Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overreacting

Started by hawgfan4life, March 02, 2016, 10:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

Since every loss brings fan overreacting, I wanted to overreact with a win.

Give MA a contract extension and all the assistant coaches a huge bonus.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 02, 2016, 10:12:18 pm

LOL

razorhog52

Winning SEC record is huge. I think outside the 3 game stretch of Auburn and the Mississippis he's done a good job in the SEC games. However, he needs to continue to pull off the wins on the recruiting trail.

FreshHog

+1

;D

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Breems

Hire MA.

Outcoached Avery Johnson.

Winning 2 straight road games in Year 5.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Letsroll1200

I love it!!!! Big Win

Wooderson

Absolutely the biggest basketball win in the last 30 years!!!!

What's amazing is how coach Anderson won with coaching that Coach K can only dream about!

We could have beat any team in the country tonight playing our second five.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Breems

Quote from: Wooderson on March 02, 2016, 10:17:47 pm

What's amazing is how coach Anderson won with coaching that Coach K can only dream about!

Beat a former NBA Finals Runner-Up coach. His style just won't let us lose road games anymore.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

1highhog

Yep, I'd sure call that overreacting.  But yes, I did enjoy the game, but it's going to take more than winning 3 games on the road to get me to want to give CMA a raise and I still think he needs to upgrade his staff.

pigture perfect

I am so excited, I think I will run naked around the yard.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PonderinHog

Not directed at anybody in particular.

bphi11ips

Since I've said this is a dangerous team and fun to watch all year, I don't need to overreact.  Never get too high or too low.  Even the best Richardson teams went flat for a couple of games before the usual March run.

Proud of this team for the effort. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BadHog

We were very prepped for LSU TN and AL on the road this year.  Give credit to MA and team for not caving like majority of fans have.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Pig in the Pokey

they actually have outperformed our expectations by a couple games. A home win saturday and, hell, 18 wins BEFORE the SEC tourney?? Aren't we supposed to be talking braketology at that point???
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

elksnort

THIS year's Razorbacks can play half court offense pretty well I think.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Breems on March 02, 2016, 10:15:16 pm
Hire MA.

Outcoached Avery Johnson.

Winning 2 straight road games in Year 5.
Don't we have 3 road wins total in conference. That's a bunch for SEC road play this year. For any team.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 02, 2016, 10:33:09 pm
they actually have outperformed our expectations by a couple games. A home win saturday and, hell, 18 wins BEFORE the SEC tourney?? Aren't we supposed to be talking braketology at that point???

Yes, pump  your brakes please.  ;)
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Jonteviosk

Yes good job giving the fair weather fans a dose of their own medicine. Liked it
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

jdlew

Quote from: Jonteviosk link=topic=610061.msg10213001#msg10213001 date=145698132
[/quo

jdlew

Quote from: Jonteviosk on March 02, 2016, 11:02:03 pm
Yes good job giving the fair weather fans a dose of their own medicine. Liked it

So you think the fans that are not happy with MA didn't enjoy the win.....think again..

WooPig90

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 02, 2016, 10:33:09 pm

17 wins before the SEC tourney**

3kgthog

Quote from: jdlew on March 02, 2016, 11:28:12 pm

So you think the fans that are not happy with MA didn't enjoy the win.....think again..

It makes them feel better to put down those that have a different opinion. They think being a Hog fan and being a Mike fan are mutually exclusive.

Nipsey Mussle

March 03, 2016, 12:41:37 am #22 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:06:33 am by BBsTheMan
Quote from: 3kgthog on March 03, 2016, 12:36:38 am
It makes them feel better to put down those that have a different opinion. They think being a Hog fan and being a Mike fan are mutually exclusive.
Lol just a tad bit of irony there coming from you.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: jdlew on March 02, 2016, 11:28:12 pm

You seem a more defensive than happy. :-X

Hogsolo

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 02, 2016, 10:29:01 pm
Since I've said this is a dangerous team and fun to watch all year, I don't need to overreact.  Never get too high or too low.  Even the best Richardson teams went flat for a couple of games before the usual March run.

Proud of this team for the effort.

Good stuff, I agree 100%.   

