Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gritty win

Started by ShadowHawg, March 02, 2016, 10:09:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

This team is tough minded. 2 road wins in a row, 4 wins in a row and they seem to be getting stronger. I thought they were done after the two blowout road losses.

Woo Pig Sooie!

Danny J

Great win.....love the fight in this team.

TheShow

The one thing about MA and the system we run, it's geared to be strong at the end of the season.  No question we have lost games we shouldn't have, and been in many games we had no business hanging around.  If they keep playing the way they are, anything is possible.

Hoggish1

The zebras wanted to give it to Bama but we prevailed!

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 03, 2016, 07:00:40 am
The zebras wanted to give it to Bama but we prevailed!

I too thought that the officiating was a little one sided, in favor of Bama.
It was a tough win and it was on the road.
Great game, guys!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Big Boi

If the meltdown in Mississippi would have never happened, CMA could rub this year in most of our faces. 

discombobulationist

Quote from: Big Boi on March 03, 2016, 07:13:00 am
If the meltdown in Mississippi would have never happened, CMA could rub this year in most of our faces. 

That, or if we could have finished strong and held on for a couple of the games we should have won (Stanford, Auburn, etc), we'd be sitting at 18-12 right now. If Moses stays, which I think he will, we could be pretty good next year.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

yocdaddy

It's all part of the roller coaster that I call Arkansas Basketball...up....down....up...down.  I'll take some consistency for $1000 Alex.  Sitting at 16-14, with 3 really suspect losses (could be 19-11 right now), we should be on the bubble.

I guess that I should feel good about the win at Bama, but for some reason, I'm starting to feel that we underachieved.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

HoopS

Quote from: yocdaddy on March 03, 2016, 10:03:57 am
It's all part of the roller coaster that I call Arkansas Basketball...up....down....up...down.  I'll take some consistency for $1000 Alex.  Sitting at 16-14, with 3 really suspect losses (could be 19-11 right now), we should be on the bubble.

I guess that I should feel good about the win at Bama, but for some reason, I'm starting to feel that we underachieved.
like some of us said as those losses happened....inexperience hurt us. Some are trying to point to defense only or coaching decisions and while our D hasn't been good, those very winnable games we lost were close right up until the end where we maybe turned it over, missed a free throw, got blocked, they made a big shot, a BS whistle was blown, an in bounds play resulted in a jump ball, etc,... In other words-- our inexperience as a whole cost us and even with that inexperience, we still were one or two little things -- sometimes flukie things -- away from a very successful season.  It happens in sports. And you can't dwell on it but work to improve the areas. We've had a lot to work on and it sure looks like we've made improvements.

It oughta make some look a little closer at the future and think, wait a minute -- we may well be pretty dang good and soon.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Big Boi on March 03, 2016, 07:13:00 am
I don't think that derailed the season for the fans as much as the Auburn debacle. I lost faith after Auburn
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol