Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kayak Fishing

Started by Hog_Swanson, February 15, 2016, 03:08:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog_Swanson

It's getting close to that time again.  Anyone know any good crappie spots accessible for kayak?  I don't really like taking my yak out on the big lakes.  I'm hoping for close to NWA, but would like to hear about them from all over the state.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

hogbud

The popular TV show "Krappie Kings" aired an episode from Lake Sequoyah last year.

Hog_Swanson

February 15, 2016, 10:02:15 pm #2 Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:52:24 pm by Hog_Swanson
Quote from: hogbud on February 15, 2016, 07:29:44 pm
The popular TV show "Krappie Kings" aired an episode from Lake Sequoyah last year.
Where can I find this show?nvm.  youtube

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

pigture perfect

Blue Mountain Lake near Magazine is outstanding small lake loaded with crappie.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogbud

I love Blue Mountain but main lake is very exposed and a mild breeze can cause whitecap conditions....be safe

DeltaBoy

I done it a few times it great for getting back up tributaries that feed into a larger lake.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog_Swanson

It's gotta be getting close to time to chase the white bass.  Has anyone taken a shot at them yet?

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 04, 2016, 02:35:04 pm
It's gotta be getting close to time to chase the white bass.  Has anyone taken a shot at them yet?
Well, I picked up the new Pescador Pro 120 Angler last night.  Gotta put the anchor trolley on and mount all my gear.  This season is going to be wonderful.  Any other kayakers here?

DeltaBoy

Yep it about time to chase those white bass.  When I lived in Springdale we would go down below the lake and the whites would be running in the shallows and we caught them with CREAMS Plastic Minnows.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 11, 2016, 02:21:01 pm
Yep it about time to chase those white bass.  When I lived in Springdale we would go down below the lake and the whites would be running in the shallows and we caught them with CREAMS Plastic Minnows.
If the weather will cooperate, I'm gonna take the new yak on her maiden voyage down below the twin bridges this weekend.

jdelo77

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 04, 2016, 02:35:04 pm

Water temp is still a little cool , next weeks warmer weather will help !!!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: jdelo77 on March 13, 2016, 09:42:36 pm
Water temp is still a little cool , next weeks warmer weather will help !!!
Buddy of mine tore them up today.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on March 13, 2016, 10:46:48 pm
Buddy of mine tore them up today.
I'll find out tomorrow which end of the lake (Beaver) he was on.

jdelo77

Nice !!! I know they aren't to far up the river yet , but they should be moving ...

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: jdelo77 on March 14, 2016, 06:21:32 am
Nice !!! I know they aren't to far up the river yet , but they should be moving ...
This was actually caught on Table Rock.  He said he was on the river end, but it was still wide open lake.

Hog_Swanson

I drove down to twin bridges this weekend.  The water is still pretty muddy.  Didn't stop people from trying though.  Couldn't even find a parking spot.