Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fans are being played by Jeff Long

Started by Tusks, November 05, 2017, 09:59:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig In The City

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 05, 2017, 10:15:36 am
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a "resignation" as opposed to an official "firing".
Honestly thought he would have seen the writing on the wall after last season and resign. He quit last season.  It was obvious.

jvanhorn

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 10:31:03 am
Jeff Long thinks he's James Bond, so there's conference calls and meetings but he's going to put his face on it to the agents even if a few people have their hands so far up JL arse they're washing brill cream off their hands to eat dinner.

LOL, I think that is  Brylcreem.  Jesus, how old are you.  Is this Fonzie?

bennyl08

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 05, 2017, 05:14:58 pm
I definitely think all three highlights are true and have always believed them to be so.

Notice you didn't highlight the little or no success in football part.

Going in order, how many people is that not true for? How many people would turn down a job that they would otherwise prefer, out of loyalty to their current company? I'm not talking about turning down a higher paying job to stay in a place where they have friends or to keep from having to move somewhere they wouldn't like, because you are still putting yourself first in that situation. Businesses no longer show loyalty to their employees and don't put the employees needs in front of the business's needs. Why should the reverse be true?

Long is getting paid handsomely as a result of the athletic department having a healthy amount of profit which is his job to make sure happens. He's made this program way more profitable than we have any right to be, which is purpose of his job. He's playing the UA into paying him so much in the same way that Saban is playing Alabama's AD to pay him so much, by doing his job very well.

Which press conference are you even talking about?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

texas tush hog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 05, 2017, 12:27:13 pm
Florida will hire Frost. They are coming hard at him. Norvell isn't on the top of their list. 

Florida seems to be down to two, Mullen or Frost. Campbell appears to be Tennessee bound, Chad Morris appears headed to A&M. If Mullen goes to Florida, Frost goes home to Nebraska. Of course, Leach is a player at Nebraska, because of them having hired Bill Moos. Guess where Mike Norvell is headed, home sweet home. I'm way out on a limb here, so sticky this post, and check back in a few weeks for accuracy.

Pork Twain

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 09:59:18 am
the decision to fire BB has already been made. He was done after the Auburn game.

He wants to play the fans so when he does announce the firing the fans will 'thank' Jeff Long for taking action and he looks good to the fanbase.  If he were to fire BB too soon then it looks like the fans are in charge.

BB is done, has been since the mystery findings that the buyout was lower than thought were let out.
Does your tinfoil hat keep you cool in the sun or warm in the winter?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Al Boarland

I expect staff changes. Just not at HC unless the remaining games are blowouts.

AirWarren

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 09:59:18 am
the decision to fire BB has already been made. He was done after the Auburn game.

He wants to play the fans so when he does announce the firing the fans will 'thank' Jeff Long for taking action and he looks good to the fanbase.  If he were to fire BB too soon then it looks like the fans are in charge.

BB is done, has been since the mystery findings that the buyout was lower than thought were let out.

We will see.

sigpooie

Longs inability to see trends in an actual sport is why I think he should go. And posting his record against jfb is not helping your argument. And for the love of god Broyles would never have a team ranked lower than asu. So in my eyes, long has done something no other ad at ark or asu could do.... Maybe they fb gods are going to put us in a bowl against them. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

searkhogfan

Quote from: sigpooie on November 06, 2017, 06:06:26 am
Longs inability to see trends in an actual sport is why I think he should go. And posting his record against jfb is not helping your argument. And for the love of god Broyles would never have a team ranked lower than asu. So in my eyes, long has done something no other ad at ark or asu could do.... Maybe they fb gods are going to put us in a bowl against them. 

Long is getting way too much credit.  Long doesn't wield the same power  as Broyles did.  Broyles was the man.  Long does as he's told. 

hawgon

One thing is for sure, in the old days barring lucky to beat a Sunbelt team that ASU had already boat raced would have been cause for termination in and of itself regardless of anything else.

searkhogfan

Quote from: hawgon on November 06, 2017, 07:00:38 am
One thing is for sure, in the old days barring lucky to beat a Sunbelt team that ASU had already boat raced would have been cause for termination in and of itself regardless of anything else.

When you embarrass the big money guys on homecoming.  You're done. 

Never saw Long on the field for the homecoming ceremonies.  But we did have a Broyles on the field.   Our Beautiful Homecoming Queen,  Beau Broyles.