Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Bass Masters Classic- Tulsa

Started by zane, February 20, 2016, 06:18:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zane

Anyone heading to Tulsa in a few weeks for the tournament? I'm in OKC and am thinking about heading up Sat morning. Never been to one of these before so I'm looking forward to it.
RIP LSUfan

hogbud

The Bassmasters Classic (March 4-6th) will be a fun event and Tulsa will put on a great show. Expo is a can't miss with vendors galore and access to fishing legends. Weigh-In and expo at BOK while tourney will be on Grand Lake. Okies Edwin Evers, Jason Christie and James Elam are favorites while Mark Davis and Billy McCaghren represent Arkansas. The usual sticks - KVD, Ike, Skeet, Martens will be competing as well.
Bass Pro Shops in Broken Arrow offering shuttle services from their parking lot.
The dilemma is do you attend and fight the crowds or just go fishing instead?

razorbackfan86

Went to the Classic in Shreveport a few years back and it was fun. The expo had a lot of vendors and a bunch of neat stuff. The weigh in was put together really well, even got to see a free Zac Brown Band concert.

hogbud

Classic starts tomorrow and report is that Grand Lake is still very muddy from record flooding in Nov/Dec. Water temp in low 50's and gradual warming trend could turn fishing on.  These guys will catch em and I'd love to see Mark Davis win his second classic. He's coming off skin cancer surgery and it would be a great story - plus, he's a great ambassador for our state. Bassmaster website does great job covering event with live reports and weigh-in.

hogbud

Day 1 in the books and Grand Lake proved to be stingy to most anglers.  Blue skies, little wind and dirty water caused struggles. Less than half the field of elites caught their limit and some zeros as well.
Results:
1st Jason Christie 20 lbs/14 oz. (*this is his tourney to lose since Grand is home lake)
2nd Greg Vinson 18.1
3rd Alton Jones 17.13
4th Randy Howell 17.6
5th Bill Lowen 16.5
Bad day for Arkies with Mark Davis in 38th and Billy McCaghren in 51st just hoping to make cut.
Over 10,000 in attendance at BOK Center today.

tophawg19

Shereveport was really good . Alton Jones is a class act .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogbud

Day  2 results: Christie expands lead as Grand continues to be tough
1st Jason Christie 37.9
2nd Todd Faircloth 31.14
3rd Edwin Evers 31.4
4th Bill Lowen 30.8
5th Aaron Martens 30.5

Attended today and Tulsa putting on great show and will break all-time attendance record it appears. Shuttle system to expo and weigh in is very convenient from Bass Pro and Dick's in Broken Arrow.  I talked to several elite pros today who are excited about April tourney in Mountain Home area and plan to trout fish for fun week before tourney. Must be great to fish for fun even if it's your occupation!

theFlyingHog

I'm planning on getting out on my boat tomorrow and flying around wide open, see if I can scare them fish off

hogbud

Edwin Evers came from behind with a whopping 5 bass limit weighing 29 lbs and 3 oz to win the Classic.  Evers ran 30-minutes up the Elk River while the rest of the field continued to struggle on the main lake.  Jason Christie ended up in 2nd place. Evers and Christie are roommates on the Elite Series tour.  This win for Evers gets the monkey off his back as a great angler who never won the big one and he now will be considered one of the greats.
Final Results:
1st Evers 60.7
2nd Christie 50.2
3rd Martens 46.5
4th Lowen 45.11
5th Howell 45.10

PonderinHog

Carl Lazlo