Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fans are being played by Jeff Long

Started by Tusks, November 05, 2017, 09:59:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

the decision to fire BB has already been made. He was done after the Auburn game.

He wants to play the fans so when he does announce the firing the fans will 'thank' Jeff Long for taking action and he looks good to the fanbase.  If he were to fire BB too soon then it looks like the fans are in charge.

BB is done, has been since the mystery findings that the buyout was lower than thought were let out.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 09:59:18 am
the decision to fire BB has already been made. He was done after the Auburn game.

He wants to play the fans so when he does announce the firing the fans will 'thank' Jeff Long for taking action and he looks good to the fanbase.  If he were to fire BB too soon then it looks like the fans are in charge.

BB is done, has been since the mystery findings that the buyout was lower than thought were let out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a "resignation" as opposed to an official "firing".
Go Hogs Go!

Tusks

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 05, 2017, 10:15:36 am
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a "resignation" as opposed to an official "firing".

Semantics for me.  He's been told, don't come back.

jgphillips3

Yep.  This is where I'm leaning.  Negotiated resignation.

tconey1

so he should come out and say I'm going to fire BB at the end of the season? Yeah that works.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 10:20:00 am
Semantics for me.  He's been told, don't come back.

Hope you're right but I don't think that fits Long's MO.

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 10:22:55 am

And of course, we'd need the source, haha.

hassettsportsman

If that's true and Bielema is gone, doesn't also suggest the 'search committee' has been formed and hard at work? Who are the members?

Tusks

Quote from: tconey1 on November 05, 2017, 10:20:34 am
so he should come out and say I'm going to fire BB at the end of the season? Yeah that works.

I'm trying to keep all the nervous nelley's from visits to the ER cause their hearts can't take the strain of the crap being produced on the field.

Dark Helmet Hog

Tusks

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 10:22:55 am

Sure it does, Jeff loves the attention and he's not going to let it seem like anyone has any say except him.  The 5-5 BOT leak tells you all you need to know.  He's being told what to do but I  guaran-damn-tee (thats a southern term for the JL fans) he told them he'll do what he's told but HE will control the narrative.

I've never seen a more fragile ego than Jeff Long.  It's amazing someone with that much power is so petty and suffers from getting beat up on the playground. 

Tusks

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 05, 2017, 10:25:08 am
If that's true and Bielema is gone, doesn't also suggest the 'search committee' has been formed and hard at work? Who are the members?

Jeff Long thinks he's James Bond, so there's conference calls and meetings but he's going to put his face on it to the agents even if a few people have their hands so far up JL arse they're washing brill cream off their hands to eat dinner.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 10:29:09 am
Sure it does, Jeff loves the attention and he's not going to let it seem like anyone has any say except him.  The 5-5 BOT leak tells you all you need to know.  He's being told what to do but I  guaran-damn-tee (thats a southern term for the JL fans) he told them he'll do what he's told but HE will control the narrative.

I've never seen a more fragile ego than Jeff Long.  It's amazing someone with that much power is so petty and suffers from getting beat up on the playground. 

Perhaps I haven't given Long's ego enough credit to have more influence on his decision making than his arrogance.

hawgon

MuskogeeHogFan

As you have already read in another thread, I don't think Long is playing the fans (as you agreed), I just think that he has a certain way that he will go about this so that eh gets rid of Bielema and hires a new HC, but he will do it in the most positive way possible so that he leaves Bielema with some self respect, while moving forward with a coaching search. It probably is already under way without it becoming public knowledge.
Go Hogs Go!

Granny fan

I don't care if he's fired, resigns, or is beamed up by aliens, as long as he's gone!

jethro

Allowing a semi graceful exit is never a bad thing.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: jethro on November 05, 2017, 11:55:02 am
Allowing a semi graceful exit is never a bad thing.

It really is best for all parties involved. But it sure is hard to have patience.

247Hog

I find it interesting that Norvell has been a hot name this season but had to address his team a week ago regarding Florida and other opening. His comment was he is focused on his team and the current season. Makes me think he is Florida bound or has a team waiting that has already made the decision. That would be Arkansas, Tennessee, Oregon St., Florida IMO. Auburn and A&M is still a toss up which doubt they have a guy sealed up ATM.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hollywood870

I hope he plays us for a good coach.

Tusks

Quote from: 247Hog on November 05, 2017, 12:04:54 pm
I find it interesting that Norvell has been a hot name this season but had to address his team a week ago regarding Florida and other opening. His comment was he is focused on his team and the current season. Makes me think he is Florida bound or has a team waiting that has already made the decision. That would be Arkansas, Tennessee, Oregon St., Florida IMO. Auburn and A&M is still a toss up which doubt they have a guy sealed up ATM.

