

This will make tha WAC even more of a weak uncompetitive joke.
GO HOGS!

Pigdiana Jones

Does Hawaii have any mountains?
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

booogaga

Quote from: salebow on November 20, 2010, 10:51:31 am
Does Hawaii have any mountains?
it's basically a series of volcanoes. Does that count? Lol
GO HOGS!

Arkanian

DSmithNPS

One of those mountains stands over 13,000 feet...snows...I go snow skiing there...for real.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: booogaga on November 20, 2010, 10:29:24 am
This will make tha WAC even more of a weak uncompetitive joke.

This is one of the reasons why Hawaii must leave the WAC. In order to keep recruiting better players to be competitive they have to find a stronger conference to play in. Yes the MWC teams used to make up the WAC years ago. There are old rivalries there for UH. This will help in recruiting the recruits UH needs to move forward with. UH really wants to join the PAC 10. This may be one step closer. All Hawaii has to do now is win most of their games and show the PAC 10 they are a formidable team and great college to have in their conference. All our other sports are improving too. You will hear more about our Warriors in the near future as being a formidable force.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 20, 2010, 03:20:01 pm
You will hear more about our Warriors in the near future as being a formidable force.

Doubt it.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

BPsTheMan

New Mex State has also been considering going down to 1-AA.

Some should follow. Arkansas State among them.

Texas State to 1-A? And Jacksonville State? the NCAA needs to stop this BS.