Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 26, 2014, 12:16:20 pm
I've learned those bets that look so enticing are the ones to avoid.

That was why I asked. As I said I am new to this, and am just kind of making mock picks to see if I might want to play a few bucks at some point.  Actually when I made my picks earlier this week, I got Atl at -21/2.

Anyway, I just find it interesting to see where the lines get set every week, gives me something to keep track of on Sunday afternoons.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dropkick

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Dropkick on September 26, 2014, 01:58:00 pm
I like Colorado State +9.5 @ BC

I do too, haven't been able to pull the trigger yet though. The line movement has been heavily in BC's favor.

Added VA -27.5

DadVader1

I get the sense that the BC line may have gone from a BC cover at -5 or -6 to a Colo. St. cover at +9.5.  The spreadsheets loved BC at -5 or -6, but the game no longer stands out at -9.5.

Hawgndaaz

Tonight:

Old Dominion -2.5 2u
New Mexico +4 2u

Just got a warning on my website that it will be out sporadically tomorrow so I will need to get all my Saturday picks in tonight

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 26, 2014, 03:46:06 pm
Tonight:

Old Dominion -2.5 2u
New Mexico +4 2u

Just got a warning on my website that it will be out sporadically tomorrow so I will need to get all my Saturday picks in tonight

I received the same warning.  Wonder if we are using the same "service". 

Hawgndaaz

StuartDavin

Yeah, just noticed that warning myself :/

Most of the picks I make, the line tends to fall in my favor towards the last minute. So this probably means a slow weekend for me.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Baylor -21 / 4 units
Iowa -8.5 / 5 units
S Carolina -5.5 / dime play
Washington +7.5 / 5 units
Tennessee +17 / 5 units
Notre Dame -9.5 Dime play
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

jkstock04

September 27, 2014, 12:49:57 am #7360 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:58:55 am by jkstock04
Eleven plays on my card for tomorrow:

Baylor -21....4 unit bet

Duke +7....4 unit bet

Kentucky -17....2 unit bet

Mississippi -19....2 unit bet

Syracuse +10....2 unit bet

NC State +19....2 unit bet

Mizzou +6....2 unit bet

Temple vs Uconn, under 45....2 unit bet

Florida St vs NC State, over 59.5....2 unit bet

Maryland vs Indiana, over 70...2 unit bet

(adding) Boston College -8.5...2 unit bet

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 26, 2014, 08:20:01 pm
Baylor -21 / 4 units
Iowa -8.5 / 5 units
Tennessee +17 / 5 units

This, with minor differences in odds....wash @ +7, baylor -22
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Kentucky -17       4 units
Maryland +4        2 units
BGSU -5                2 units

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 27, 2014, 07:29:17 am
Kentucky -17       4 units
Maryland +4        2 units
BGSU -5                2 units

Did BG get their starting QB back?

Spikes

Baylor -21 / 4 units
Iowa -8.5 / 5 units
Tennessee +17 / 5 units

Good luck Jeff
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

SPAL

Has anybody heard from will? Seriously starting to worry about that guy.

yraciv

September 27, 2014, 10:22:09 am #7367 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:36:34 am by yraciv
4 units
S Carolina -4 L

3 units
Cincy +17.5 L
Notre Dame -9 W

2 units
Duke +6 L
UCLA -3 W
Clemson -15 P

1 unit
Michigan -13.5 L
Toledo -13 W

YTD 25-18-1, +15 Units

widespreadsooie

I just stuck with what I have posted earlier:

Virginia -27.5
NC St. +19
TX St. +3

10-11 YTD

b-ball coach

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 27, 2014, 09:48:15 am
Has anybody heard from will? Seriously starting to worry about that guy.

I will text him.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Spikes on September 27, 2014, 09:39:08 am
Baylor -21 / 4 units
Iowa -8.5 / 5 units
Tennessee +17 / 5 units

Good luck Jeff

Thanks homie :)
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 27, 2014, 12:13:43 pm
What are you doing?

Seriously! That's the most idiotic betting pattern I've ever seen, and that's without considering the Hogs could win outright.

yraciv

And good luck today Jeff. Looks like we're on a lot of the same sides this week.

SPAL

Quote from: yraciv on September 27, 2014, 12:26:45 pm
Seriously! That's the most idiotic betting pattern I've ever seen, and that's without considering the Hogs could win outright.

I was gonna give him a pass cause I assumed he was new to it.

Quote from: yraciv on September 27, 2014, 12:27:24 pm
And good luck today Jeff. Looks like we're on a lot of the same sides this week.

