Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No wonder we lost Perry...

Started by Pig in the Pokey, September 26, 2017, 04:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorhead94 on September 27, 2017, 05:16:52 pm
I'll come back to you once the dust settles.  Yes, I know the history of everything and have read plenty so far.  If he felt so strongly about the Miss. St. ties why did he commit to the Hogs in the first place?
because he was on an AAU team with 4 other studs and they were gonna go play together and win the national championship but sometimes money gets in the way.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorhead94

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 27, 2017, 05:19:39 pm
because he was on an AAU team with 4 other studs and they were gonna go play together and win the national championship but sometimes money gets in the way.

I agree.  Read my other post.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Hogs49ers

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 27, 2017, 04:18:50 pm
MA couldn't even do an in home until September even if he wanted to. The Perries are so full of it.

That means Miss. St. was probably breaking that rule as well...Mrs. Perry saying that about Mike not doing home visits, meaning someone else was...
SCREW Vandy!

jjdlc

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 27, 2017, 05:38:22 pm
That means Miss. St. was probably breaking that rule as well...Mrs. Perry saying that about Mike not doing home visits, meaning someone else was...

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

The Hawg Marshal

The Hawg Marshal

bulldog04

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 27, 2017, 09:43:44 pm
So if 250k wasn't high enough I wonder what the winning number was
We may never know that. But I absolutely believe he got paid, and Howland is complicit.

Hogs49ers

http://www.djournal.com/multimedia/video-ben-howland/youtube_de1f91bf-9abb-5d76-ba6d-35245f719b5e.html

Go to the 4 minute mark in todays PC with Ben Howland and listen to his response to the FBI probe. 

To me, that is exactly what a guilty person's response would be.  Unless you are guilty and expect to be part of said investigation, why would anyone say "I will not comment on an ongoing investigation"?  I believe all the non-guilty coaches that absolutely know there is no way they could be involved would share their joy with the idea of college basketball getting cleaned up - even the reporter that asked the question said "a lot of coaches have said they were happy that the game was getting cleaned up."
SCREW Vandy!

STLhawg

Wow, his "no comment" response to a much broader question (about will it be good for NCAA BB by cleaning up the sport) speaks VOLUMES!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 27, 2017, 09:57:01 pm
http://www.djournal.com/multimedia/video-ben-howland/youtube_de1f91bf-9abb-5d76-ba6d-35245f719b5e.html

Go to the 4 minute mark in todays PC with Ben Howland and listen to his response to the FBI probe. 

To me, that is exactly what a guilty person's response would be.  Unless you are guilty and expect to be part of said investigation, why would anyone say "I will not comment on an ongoing investigation"?  Are all coaches responding that way right now?  I would have to imagine the non guilty coaches that absolutely know there is no way they could be involved would share there joy with the idea of college basketball getting cleaned up - even the reporter that asked the question said "a lot of coaches have said they were happy that the game was getting cleaned up."
Yeah that sounded pretty convenient ,and he was glad not to answer it.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: STLhawg on September 27, 2017, 10:03:37 pm
Wow, his "no comment" response to a much broader question (about will it be good for NCAA BB by cleaning up the sport) speaks VOLUMES!

Exactly, plenty of coaches have clearly answered that question straight up already and said "glad they are finally cleaning it up, should level the playing field."  Not Howland...He was told to answer that question in that way.
SCREW Vandy!

LRHawg

onebadrubi

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 27, 2017, 09:32:35 pm
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/espn-jay-williams-kevin-love-aau-coach-250-college-basketball-scandal-fbi-ncaa

Guess who Kevin Love ended up playing for?

From what I've read on the love story, the 250k was given to the aau coach after love was already at UCLA, and was for the purpose of getting love to sign with that agency.  Now, with that being said, no way that aau coach can say he's clean and was likely to take payment to steer players, but the 250 Williams is talking about doesn't appear to be to get love to UCLA. 