Kevin

this team & coaches have done a great job bouncing back after the auburn debacle.
now, finish it off Saturday.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

poloprince

I commend the coaches and the players because they could have easily folded up the tent after the Auburn loss.
$PoLoPrInCe$

razorbackfanatic

If everyone comes back next season that is still eligible, with the new additions this should be a very good team and very fun to watch. I can't wait to watch Jaylen Barford drive to the basket and kick it out to a wide open DH or drop it off to MK 3 feet from the goal!

HogNDas

This team started the season with FIVE new starters....CMA has done a wonderful job!....and, with last night's win, the streak continues, NEVER HAD A LOSING SEASON!....I see great things ahead!!!!

JayBell

The last two wins would be amazing without all of the tremendously disappointing losses.  Three non-home losses to Wake Forest (11-19), Georgia Tech (17-13) and Stanford (15-12).  Think of where the team would be right now without HOME losses to Mercer, Akron and Auburn...

Suck up to Anderson if you want to, but if you can beat A&M and Texas Tech at home and Alabama on the road, then all of those other weak losses should be inexcusable.  Celebrate the Alabama win, yes, but also remember the 32-point loss at Mississippi State.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: JayBell on March 03, 2016, 09:35:40 am
  Celebrate the Alabama win, yes, but also remember the 32-point loss at Mississippi State.

Respice post te! Hominem te memento!
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

wheelspigharvey

The last two wins would be amazing without all of the tremendously disappointing losses.  Three non-home losses to Wake Forest (11-19), Georgia Tech (17-13) and Stanford (15-12).  Think of where the team would be right now without HOME losses to Mercer, Akron and Auburn...

Suck up to Anderson if you want to, but if you can beat A&M and Texas Tech at home and Alabama on the road, then all of those other weak losses should be inexcusable.  Celebrate the Alabama win, yes, but also remember the 32-point loss at Mississippi State.

Don't tell me how to feel about beating Bama!

cityhog

Quote from: Kevin on March 03, 2016, 09:04:56 am
this team & coaches have done a great job bouncing back after the auburn debacle.
now, finish it off Saturday.

^^ this^^

cityhog

Quote from: poloprince on March 03, 2016, 09:07:29 am
I commend the coaches and the players because they could have easily folded up the tent after the Auburn loss.

^^ and this^^

TomBigBeeHog

Lifetime contracts all around and 20 percent raises every year. Plus, CMA gets to hand pick his successor (TJ Cleveland). Make Jimmy Dykes the AD when Long steps down and install Marcheita as the womens bball coach.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Wooderson on March 02, 2016, 10:17:47 pm

Probably the biggest win since Sid and Ron beat UCLA in 78.
It's the kind of win other programs can only dream of
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HoopS

pssh.

Then make sure to sulk all baseball season about the loss yesterday. And for heavens sake I hope you didn't enjoy the bowl win because we lost to Toledo.

Nobody is happy we lost those games. But our team continued to fight and improve which is what happens when you replace dangnear all your previous starters. No quitters on this team. Glad they don't reflect many of our fans.

Boardon Hamsay

10-12 year extension, minimally.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

JayBell

Quote from: HoopS on March 03, 2016, 11:05:25 ampssh.

Then make sure to sulk all baseball season about the loss yesterday. And for heavens sake I hope you didn't enjoy the bowl win because we lost to Toledo.

Nobody is happy we lost those games. But our team continued to fight and improve which is what happens when you replace dangnear all your previous starters. No quitters on this team. Glad they don't reflect many of our fans.

Nobody was happy Arkansas lost to Toledo, but Bielema didn't get worshipped for beating LSU the way folks are with Anderson after beating Alabama.  The difference between football is the quality wins clearly outweighed the bad losses, especially considering how tough the SEC is.

Anderson deserves credit for the four-game win streak, including two on the road, but he deserves just as much criticism for at least half a dozen truly bad losses on this year's schedule.  If Arkansas wins just two of those games, then they have a chance to make up for them with postseason play, which is exactly what the football team did.

HoopS

Worshipped? Good grief.

DeltaBoy

Solid win for the Hogs on the Road.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoopS

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 03, 2016, 01:03:29 pm
Solid win for the Hogs on the Road.
careful. Don't worship.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HoopS on March 03, 2016, 01:07:13 pm
careful. Don't worship.

In the Hawgball Trinity there is the father (CNR), the son (CMA) and the holy ghost (40 min of hell). Not sure why we can't worship, that would be blasphemous.