Florida has different options as far as a HC.  I want Norvell for head hog but I don't see him being on Florida's radar as a top option.

Maybe the hogs would be competing with TN for Norvell but he's got AR blood around him and I think he'd take the AR job over the TN job.  I could see maybe Campbell taking TN over the hogs but I can see Campbell taking FL over TN.

If every other option for the hogs fell through and the hogs ended up with Norvell, that would be just fine for many hog fans.

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 05, 2017, 11:10:15 am
As you have already read in another thread, I don't think Long is playing the fans (as you agreed), I just think that he has a certain way that he will go about this so that eh gets rid of Bielema and hires a new HC, but he will do it in the most positive way possible so that he leaves Bielema with some self respect, while moving forward with a coaching search. It probably is already under way without it becoming public knowledge.

Amazing how many can't stand the reality that Long is handling this difficult situation in quiet and out of the spotlight.  Professionally. I guess that clashes with the opinion that he's an egotistical, attention whore drama queen.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LZH

247Hog

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:20:51 pm
Florida has different options as far as a HC.  I want Norvell for head hog but I don't see him being on Florida's radar as a top option.

Maybe the hogs would be competing with TN for Norvell but he's got AR blood around him and I think he'd take the AR job over the TN job.  I could see maybe Campbell taking TN over the hogs but I can see Campbell taking FL over TN.

If every other option for the hogs fell through and the hogs ended up with Norvell, that would be just fine for many hog fans.

I agree. Would love to land him.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ipigsooie

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:20:51 pm

Florida will hire Frost. They are coming hard at him. Norvell isn't on the top of their list. 

Tusks

Quote from: longpig on November 05, 2017, 12:23:14 pm

Amazing how many can't stand the reality that Long is handling this difficult situation in quiet and out of the spotlight.  Professionally. I guess that clashes with the opinion that he's an egotistical, attention whore drama queen.

I'm not sure which thread but I'm not completely backing off JL playing the fans. 

There's a $15M buyout we can't fire him.  Then JL competence is questioned for such a contract and mysteriously all of a sudden its $5M not $15M.

There's a huge movement inside the program to oust JL along with BB, then JL capitulates and notice the pitchforks have been taken out of the press to a point that fans are worried nothing will happen.

JL plays for JL first and the UA second.  I will stand by that opinion until he's finally moved on to the Ivy league.  He's played the UA to a cool $1M a year with little or no success in football.

That was BS tears at the press conference.  He was embarrassing for those that can see through him.

Locutus_of_Boar

Getting to an honorable resignation was probably Long's plan since TCU.  Haing survived the near misses at Oxford and against Coastal they've got to the point where they can ride out a three game losing streak with nothing more than some hints that change is coming.

If they win out a few fans will jump back lon the wagon and Long might get a little heat but not nearly as much as he will take from the majority of the fans and more importantly from the money and odds are that Bielema is already working on his next step, probably a media job for next year to let his reputation recover a bit.

GuvHog

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 10:29:09 am

No, the 5-5 BOT split says Jeff Long is very likely to be cleaning out his office and leaving right along with Bret.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lechon

Quote from: Granny fan on November 05, 2017, 11:25:19 am
I don’t care if he’s fired, resigns, or is beamed up by aliens, as long as he’s gone!

After a good whoopin down by the cement pond
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

#1Fan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 10:20:21 am
Yep.  This is where I'm leaning.  Negotiated resignation.
Kind of like the Robb Smith "resignation", hopefully.

bennyl08

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:31:35 pm
I'm not sure which thread but I'm not completely backing off JL playing the fans. 

There's a $15M buyout we can't fire him.  Then JL competence is questioned for such a contract and mysteriously all of a sudden its $5M not $15M.

There's a huge movement inside the program to oust JL along with BB, then JL capitulates and notice the pitchforks have been taken out of the press to a point that fans are worried nothing will happen.

JL plays for JL first and the UA second.  I will stand by that opinion until he's finally moved on to the Ivy league.  He's played the UA to a cool $1M a year with little or no success in football.

That was BS tears at the press conference.  He was embarrassing for those that can see through him.