Been10Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2017, 04:49:21 am
From what I've read on the love story, the 250k was given to the aau coach after love was already at UCLA, and was for the purpose of getting love to sign with that agency.  Now, with that being said, no way that aau coach can say he's clean and was likely to take payment to steer players, but the 250 Williams is talking about doesn't appear to be to get love to UCLA.
Sounds like a great defense for someone like Auburn to use! We didn't pay recruits to come to Auburn. It's not our fault the Auburn "family" took care of them when they got here!

Hogs49ers

Check out this article from a Miss St. reporter, their media is literally not bringing up the issue at all and are staying as far away as they can from it.  Then read the comment below the article haha!

http://www.djournal.com/sports/howland-optimistic-and-encouraged-about-upcoming-year/article_80195d27-a750-58dc-8303-af9bc0d7133c.html
SCREW Vandy!

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 11:50:57 am
Check out this article from a Miss St. reporter, their media is literally not bringing up the issue at all and are staying as far away as they can from it.  Then read the comment below the article haha!

http://www.djournal.com/sports/howland-optimistic-and-encouraged-about-upcoming-year/article_80195d27-a750-58dc-8303-af9bc0d7133c.html

I'm pretty sure that was a Hog fan writing that comment trying to disguise themselves as a Mississippi State fan.  Everything he wrote is verbatim of what Arkansas fans have been saying.  He didn't even hide it well at all LOL.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: MakingPlays on September 28, 2017, 12:08:02 pm
I'm pretty sure that was a Hog fan writing that comment trying to disguise themselves as a Mississippi State fan.  Everything he wrote is verbatim of what Arkansas fans have been saying.

Oh of course, that was absolutely me haha.  I really did not care too much about hiding it ha.
SCREW Vandy!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 12:08:54 pm
Oh of course, that was absolutely me haha.  I really did not care too much about hiding it ha.
I had a feeling that might be you... ;D
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 12:08:54 pm

LMAO, I was thinking that, but I didn't wanna out you like that :)

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogFoo on September 27, 2017, 02:29:28 pm
RP, mom messaged me direct.  Saying that MA never did an inhome visit with them and didn't keep in contact with Reggie like he should have.  Of course I didn't mention that maybe Mike had realized that he was on the take at this point and that was the reason he didn't contact him and kept contact at minimum. I didn't respond to her.  But here is her Twitter to me.
damn. tells me she was worried and out there on the twitters in damage control.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: klp1 on September 27, 2017, 02:22:23 pm
And the IRS.  Taxes on $150,000 income is going to to hurt.
yep. thats a solid 60k they owe.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 12:11:51 pm
;D ::)

I ain't mad at you for doing it though.  It's 100% true.  And by the way the mom was acting yesterday, she pretty much confirmed our suspicions. 

I'm glad Coach Anderson didn't play the game, and kept it clean.  And it's kinda funny too, you can tell by her comments and all the stuff she was saying about Coach Anderson it kinda pissed her off that he wouldn't even entertain them.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogFoo on September 27, 2017, 02:55:51 pm
it seems odd that Mike would drop the ball on the top recruit in the class like that. Of course some think he did it all along. But now we find out that there may have been different reasons as to why Mike ha e lost recruits in the past.  Still tho, it does seem odd that Perry's mom would say that unless Mike had heard something and wanted no part of it. I don't know.  I'll have to ask my friend who has deep connections what he heard.  And if I'm able to say anything I'll try and confirm stuff. I want to believe that the kid and family are clean. But, it sure doesn't look that way.
Dad getting sick and losing his job definitely put them in a weakened position to reject money; especially when he was at that point a 5* and killing it on the Adidas circuit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorhead94 on September 27, 2017, 04:52:05 pm
No, just alluding to the fact the Perry family could have said these reasons as well instead of just the sick dad story.  At this point, I don't believe anything they say.

I do think at one point Reggie loved the U of A and wanted to come to school here then things changed once Reggie got big time and different people got involved.
b/c the dad is sick narrative backfired. NOW it proves they needed money badly

Cubbie08

If money is the issue, why don't all these high level guys sign 1 year deals in Europe after high school?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Cubbie08 on September 28, 2017, 12:36:11 pm
If money is the issue, why don't all these high level guys sign 1 year deals in Europe after high school?