You too buddy!
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 27, 2014, 12:28:16 pm
I was gonna give him a pass cause I assumed he was new to it.

Sir pigs even though he could likely hit both; doing him a disservice not calling that out. No wonder Vegas turns a profit every year like they do!
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 27, 2014, 12:39:16 pm
Sir pigs even though he could likely hit both; doing him a disservice not calling that out. No wonder Vegas turns a profit every year like they do!
yeah, you're right

Spikes

MMQB is in full melt down!! Jeff bite your tounge and don't give in... We need you here!!! Stay the course my man!! Stay the course

b-ball coach

Unfortunately making money as I have been for 3 years by betting money lines instead of spreads... Would have gladly laid the 300 for a win today. Smart bettors understand moneyline wagering. Take Ole Miss vs Memphis easy winner that hits 95% of the time. Instead of worrying about lines you can pick winners.

yraciv

Quote from: b-ball coach on September 27, 2014, 07:05:55 pm
Unfortunately making money as I have been for 3 years by betting money lines instead of spreads... Would have gladly laid the 300 for a win today. Smart bettors understand moneyline wagering. Take Ole Miss vs Memphis easy winner that hits 95% of the time. Instead of worrying about lines you can pick winners.

I highly doubt you have been making money betting heavy favorites. If so, you may me up $10, so congrats.

StuartDavin

???

Man that's like betting Tyson in his romp.

Bet the money line win bet the money line win. Oops buster Douglas .

I'm not doubting you, or your profit margin, or what you do.  That said I have been at this a very long time and make a lot of money each year. I promise it's much more than three.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Spikes on September 27, 2014, 06:59:21 pm
MMQB is in full melt down!! Jeff bite your tounge and don't give in... We need you here!!! Stay the course my man!! Stay the course

I'm trying Hannibal, but Murdock is making me crazy :)
Let's make some waves.

September 27, 2014, 08:09:15 pm #7385 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:41:55 am by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Okau
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

1-1-1 today. I'm pissed off and sick. Y'all have a good night and I will see you tomorrow

DadVader1

September 27, 2014, 08:30:14 pm #7387 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:02:14 pm by DadVader1
Ok, I was out riding a bicycle 100 miles today and got a kick out of calling in a Jeff tail at mile 65.  I added ND-9, so here is what I ended up with:

UCLA -3
Kentucky -17
TX St. +3.5
Colorado +14
TCU -32
Virginia -27.5
ND- -9

So far, so good.  Fingers crossed.  I'm loving that the ones that didn't make the final cut still performed well.  I think the spreadsheets are ready for prime time. 

Spikes

SPAL

I just don't get betting 1200 dollars to win 100.

widespreadsooie

3-0 today, brings me to 13-11 YTD. Fourth week in a row to turn a profit.

Won on TX St. +3, NC St. +19, and UVA -27.5

widespreadsooie

I also just noticed karma is turned off, smh at MMQB.

DadVader1

Another good week.  Thanks to Jeff for the ND call.  Went 6-1 on the week for +5 units, making it 16-11-1 and +5 units ytd.  I'm optimistic that the spreadsheets are getting dialed in (11-3 over the last 2 weeks).

UCLA -3  W
Kentucky -17  L
TX St. +3.5  W
Colorado +14  W
TCU -32 W
Virginia -27.5 W
ND -9 W

widespreadsooie

Another great week Vader, I look forward to what the spread sheets like next week. Some lines I think will be favorable are TN vs. FL, RUT vs. MIC, and Stanford @ ND.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 27, 2014, 10:55:58 pm
I just don't get betting 1200 dollars to win 100.

Nah. Think it was made up. Nobody with any sense does that !
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 27, 2014, 11:25:47 pm
Another good week.  Thanks to Jeff for the ND call.  Went 6-1 on the week for +5 units, making it 16-11-1 and +5 units ytd.  I'm optimistic that the spreadsheets are getting dialed in (11-3 over the last 2 weeks).

UCLA -3  W
Kentucky -17  L
TX St. +3.5  W
Colorado +14  W
TCU -32 W
Virginia -27.5 W
ND -9 W

Well done sir!
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Looks like I had the worst day of everybody and I broke even. Good day, gents. Congrats to all.

Supermark101

Especially early in the year. I bet money line parlays early in the season. Mix in one LSU/Wisconsin type game and the payout increases greatly. I've won 5 of 6 weeks the last two years.  Turned 300 into just under 3000, in week 2, this year. That is by far the best I've done, thank you Oregon.

I started using a site, this year, that lets me bet FCS/FBS games. I made a killing on those.  Might not be the "smart" play, but it works for me.

widespreadsooie

SPAL