JFB              Long     Football success since joining the SEC in 1992
103-87-2     63-56    total record in the SEC
0.5364         0.5294  Winning fraction
14-7-15       10-3-5  highest preseason-in season-post season AP ranking
9                   6        bowl games total
0.5625        0.6666  fraction of seasons with a bowl game
2-7              4-2      bowl game record
39                30       Total draft picks
2.43             3.33    Average NFL draft picks per season
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Atlhogfan1

Overthinking it again.  Forum full of emotional women. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pigsknuckles

So which scenario results in the least recruiting damage? I'm sure any potential replacement is going to look at the current talent pool, and what fruit is on the vine.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 05, 2017, 01:28:41 pm
So which scenario results in the least recruiting damage? I'm sure any potential replacement is going to look at the current talent pool, and what fruit is on the vine.

Don't worry about damage to recruiting if done properly there won't be any.
Big advantage we have over other schools on getting a replacement is CBB was given 5 years of sub par performance most other schools would have fired him after 3 years.
Coaches will be looking at that and know their job will be safe for at least 2-3 years while they try to rebuild the team and instill a winning mentality to replace the current losing mentality the players have.

Tusks

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 05, 2017, 01:28:41 pm

The roster is full with only 15 signing.  That's what's hopeless.  It's not like they're about to have room for a full 25.  The hogs are this bad and it's the same team next year. 

So a coach is going to have to learn to makes some chicken salad out of chicken schit.

hobhog

You need to wear a tin foil hat to keep Long out of your head. You are losing it....

menace_hawg3

I've been following your posts for a while and you seem pretty well connected and solid on CBB leaving. Do you know Jeff Long? I'm not being combative or disagreeable, because I really hope you're right. How do you know these things?

hobhog

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on November 05, 2017, 01:41:21 pm
I've been following your posts for a while and you seem pretty well connected and solid on CBB leaving. Do you know Jeff Long? I'm not being combative or disagreeable, because I really hope you're right. How do you know these things?

May be funniest post I've read on here in years....😂

BearsBisonsBoars

Long has turned in to such a boogeyman around here. Need me to check under your bed like I do for my daughter, too?

menace_hawg3

Quote from: hobhog on November 05, 2017, 01:48:09 pm
May be funniest post I've read on here in years....😂

Shut up hobhog. I'm trying to learn something here. This man is in the know.

moses_007

I don't care if he's fired, resigns, or is beamed up by aliens, as long as he's gone!
Beamed up by aliens!  LMAO.  Post of the year.

hoglady

I don’t care if he’s fired, resigns, or is beamed up by aliens, as long as he’s gone!

Beam him up, Scottie!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Man, I am so relieved just knowing that any future recruits out there that might be planing to consider Arkansas knows that the nice fellow, AD Jeff Long, has the situation well in hand and has their very best interest and will provide a wonderful new coach so they can just relax and come on in.  No Worries, just trust Jeff.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 05, 2017, 01:03:01 pm
JFB              Long     Football success since joining the SEC in 1992
103-87-2     63-56    total record in the SEC
0.5364         0.5294  Winning fraction
14-7-15       10-3-5  highest preseason-in season-post season AP ranking
9                   6        bowl games total
0.5625        0.6666  fraction of seasons with a bowl game
2-7              4-2      bowl game record
39                30       Total draft picks
2.43             3.33    Average NFL draft picks per season
Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:31:35 pm

JL plays for JL first and the UA second. I will stand by that opinion until he's finally moved on to the Ivy league.  He's played the UA to a cool $1M a year with little or no success in football.

I definitely think all three highlights are true and have always believed them to be so.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 01:36:13 pm
The roster is full with only 15 signing.  That's what's hopeless.  It's not like they're about to have room for a full 25.  The hogs are this bad and it's the same team next year. 

So a coach is going to have to learn to makes some chicken salad out of chicken schit.

I don't know how they will do it, so don't ask, but if we get a new coach I'll bet we sign closer to 25 than 15.

Tusks

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 05, 2017, 05:29:45 pm
I don't know how they will do it, so don't ask, but if we get a new coach I'll bet we sign closer to 25 than 15.

Going to real interesting where a new coach sees the talent deficiencies, especially if he's a great talent evaluator.

DoctorSusscrofa

An anonymous poster has never seen a more fragile ego than Jeff Long. That's funny.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

HardCore

Quote from: 12247 on November 05, 2017, 03:55:25 pm
Man, I am so relieved just knowing that any future recruits out there that might be planing to consider Arkansas knows that the nice fellow, AD Jeff Long, has the situation well in hand and has their very best interest and will provide a wonderful new coach so they can just relax and come on in.  No Worries, just trust Jeff.

Advice?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Augustus

I'm hoping the Chancellor of the UofA is looking towards replacing both the Athletic Director & the Head Coach of the Razorback Football Program...

And the Chancellor is playing everyone.