I absolutely think we will start seeing it trend in that direction.
SCREW Vandy!

songofthesword

that is a cop out

i have a 17 year old sister. we have different fathers.  Her father just had a stroke and a brain thingy.  he can't move the right side of his body. can't work.

not only that, my sister goes to a private school (LR Christian) and plays golf.. quite well I mgiht add. good enough to get looks from the UofA.

there is no 150k windfalll to help out. that's when the family steps up. and there is no handouts when she goes to college either.

and what does that teach your child? its okay to cheat when life gets tough?  i'm glad he's gone elsewhere that's not the type of people I want the UofA assoicated with

azhog10

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2017, 04:49:21 am
AAU Coach was given the money AFTER Love made it to campus.....part of him getting to UCLA was why he got paid.....Oh and some of that $ made it back to K-Love.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: songofthesword on September 28, 2017, 12:51:23 pm
that is a cop out

i have a 17 year old sister. we have different fathers.  Her father just had a stroke and a brain thingy.  he can't move the right side of his body. can't work.

not only that, my sister goes to a private school (LR Christian) and plays golf.. quite well I mgiht add. good enough to get looks from the UofA.

there is no 150k windfalll to help out. that's when the family steps up. and there is no handouts when she goes to college either.

and what does that teach your child? its okay to cheat when life gets tough?  i'm glad he's gone elsewhere that's not the type of people I want the UofA assoicated with

"Family stepping up" is exactly the kind of manipulative pitch Reggie got about giving up playing with his friends at Arkansas and instead choose Mi$$take
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 01:01:24 pm
AAU Coach was given the money AFTER Love made it to campus.....part of him getting to UCLA was why he got paid.....Oh and some of that $ made it back to K-Love.

No, it just sets an MO for his former AAU coach. Was their earlier steering and inducement? Maybe.

azhog10

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 28, 2017, 01:05:06 pm
No, it just sets an MO for his former AAU coach. Was their earlier steering and inducement? Maybe.
Disagree. When Kevin was playing for SoCal Allstars it was very much known that he was being pushed to UCLA and his club team was streaming in cash. Part of that payment was to keep Kevin on L.A.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: azhog10 on September 28, 2017, 01:07:02 pm
Disagree. When Kevin was playing for SoCal Allstars it was very much known that he was being pushed to UCLA and his club team was streaming in cash. Part of that payment was to keep Kevin on L.A.

I meant to quote who you did. My point being that story would just tend to corroborate what you have said here.

azhog10

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 28, 2017, 01:13:43 pm
I meant to quote who you did. My point being that story would just tend to corroborate what you have said here.
Ohhh, got you.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 11:50:57 am

That comment has GOT to be Pig in the Pokey. It's just gotta be.

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 02:17:15 pm
Yeah, he used that name here before Pig-in-the-Pokey.

Hogs49ers

Lol no it was definitely me.  I am shameless.  Well the initial one was from me anyway haha.
SCREW Vandy!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 04:31:28 pm
Lol no it was definitely me.  I am shameless.  Well the initial one was from me anyway haha.

That was hilarious. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 04:31:28 pm

Were you the first comment acting like a MSU fan or the second person to comment?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 04:48:06 pm
Were you the first comment acting like a MSU fan or the second person to comment?

I was the initial post acting like a MSU fan lol.
SCREW Vandy!

PonderinHog

The_Bionic_Pig

Anyone notice LSU has suddenly been a very, very  attractive option for out of state elite talent over the last few months...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 28, 2017, 05:02:25 pm
I was the initial post acting like a MSU fan lol.

I'm talking about the other one. It's gotta be PiP.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 05:23:40 pm
It is. That's the name he uses on SEC Rant

Hogs49ers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 05:23:40 pm

I gotcha, I say that is probably a pretty accurate assumption haha.
SCREW Vandy!

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 28, 2017, 05:11:11 pm
Anyone notice LSU has suddenly been a very, very  attractive option for out of state elite talent over the last few months...

They've been paying players for awhile according to Leo Lewis case

Pig in the Pokey

you should be a detective. Im Slackaveli lol. Was here , too, a very long time ago.